HP-44 Bus Type Computer Card Edge Connector for Luke ESB lightsaber?

I like them! The leads are the right thickness and length, but a little close together for my taste :lol

I have purchased a few surplus Ampex boards that are plausibly of the correct vintage and look sorta similar, for curiosity. I imagine using something like this until and unless we ever figure out what the truly correct board would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some pics:
IMG_1767.JPG

IMG_1768.JPGIMG_1769.JPG

Those silver fingers are to thick to be Luke ESB ... yet I do see some nice transistors ready for OB1 ANH perhaps?

Chaïm

Those silver fingers are to thick to be Luke ESB ... yet I do see some nice transistors ready for OB1 ANH perhaps?

Chaïm

Just some research, really. I've found nothing that is terrible close, just yet. And I don't think that any board that is heavily populated with parts is likely to fit the bill. There had to be a reason why they would waste board space with an extended run of perfectly straight traces... either very few parts, or parts that needs to be away from the connector bus socket for some reason.

Just some research, really. I've found nothing that is terrible close, just yet. And I don't think that any board that is heavily populated with parts is likely to fit the bill. There had to be a reason why they would waste board space with an extended run of perfectly straight traces... either very few parts, or parts that needs to be away from the connector bus socket for some reason.

At any rate, a bunch of the transistors are TO-5s of the proper vintage. And the edge connectors will do until (and if) I ever find something better.

Looks like I found that something better:

e53f789fb19c9a4e693cd72717e63e35.jpg

79452e8b2fdb0b01114a90e751e6d078.jpg

It seems likely that they used an extension card for some type of 44-pin bus. There were many devices using this standard at the time; and I have my suspicions on a few likely candidates. But for all I know, their extension card(s) came from a junk box rather than an actively cannibalized electronic device. And this seems reasonably close (vintage and geometry).

Until and unless someone definitively cracks the code (or I get an opportunity to peek inside some now-rare electronics) this will have to do.

that does look very good! I used the same product (mine was wide as opposed to long, with mounting holes on the sides) in my ESB saber!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back