Rogue One Toys

doctorDWwho

Sr Member
I was surprised there wasn't already a thread for this, seeing as it's just six months until the movie comes out. Have the rumors been confirmed about a black series TK helmet? Also, what's the usual scheduling for toy releases in relation to the film? I have a major mind block for TFA, but I wanna say they started releasing them in September?

we haven't seen any pictures yet have we? to be honest I have been completely disappointed with TFA figure line. they came out with barely anything

I remember when episode 1 came out there was a TON of figures

felt very ripped off with TFA line. and still do, New England has gotten barely anything when it comes to figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, at the local target and Wal-Mart they didn't really have a very large selection for about five months after TFA came out. I just thought it was just people clearing out their inventory, but it doesn't seem like the action figure line was very big at all. I mean it was like April by the time I was able to find Han and Rey in the store.

They had a con packaging version of Jyn Erso.

star-wars-black-series-rogue-one-jyn-erso.jpg

My nephew is getting too old for figures (I should say losing interest, because we're all "too old" :lol ) so I haven't gotten any for the last two or three years. It looks though like they have a lot less articulation than the ones pre-Rebels/TFA.

Unfortunately. decent articulation is saved for the 6 inch and the 3.75 Black Series {which is only sold at Walmart). It's really disappointing. I'd be okay with it if the sculpts were given extra effort, but I just feel like they're cutting corners a lot more than they used to.

I am starting to wonder if the marketing approach will be completely different for Rogue One. No new trailer at celebration or Comic Con and the buzz around merchandise is pretty weak from what I have seen. Maybe the "gritty war movie" won't have the large merchandising effort associated with it. Who knows at this point?

Unfortunately. decent articulation is saved for the 6 inch and the 3.75 Black Series {which is only sold at Walmart). It's really disappointing. I'd be okay with it if the sculpts were given extra effort, but I just feel like they're cutting corners a lot more than they used to.

Obviously you do not keep up with Collecting news... The Black Series is to be for Collectors the Mission series or 5 points of articulation are supposed to be for your kids to beat the hell out of as we did back in 77 80 83. The black series 3.75 is disappointing in the fact these are only sold in Walmart. The 6 inch line which is in set #3 Blue stripe Orange Stripe and now the red stripe on the side of the box, all have 14 + points of articulation, available everywhere. Exclusives were at Target Walgreens Toys r Us etc For Rogue One the entire first wave was announced Jania Solo is fans Choice 2016 Lando Imperial Guard Qui Gon Hera Tusken Raider were shown for future waves. I Can`t insert picks for some reason however I do review unbox etc Mainly Star Wars over on youtube nothing special https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcUOffInw72e4Zj7RyEWZrA 6 inch black was just on sale at Dork Side toys picked up Poe Dameron and Guavian Enforcer for about 26 usd.

What news did I not keep up on? This is strictly about Rogue One toys. Regardless of if the toys are for kids or not, the figures have never looked this rough in any previous line. Some of the figures in the current line could probably even pass as vintage.

I don't know a lot about toy manufacturing /pricing, so take this with a grain of salt; I would expect it to be a little more expensive than the Kylo helm, more in the $100 range

EDIT: also from the pics I can't see any speaker holes, which is a plus.

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about toy manufacturing /pricing, so take this with a grain of salt; I would expect it to be a little more expensive than the Kylo helm, more in the $100 range

EDIT: also from the pics I can't see any speaker holes, which is a plus.

Anyone with common sense that needed to put one into a TK helmet would put them concealed behind the "teeth/grill"

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back