BEST Thor Stormbreaker 3D file?

SaberFreak

Sr Member
Been trying to find a Thor Stormbreaker 3D file and all of them look different.

What's the consensus on which is THE best one out there in terms of accuracy(size, detail and proportion)?

Last edited:
As far as I've seen, there aren't currently any accurate Stormbreaker files out there. Do3D's does look nice and the head is mostly accurate, but it suffers from the same inaccuracy as others, this being the curved and wrapped handle. In the film the handle is straight and does not have the small vine wrappings on it. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be basing their files and builds off of the Hot Toys which appears to have been made before the look for Stormbreaker was finalized.

As far as I've seen, there aren't currently any accurate Stormbreaker files out there. Do3D's does look nice and the head is mostly accurate, but it suffers from the same inaccuracy as others, this being the curved and wrapped handle. In the film the handle is straight and does not have the small vine wrappings on it. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be basing their files and builds off of the Hot Toys which appears to have been made before the look for Stormbreaker was finalized.
Agreed on the handle.

I'm mostly interested in the axe itself. I'm gonna base my handle on the film version and will probably make it out of real vines and a tree brunch instead of 3D printing it.

You guys should definitely check out quintunesp on instagram he 100% has the most accurate model out there and i'm sure you guys would be certainly pleased. He also gives a variety of different handle options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished modeling stormbreaker but itd not available just yet as I want to 3d print it myself to make sure its ok as when you slice it up for printing it leaves a face open (where the cut is made and I cant fix iton the model before slicing) but easily fixable by meshmixers inspector tool.
4e427d742200741c202aaeeabfaa2a07.jpg
27123e9614b2debf31998279bea47f88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello, I am the @quintunesp Minh131 told about, I modeled after Hot Toys in the begining of march and printed it to go to the premiere of infinity war, but after the movie I updated the model, I guess it is pretty acurate, with the runes from the Hasbro toy too, and the handle with the wrapped vines.
And I am selling the files if anyone is interested.
IMG_20180523_205403.jpgIMG_20180426_160421.jpgIMG_20180603_031222.jpgreceived_1743418705741966.jpegreceived_1725028574247646.jpegreceived_1730541893696314.jpegreceived_1725028984247605.jpegreceived_1702479333169237.png

Attachments

• IMG_20180523_205546.jpg
    IMG_20180523_205546.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Hello, I am the @quintunesp Minh131 told about, I modeled after Hot Toys in the begining of march and printed it to go to the premiere of infinity war, but after the movie I updated the model, I guess it is pretty acurate, with the runes from the Hasbro toy too, and the handle with the wrapped vines.
View attachment 828703View attachment 828704View attachment 828702View attachment 828698View attachment 828697View attachment 828699View attachment 828700View attachment 828701
Wow yours is amazing detail really nice :)

I decided to model because of the most known Mjolnir model untill now, that I still think is inaccurate, and I modeled one myself, detailed enough to Thor dedicated cosplayers commission to me, so I thought if I model one stormbreaker detailed enough, maybe it gets referenced, and sorry, but Do3D version is to basic, and they made an strange thing in the edges of the blade making it thinner than the rest of the blade, it doesn't make sense, the blade should be the thinner part so it could cut

I wanted to learn 3d modeling ive done bits and pieces here and there but I challenged myself to create and I did its not perfect but I am happy with it....yeah never been a huge fan of do3d the files look nice but heard problems related to their files or parts missing etc and the prices are outragous for what they are
I decided to model because of the most known Mjolnir model untill now, that I still think is inaccurate, and I modeled one myself, detailed enough to Thor dedicated cosplayers commission to me, so I thought if I model one stormbreaker detailed enough, maybe it gets referenced, and sorry, but Do3D version is to basic, and they made an strange thing in the edges of the blade making it thinner than the rest of the blade, it doesn't make sense, the blade should be the thinner part so it could cut

I wanted to learn 3d modeling ive done bits and pieces here and there but I challenged myself to create and I did its not perfect but I am happy with it....yeah never been a huge fan of do3d the files look nice but heard problems related to their files or parts missing etc and the prices are outragous for what they are

And they charge differently, they don't show the price on their site because when you contact them, they choose how much they want to charge, I know people that payed 70, 75, 80, 95 dolars on their stormbreaker, same odel, a lot of different prices, they are fast to model, but not too proffessional considering their etics

And they charge differently, they don't show the price on their site because when you contact them, they choose how much they want to charge, I know people that payed 70, 75, 80, 95 dolars on their stormbreaker, same odel, a lot of different prices, they are fast to model, but not too proffessional considering their etics
Yeah thats actually annoying years ago i was looking for iron man mark 46 and they were charging like 300 for it and i was like its not worth it as its not accurate enough for that price like i was comparing it with hot toys and screen grabs and was completely off the chest piece lookes like it had iron boobs it stuck out that far and the legs were from the mark 45.

View attachment 828703View attachment 828704View attachment 828702View attachment 828698View attachment 828697View attachment 828699View attachment 828700View attachment 828701

How much do you charge just for the head of the axe?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back