What Pepakura File Would You Like To Have Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is generally the program of choice for the 3d modeling being done? Are you able to take a 3d model from a video game (say for the armor pices) and convert that into a PEP file?

That's how I do it, I use 3D Ripper DX and an assortment of other 3D programs to open and edit the pulled models, there's also other extractors that you could ask on the Facepunch, Xentax, or UModel forums on what they are and how it's done. For MK9 Models for instance, This is for the XBOX360 Disk, First use PowerISO to extract the ISO when you put the disc into your computer and once the ISO is extracted from the disc use Xbox 360 ISO EXTRACT to extract all the files from the ISO. But then you arent finished, the files are in xxx format not psk. So you have to download UModel: UE Viewer | Gildor's Homepage
Use that to take the Source files out of the xxx files, import the .psk character file for each character with Milkshape it will be in the Skeletal Mesh folder, and have something like Rain.psk for the file name, remove the skeleton from the model, break down the armor sections, that's where it becomes a real challenge most of the models will have over 100 model groups, and it's like a puzzle. After you break down the sections you want you will more than likely have to do some more cleanup with a alternate 3D program like for me I use Metasequoia LE, save the MQO file and then open up in Pepakura Designer, and take your time unfolding the file. This process works for a lot of the XBOX360 games but not all of them.

I wouldn't mind a simplified for foam builds Arkham Asylum or Arkham City Batman. (mostly the boots and arm guards, the head I'd do in papercraft and make it out of latex.)

Right now I'm currently doing a unfold of this beauty for a customer but once I finish it I'll be getting back to work on Samus Aran and Malgus files. And yes it's as much of a PITA as it looks with 2,792 faces to the model.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow my hats off to the guys doing this. Seems VERY VERY involved and the finished product is amazing!

That's how I do it, I use 3D Ripper DX and an assortment of other 3D programs to open and edit the pulled models, there's also other extractors that you could ask on the Facepunch, Xentax, or UModel forums on what they are and how it's done. For MK9 .........

So at the risrk of sounding dumb, is there a place to learn to unfold? never done it before but Im willing to try to do my part. :confused

I am looking for a pep file on Thor's armor from the movie for the next comic con i go to and the avengers movie. I have been looking around on google and found nothing useful, i keep finding stuff for his helmet and hammer, but not the armor

I have the 3D file for the chest armor but it's slightly high poly and I won't be able to get to it until after me and Elro are done with the MK9 Cyber Ninjas.

i would looooove to see a sith acolyte mask/helmet from SW:TOR. i've made most of the armor already, although not entirely accurate, but the mask would set it all off

Wow. I'm having fun just kinda watching this thread. :D I agree on a few though, I would like to see Hellboy's arm (Five Finger Mary..lol!) and maybe even Big Baby (his gun) if they have it out there, which I doubt.
Jabba the Hut would be freaking wicked.
And Johnny5, if anyone builds him, I want to see it!

Here's a weird random one that I bet you've not had requested that I would like to see done if it is even out there anywhere...

Witchblade. Just a Witchblade arm/hand would be really cool to see.

I have a Johnny5 3D Model but it'll take a lot of work to get it down to being usable for pepakura. I believe Dungbeetle did a file for the Big Baby, and there's a few files out there for the Hand of Doom.

This is the Johnny No. 5 Model I have, but I think it has 15,000 polys. It has open edges and flipped faces all over it. I've wanted to make a pep file of it forever but it's too HD for my old computer to handle it.
2lwoo42.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back