Game of Thrones

There are definitely Tyrell sigils on some of the sails in that picture. Itd be silly if those ships went all the way back to Mereen with Varys only to turn right around and come back to Westeros. Who knows, though. I got the impression she was just setting sail from Mereen in that scene. Maybe not, though.

Maybe the opening for season 7 will be the taking of King's Landing. Hahaha, shortest reign ever. Would almost be perfect for Cersei, but valonqar and etc.

The only way it makes sense to me is if the ships from Highgarden met her fleet off the coast of Dorne where she could pick up Varys. From there it's straight north to King's Landing.

I'm not sure Dany would make a direct assault on King's Landing as her first move. I;m hoping they'll do something similar to what was done in the books with Jon Connington's plot. I think Dany would need to gain support from more houses before assaulting King's Landing and trying to remove Cersei. After all, whats to stop Cersei from just destroying the entire city with wildfire before she Dany even gets there? Will Jaime have to slay another mad ruler?

So, with regard to the Tyrells having not much say over Cersei taking the throne... Aren't they still feeding King's Landing and much of the crownlands? All they need to do in order to effectively underscore their disapproval is stop sending food.

Without reading the books, I was surprised to find out there was magic keeping the WW at bay. I wonder how well it will work in the coming months....

So, with regard to the Tyrells having not much say over Cersei taking the throne... Aren't they still feeding King's Landing and much of the crownlands? All they need to do in order to effectively underscore their disapproval is stop sending food.

That's true, but I'm sure that Cersei has something in mind to take care of that, Ollena would probably have something to say about that. Then again, with her in Dorn and the rest of the major members of her family dead, Cersie could easily annex Highgarden claiming it was the will of Margaery or some such nonsense, it's not like Cersei is above making up stuff in order to get what she wants.

That's true, but I'm sure that Cersei has something in mind to take care of that, Ollena would probably have something to say about that. Then again, with her in Dorn and the rest of the major members of her family dead, Cersie could easily annex Highgarden claiming it was the will of Margaery or some such nonsense, it's not like Cersei is above making up stuff in order to get what she wants.

I highly doubt anyone in highgarden would let that bitch have a word on them. You blew thier whole lovable family away. Plus grandma wears the pants in that house. So they would likely walk into hell to support her. Thinking about almost every house head is dead or up for grabs really. Expect sam's daddy who is doing just fine at the moment.

I'm not sure Dany would make a direct assault on King's Landing as her first move. I;m hoping they'll do something similar to what was done in the books with Jon Connington's plot. I think Dany would need to gain support from more houses before assaulting King's Landing and trying to remove Cersei. After all, whats to stop Cersei from just destroying the entire city with wildfire before she Dany even gets there? Will Jaime have to slay another mad ruler?

Attacking King's Landing first thing would definitely be a foolish move, at the very least she'd need time to rest her troops from the voyage, then work out strategies for taking Westeros, or at least King's Landing and figuring out how to best use her different troops to their best advantage. Then there's the matter of setting up her logistics, an army that large is going to need a lot of food and water and not to mention fodder for their horses, and don't mention 3 fairly large dragons that need to be fed regularly. All that would be much easier to accomplish if she first landed somewhere she could sit quietly without worry of being attacked as soon as she came ashore and making friends with families not fond of the Lannisters and/or Cersei personally would go a long way to providing her with the logistical support she needs as well as the quiet place to rest and train her troops. I'm certain that this is something that both Tryion and Varys would advise and Olenna would approve of, who knows, Olenna could offer Tyrell lands as a base camp for Dany and her armies. The only problem with camping in/around Highgarden is that it's clear on the other side of Westeros from King's Landing, although that would keep her from being noticed by Cersei, even if that means a long march across Westeros to reach King's Landing. Alternately, there's always Dorne, also far from King's Landing and a slightly shorter march to King's Landing with the benefit of allowing her to meet up with Dornish troops before setting off for King's Landing.

I highly doubt anyone in highgarden would let that bitch have a word on them. You blew thier whole lovable family away. Plus grandma wears the pants in that house. So they would likely walk into hell to support her. Thinking about almost every house head is dead or up for grabs really. Expect sam's daddy who is doing just fine at the moment.

That depends on just how quickly Olenna fled King's Landing after Margaery's warning, was she staying in Highgarden when she heard what happened in King's Landing and then ran to Dorne with orders to essentially do nothing to help Cersei, or did she leave for Dorne right after leaving King's Landing and finding out what happened while in Dorne? It's also possible that she's going along with Cersie's coronation right now and not do anything overt to oppose her while she plots her downfall since by lying low Cersei would think that she's either in or mourning or too scared to move on her. Besides, it's not like the general public knows that it was Cersei who was responsible for the attack on Baelor's Sept, she'll probably spin it that it the work of separatists from the North, the Night's Watch, or maybe even Highgarden and Olenna in particular.

There are definitely Tyrell sigils on some of the sails in that picture. Itd be silly if those ships went all the way back to Mereen with Varys only to turn right around and come back to Westeros. Who knows, though. I got the impression she was just setting sail from Mereen in that scene. Maybe not, though.

I think a lot more time had passed than what you might think between the scene in Dorne with Oleanna, Ellaria and Varys and the scene with Dany setting off to Westeros. At least several months.

I figure Varys brokered the deal, then sailed to Mereen with whatever ships they got from Highgarden or Dorne while Dany's army spent time preparing to leave and putting things in order in Meeren. They just cut out all the boring stuff in between.

it's also possible they did not sail out of slavers bay, but maybe marched to Volantis or some other place closer to Westeros' mainland to cut the ocean voyage shorter. If they crossed where Myr is there is only a few hundred miles to sail across the sea and they can use the step stones to give the dragons a break from flying etc...

http://amapoficeandfire.com/home/

Last edited:
Without reading the books, I was surprised to find out there was magic keeping the WW at bay. I wonder how well it will work in the coming months....

Depends on how soon Bran crosses into south of The Wall. Remember that the Night King marked him and can now follow him anywhere, even through magical barriers. Once Bran gets past The Wall, the magic keeping the White Walkers there will no longer be effective.

Also, this:

yl6duuu.gif

I'm unhappy, though, that people are getting their revenge.
I thought the show worked better in the early seasons when you wanted someone to die, and you wanted this person to kill them, but then out of nowhere someone else kills them, denying them their revenge. Now it seems everyone is getting exactly what they wanted and it's less realistic to me.
It's becoming predictable, and I don't watch GoT for predictability - I watch it for the other thing.

Except...its not over yet. There's a line from Ramsay Bolton from a few seasons ago that I kind of felt was more than just a taunt aimed at Theon. I've always felt like it was a nod to the audience as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back