Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

Peel the stencils off BEFORE THE PAINT DRIES!!!
if you wait too long the paint might adhere to the stencil and peel up when you remove them.
it's best to do it when the paint is still slightly wet...15-20 minutes after painting.

Ooh... Good to know. Was finally going to use my stencils this weekend....

As soon as I saw @Trooper_trent post I got to peeling hahah

Yea, I just a hell of a time peeling those suckers off. Nothing was catastrophic though. The emitter face and booster came out bests, which im good with because those patterns stand out most to me. Lost of little nicks and scraps cause I waited longer than I should've to peel off the stencils:unsureAll good though.

My thought is,(thinking as if Luke had it) it's paints worn, it's been knocked around, and in battles, duals, all sorts. So it having Knicks and scrapes doesn't sound too far off.

So, I'm happy with it :DPictures to come...

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

She'll do for now. Just waiting on a clamp and then it'll be all put together.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and helpful advice, it's turley appreciated.

I hear that @MCM and here in this Texas heat, a cold one is never too far from reach hahah

Uh-oh, @PoopaPapaPalps just found your post in the V2 discussion page. Looks like headed to the hardware store(s) to find that mystery chunk hahah

I got the mystery chunk, is there an exact position for it?

I see images with it directly below and centered with the knob and then I see below but slightly to the left off center.

I got the mystery chunk, is there an exact position for it?

I see images with it directly below and centered with the knob and then I see below but slightly to the left off center.

To be specific, the mystery chunk sits above the third pommel cube to the right of the D-ring; the middle of the chunk roughly above the upper-left corner of the base of the cube.

For reference, you can see it on my hilt here, Trooper Trent's here, and MCM's here.

Last edited:
Noooice! Very helpful, thank you all very much. Going to work on drilling/tapping this weekend:thumbsup

thanks again, everyone

Just waiting for my Romans clamp and then I can put my lever and card on.
I'm very happy with how mine turned out. I poured over all of the build recommendations in the various threads as I was planning how I was going to paint this. A huge thank you goes out to Anakin Starkiller for doing this run, Trooper Trent for the amazingly detailed and nitpicky stencils, Roy for the lever and Slothfurnace for the card! After I removed the stencils the prop looked great but a little too clean for my taste so I decided to make it look a little more weathered, used and dirty if you will. I wanted it to look like it'd been banged around on the prop masters table and handled by dozens of people over the course of many months of film shooting.

----------------------------------------------------
Finished Update!!

Stencils applied...
image5.JPGimage6.JPG

Painted and stencils removed...
image4.JPGimage3.JPG

Now to make it look a little more 'lived in'...
image1.JPG

Now with the finished clamp, lever and card!
IMG_0893.JPGIMG_0894.JPG

Overall I am very pleased with this. It is my first prop 'build' ever and I couldn't have made it look this good without all of the great weathering and assembly advice that so many people shared so selflessly on this forum.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    673 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Amazing builds SenseiFetter & Dr Talyn! :thumbsup SenseiFetter, I love the added weathering you did. It looks fantastic. Looks like you still need the mystery chunk. & it's funny, Dr Talyn, I own the MR Signature Edition v2, & I had no idea it was smaller! I guess I've never had them side by side yet. I guess it's cause I still need to paint mine. I'm also scuffing up the clamp a bit more.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I need to take week off in September (or I loose it), & I plan to get it painted then. Until then, I'm really enjoying the way this looks clean.

I bought this one already painted. Not sure if I'm going to redo it or leave it as is. If I do repaint, I think I'd like it to be AFB. Got my Roman's clamp the other day, so modified that to fit the saber, swapped out the lever, and threw in the card. Still need to drill for the mystery chunk and add the d ring.

LukeROTJv2b.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back