STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

So why promote him to overseeing all Star Wars animation if there is not going be additional series? I don't think Destinies is enough to keep him busy. They still promise that Detours is going to happen but I think that sort of title promises multi series projects going on at one time rather than him just jumping on one to the next.

Additionally he keeps hinting that there is more to Ahsoka's story. You know he's going to be the one who tells it.

I’m a little confused MJF, that article says there is a future in animated series?

I’m lost in this conversation :(

I just watched the finale again... It is f ing amazing!!! Makes my heart warm [emoji173]️ [emoji813]️ [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought it on the play station network, but oddly enough I can only play it on the app for my phone.

I can't actually find it on my PS3. So I can't watch it on my tv

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The only thing that detracted from the finale for me was Rukh. That character annoyed the crap out of me. I wanted a Lothwolf to just munch him and be done with it. Having him repeatedly get thrown from a height and survive was really lazy storytelling.

Sabine & Ahsoka better make an appearance in a continued storyline... Filoni owes us that. And I'd like to hear how Hera goes from being a Captain (which should promote to Admiral in the fleet) to a General (an Army rank, not Navy).

I’ve seen a lot about how the Rebels finale was much more satisfying that the ST, and that Filoni captures the heart of Star Wars better that JJ or KK.
Honestly, I think he’s got it even better than older GL...
Aggregated, Clone Wars & Rebels have been the best SW since 1983. Sure, there have been a lot of duds in the series, but overall they’ve been great. CW gave me a new appreciation for the PT, and Rebels gave a rich side story and closure for many CE/PT threads.
While I do generally enjoy the ST so far, I have had my issues with it. A less satisfying movie like 1,2, or 8 is harder to move on from than a dud episode of the TV shows.

And I'd like to hear how Hera goes from being a Captain (which should promote to Admiral in the fleet) to a General (an Army rank, not Navy).

Dave Feloni answered that weeks ago... they promoted her off screen like Han and Lando were in JOTJ.. They were General's as well..

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Quick question - what do we call the offspring of a human and a Twi'lek? A Twuman? Or a Hi'lek? Are there any examples from the old EU of cross-species breeding?

That finale was fun,fun,fun. Enjoyable Star Wars. Filoni worked with GL on TCW and seems to have a clear understanding of his creation. So, where can I find the petition for DF’s replacement of KK?I wish to sign it.

Quick question - what do we call the offspring of a human and a Twi'lek? A Twuman? Or a Hi'lek? Are there any examples from the old EU of cross-species breeding?

More important, why don’t he have lekku? Will he grow them? Why do you need to call it anything? (SWJ joke)
A twilek-human, (Or since no lekku) a human-twilek, a Humek..., a Twi’man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen a lot about how the Rebels finale was much more satisfying that the ST, and that Filoni captures the heart of Star Wars better that JJ or KK.
Honestly, I think he’s got it even better than older GL...
Aggregated, Clone Wars & Rebels have been the best SW since 1983. Sure, there have been a lot of duds in the series, but overall they’ve been great. CW gave me a new appreciation for the PT, and Rebels gave a rich side story and closure for many CE/PT threads.
While I do generally enjoy the ST so far, I have had my issues with it. A less satisfying movie like 1,2, or 8 is harder to move on from than a dud episode of the TV shows.

Absolutely. I've said many times that the clone wars feels like the full realization of George's vision for star wars.

Absolutely. I've said many times that the clone wars feels like the full realization of George's vision for star wars.

Definitely. I really like Anakin’s interpretation in the CW, much less pansy or whiny or zombie mind washed than the PT, yet wittier, roguish, and cocky on one side and attached ,fearful and ambitious, makes him more relatable and vulnerable. Makes it easier to believe how he got corrupted.

Darth Gardea uses Tapatalk

Definitely. I really like Anakin’s interpretation in the CW, much less pansy or whiny or zombie mind washed than the PT, yet wittier, roguish, and cocky on one side and attached ,fearful and ambitious, makes him more relatable and vulnerable. Makes it easier to believe how he got corrupted.

Darth Gardea uses Tapatalk

And pairing him with ashoka was a masterstroke.

Seeing her with him makes his journey to the dark side make much more sense

And I'd like to hear how Hera goes from being a Captain (which should promote to Admiral in the fleet) to a General (an Army rank, not Navy).

Anyone who owns and commands her own ship is its Captain. It's not necessarily a military rank. The Rebellion tends to be generous in that respect, though, and brings their allied civilian Captains in as military ones... But it's an ongoing question as to whether the smaller craft are considered "air force" analogues to the capital ships' naval equivalence. Our air forces tend to have army ranks, and this would make Captain comparatively low in the pecking order. But they also have generals, as opposed to the navy's admirals. However, again... This means Solo jumped four ranks or more between the escape from Hoth and his return to duty post-carbon-freeze -- and Lando was brought straight in as a General.

We can only ever expect so much from the people that created/wrote these (*cough*George*cough*). Well, mainly George. He was fond of the sounds of certain words, like "group" and "commander" and so on, so a lot of things get used in not necessarily the right contexts, and too often contradictorily or nonsensically, and we the fans have to find ways to rationalize it. In this case, though, it's not that much of a problem. Even though the circumstances now differ, Wedge got promoted to General in both Legends and new canon books, so further reinforcement of fighters/freighters being more air-force-y. And Captain Solo being promoted to General over time at least sets precedent. So of all the things I'm still struggling with (mainly, not liking how Thrawn now has the Chimaera, Rukh, and Pellaeon at this point in his career, prior to heading out into the Unknown Regions, rather than after getting back; the Chimaera having that raised-hull-panel detailing depicting its name, which was never a thing, not is it for any other Imperial ship; and like that).

--Jonah

In the real world...

there are basically 3 types of Captains.

Ground Force Captains = O3 pay grade (equal to a Lieutenant in the Navy). This is similar to the rank used in the SWU.

Naval Captains = O6 pay grade ((equal to a Colonel in the ground force ranks). This does not seem to used in SWU.

The position of Captain = anyone who commands a ship civilian or military. Example: you can be a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy but if you are command a ship, it is proper for the crew to call him/her Captain. This usage seems to also be true in the SWU.

The only exception would be if for some reason an Admiral was the ship's captain. You never call any by a title that might infer they are a lower rank with in their service branch in which they actually are as it is insulting but you can if it infers a higher rank. This is the reason you cannot call every level of Sergeant in the Marines a Sergeant but you can in the Air Force. The reason is that Sergeant in the USMC is the actual title of the lowest pay grade of sergeant. However in the USAF, there is no such pay grade as sergeant, it is just a generic term for all pay grades of sergeant. But like I said it is allowed if it goes to a higher pay grade. Such as it is ok to call a LCDR a commander, or a RADM an Admiral because calling them a higher rank is not insulting but it cannot be used as their actual rank.

Now in Star Wars...

there is no difference in rank structure other than badge colors from Naval and Ground Forces with the only difference being that at the very top, if you are commanding a fleet, then you are an admiral instead of a general.

The other thing is that in the SWU, they tend to throw out the general rank a lot more. They use General a lot differently than they do in the world we know. Since the SWU is a fantasy universe, I am not calling it wrong, just different.

Last edited:
--- MJF beat me to it ----

Yeah, there is not really any correlation between ranks in Star Wars and US military ranks. The whole thing with Jedi being Generals, while padawans get the rank of Commander, is already crossing Army and Navy. It seems to follow Luke having been a Commander in ESB, prior to completing his Jedi training.

In our world, US Army, Air Force, and Marine officer ranks are the same, while enlisted ranks have the differences. Navy officer and enlisted ranks are unique to them, including differently rated Lieutenants and Captains (where Navy Lieutenants are the same grade as Army Captains, and Navy Captains are the same grade as Army Colonels).

There is no point in trying to make them "fit". Battlestar Galactica was similar, with Commanders outranking Captains and Colonels, all within the same branch.

Last edited:
I think we could see them pick up the Jacen Sendula storyline and explore that. It would afford an opportunity to revisit the Rebels characters but not focus on them alone. Ashoka is really the money character coming out of all of this. She is hugely popular, far more then Sabine or Ezra. I have zero doubt she will be part of Dave's plans going forward. Again, Disney is launching a streaming service so they want CONTENT.

Count me among those who have a far greater affinity for Ahsoka than Sabine. Ezra...not as much as Ahsoka, but far more than Sabine. I know I'm in the minority, but I never connected to the Sabine character at all.

In the real world...

there are basically 3 types of Captains.

Ground Force Captains = O3 pay grade (equal to a Lieutenant in the Navy). This is similar to the rank used in the SWU.

Naval Captains = O6 pay grade ((equal to a Colonel in the ground force ranks). This does not seem to used in SWU.

The position of Captain = anyone who commands a ship civilian or military. Example: you can be a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy but if you are command a ship, it is proper for the crew to call him/her Captain. This usage seems to also be true in the SWU.

The only exception would be if for some reason an Admiral was the ship's captain. You never call any by a title that might infer they are a lower rank with in their service branch in which they actually are as it is insulting but you can if it infers a higher rank. This is the reason you cannot call every level of Sergeant in the Marines a Sergeant but you can in the Air Force. The reason is that Sergeant in the USMC is the actual title of the lowest pay grade of sergeant. However in the USAF, there is no such pay grade as sergeant, it is just a generic term for all pay grades of sergeant. But like I said it is allowed if it goes to a higher pay grade. Such as it is ok to call a LCDR a commander, or a RADM an Admiral because calling them a higher rank is not insulting but it cannot be used as their actual rank.

Now in Star Wars...

there is no difference in rank structure other than badge colors from Naval and Ground Forces with the only difference being that at the very top, if you are commanding a fleet, then you are an admiral instead of a general.

The other thing is that in the SWU, they tend to throw out the general rank a lot more. They use General a lot differently than they do in the world we know. Since the SWU is a fantasy universe, I am not calling it wrong, just different.

I wouldnt call a Chief Master Sergeant a Sergeant, theyre addressed as Chief, or Chief Master Sergeant.

Now this is doing Star Wars right! Kathleen take notes and learn.

I've loved every episode of Rebels and thought the finale was great and really liked the post ROTJ ending.

I always thought Dave Filoni was being held back on the Clone Wars by George Lucas's fixation on the prequel trilogy and disdain for the original movies and fans.

I am a little bit worried that the next animated series is going to be to focused on the female characters instead of it being a balanced show like Rebels was, however i'm going to trust that Filoni can keep Kathleen Kennedy's SJW nonsense from influencing the show to much.

Having said that, i love me some Ashoka.

--- MJF beat me to it ----

Yeah, there is not really any correlation between ranks in Star Wars and US military ranks. The whole thing with Jedi being Generals, while padawans get the rank of Commander, is already crossing Army and Navy. It seems to follow Luke having been a Commander in ESB, prior to completing his Jedi training.

In our world, US Army, Air Force, and Marine officer ranks are the same, while enlisted ranks have the differences. Navy officer and enlisted ranks are unique to them, including differently rated Lieutenants and Captains (where Navy Lieutenants are the same grade as Army Captains, and Navy Captains are the same grade as Army Colonels).

There is no point in trying to make them "fit". Battlestar Galactica was similar, with Commanders outranking Captains and Colonels, all within the same branch.

Plus, Solo's Captain rank was the one he gave himself on his own ship-- and yet this paramilitary terrorist group honors it! Then after he's captured and rescued and volunteers to lead a mission, he's promoted to General.

The real world equivilient would be a guy who washes out of West Point to be a cargo pilot who ends up flying a mission for some Bolivian Guerillas and they call him a Captain cause that's what he says he is-- then they make him a combat General.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back