Done:
26489777bu.jpg

26489779xq.jpg

26489780hq.jpg

26489781zy.jpg

26489782mz.jpg

26489783fj.jpg

26489784mz.jpg

Another BR built. As most of you, I really like the results the prop builders have created back then. The real one is a work of art.
I've picked up a kit from the Italian guys, which is cool for me in case of saving import fees and avoiding problems. Soo, the kit came in two separate boxes. These guys were very nice, I had an issue with one part, but they've sent me an exchange for free.
First on the list was to deflash the parts with a file and some drilling on the replaced part. After that I've tried the first time to blue the gunparts with aluminium black from Birchwood. The results can be seen below. I think they aren't perfect, but they look more realistic now.
4wclciz4.jpg
8ydac59x.jpg
378et6ro.jpg
y464b9bv.jpg

Today I'm coating the rest of the parts in black and do some aging before assembling the 'blaster'.
If somebody wants to try the Birchwood aluminium blackening, pm me. I have 1/2 bottle with no more need for it.

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner Gun - All metal built in progress - aged with Birchwood alu.black

Some progress.
Spray-painted the parts, unfortunately I forgot one side of the barrel shells :facepalm off to work again.
2henehvw.jpg
f7yfj56c.jpg

Re: Blade Runner Gun - All metal built in progress - aged with Birchwood alu.black

Looks great.I could use this stuff for my Coylekits barell that is made from aluminium.:)

I don't know about anybody else, but I got bombarded by popups and spam when I clicked on your photos. I would suggest using the RPF uploader to directly post photos.

It looks like a nice build, but yikes man, I'm not clicking on the pics again. :)

I don't know about anybody else, but I got bombarded by popups and spam when I clicked on your photos. I would suggest using the RPF uploader to directly post photos.

It looks like a nice build, but yikes man, I'm not clicking on the pics again. :)

Same here!

Yeah...I use picr.de...no spam and no problems and free!:):thumbsup

13995532_10153561958531580_4903087405199934164_o.jpg

This is my blaster (WIP); I used dry graphite spray on the receiver and barrel to get that worn bluing look.

That's what I'm talking about. Now I can enjoy your work!

Very nice.

Thank you man. Honestly I have to say, this was not an overall easy built..sometimes this was challenging me. But I loved it to find solutions and keep on track. Now, back to the previously started project...my Boba Fett blaster isn't finished yet.

I'm currently building a Sidkit Worldcon. I used the same Birchwood stuff and found that carefully using Autosol (an automotive metal polish) on a microfiber cloth adds a really nice shine to the finish - much more like an aged gun finish would be. Has to be done very carefully so as not to remove the Birchwood. That said, it works well if you want to remove Birchwood to show wear on corners, etc.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back