Show your custom Lightsabers!

Help!

Can't quite decide on how to configure my latest...

Here's what I'm looking at, with some friends for scale.

ver2.jpg

The parts are still fluid and I can compact it down, and give it a different emitter end:

ver1.jpg

But I'm worried that's overkill...

I concur with the previous statements. The first configuration is the better looking of the two. Also, considering you have the "oil pan" activation area like Yoda's, I think flat, broader grips would also be the way to go.

I have some weird off sized t-track I want to try-- if that looks wrong, Yoda style grips are it for sure.

The original configuration looks great. What's it made from?

The body is made of two Heiland sync units that don't have the usual plugs, a trade bonus gift from @ScottD

They are connected by pvc, the black part in the middle. That's a 3D printed Yoda-style activation box, sized for a TCSS saber. The Emitter is a random TCSS coupler that I painted, put some O-rings on, and slid a Mendelsohn c-flash body inside of to make an emitter.

Needs a couple greeblies and I need to figure out how to hold it all together-- and I need to paint the Yoda box some more cause it's so different from the black emitter.

I've got a couple of sink builds, they are my first attempt at saber building but I like the way they turned out.

View attachment 642944:View attachment 642945

How are ya doing the buttons? I used Lego for a big red button on my latest...

Lightsaber 4.0, this time loosely based on Qui-Gon Jinn's and made 100% without hot glue gun. The emitter end is pressure fit and the grip is made of tape since I lack the resources to mold plastic or machine anything really. I like the way it turned out but the usual problems of excess glue, some poorly filed/sanded bits, etc. I dunno if it's impatience or lacking good finishing tools/knowledge of finishing techniques. I try to use acetone to remove the excess glue but it never really works. This time I also added a small crystal chamber that comes out with the pommel.

roysaber10 by mccoyed, on Flickr

roysaber6 by mccoyed, on Flickr

roysaber4 by mccoyed, on Flickr

roysaber9 by mccoyed, on Flickr

How are ya doing the buttons? I used Lego for a big red button on my latest...

Lightsaber 4.0, this time loosely based on Qui-Gon Jinn's and made 100% without hot glue gun. The emitter end is pressure fit and the grip is made of tape since I lack the resources to mold plastic or machine anything really. I like the way it turned out but the usual problems of excess glue, some poorly filed/sanded bits, etc. I dunno if it's impatience or lacking good finishing tools/knowledge of finishing techniques. I try to use acetone to remove the excess glue but it never really works. This time I also added a small crystal chamber that comes out with the pommel.

[url]https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8749/28161806132_ab71f60fd3_k.jpg[/url]roysaber10 by mccoyed, on Flickr

[url]https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7326/28161808122_714c041d9e_k.jpg[/url]roysaber6 by mccoyed, on Flickr

[url]https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7394/28161809642_16e49d7b0e_k.jpg[/url]roysaber4 by mccoyed, on Flickr

[url]https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7415/28231353316_c8ae166993_k.jpg[/url]roysaber9 by mccoyed, on Flickr
That turned out really cool, actually for the button I took tookone of the throw away parts from my pop up drain assembly, the end of which looked a lot like a button, cut the end off, sanded and painted it just to see if I liked how it looked, I liked on the long hilt one so I just did the same on my Rahm Kota hilt.

That is really nice. Simple and clean but a hint of copper and brass for visual interest. A practical grip area as well (too many sabers fall down in that regard).

Nailed it!

ETA - I see you've used the clamp and the covertec button to secure the ends of the grip wrap. Clever.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back