Parks Sabers

Hey guys, new to the community but not to forums in general, and have read through all of this thread.

I've wanted a replica of Anakin/Luke's saber pretty much since the beginning of time but the opportunity or timing has never been there (I've settled for a AotC Anakin Force FX with the blade yanked out for a while haha.) However, the parks Graflex ESB seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and at the right price. Criteria being:

-Mostly accurate ANH/ESB/TFA Graflex replica (I don't care about sound holes in the pommel, metal rather than glass eye, etc)
-$200-300 price range
-Removable blade, or no blade, as most of the time I'd like the hilt to just be sitting around the house as a nice prop to pick up and admire.

I sent an email to Parks from the contact section of his site, and received a reply the next morning, albeit a bit generic and didn't specifically address one or two of my questions. I called an hour ago to leave a voicemail, but before I could finish I got a beep and a statement saying the VM box is full, so I sent my remaining question via email (can I get the Graflex ESB with the "glass" blade retaining knob instead of the second red Graflex button.) Hoping that's an option.

Anyway, I'm about 95% ready to pull the trigger and send the $300 for my order. But before I do, I wanted to double check that I wasn't missing an alternative option. I went to JQ sabers, but the Gr1 and GR2 are out of stock. Roman Empire seems to be Obi and RotJ only. Master Replicas is up hundreds % in price due to demand, and I figure their quality would be dodgy anyway.

Am I missing any alternatives? Parks says 12 weeks, though this thread says it can be longer, but I'm fine with a wait as long as I eventually get a quality product.

I should add Roman's replica is just the Graflex. No grips, cards, rings, etc. You would have to source those parts separately but you can easily do that and still be within your price range.

Hey guys, new to the community but not to forums in general, and have read through all of this thread.

I've wanted a replica of Anakin/Luke's saber pretty much since the beginning of time but the opportunity or timing has never been there (I've settled for a AotC Anakin Force FX with the blade yanked out for a while haha.) However, the parks Graflex ESB seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for and at the right price. Criteria being:

-Mostly accurate ANH/ESB/TFA Graflex replica (I don't care about sound holes in the pommel, metal rather than glass eye, etc)
-$200-300 price range
-Removable blade, or no blade, as most of the time I'd like the hilt to just be sitting around the house as a nice prop to pick up and admire.

I sent an email to Parks from the contact section of his site, and received a reply the next morning, albeit a bit generic and didn't specifically address one or two of my questions. I called an hour ago to leave a voicemail, but before I could finish I got a beep and a statement saying the VM box is full, so I sent my remaining question via email (can I get the Graflex ESB with the "glass" blade retaining knob instead of the second red Graflex button.) Hoping that's an option.

Anyway, I'm about 95% ready to pull the trigger and send the $300 for my order. But before I do, I wanted to double check that I wasn't missing an alternative option. I went to JQ sabers, but the Gr1 and GR2 are out of stock. Roman Empire seems to be Obi and RotJ only. Master Replicas is up hundreds % in price due to demand, and I figure their quality would be dodgy anyway.

Am I missing any alternatives? Parks says 12 weeks, though this thread says it can be longer, but I'm fine with a wait as long as I eventually get a quality product.

Roman is doing a Graflex replica run ATM... Said it should be ready around June. Could be an option for you depending on your preferences...

More info here

Some facts/differences
  • Romans is just a graflex replica... you still would need to source and install additional parts depending on specific saber... (Roy @ http://wannawanga.com/shop/ is a respected source)
  • Parks/Korabanth 2.0 looks to include parts for all configurations to swap and change as needed (this is different than the Parks v1 ESB graflex I believe)
  • Don't think Romans will be blade compatible but might be???? I generally don't care about blades... sorry can't remember
  • Romans replica will be about $200 (part packages are about $50 at roys)

I think it comes down to a few things.... Romans will probably be more authentic since it's technically isn't a saber but a graflex replica (he said it could even be used in a vintage camera). Yet you would have to install the extra parts so quality will depend on our craftsmanship and effort.

The Korabanth/Parks 2.0: Cheaper and comes with all parts to make all saber versions with little effort.. built for internals and blade... accuracy is reduced and reflects this but it still doesn't appear to be "cheap" looking.

The Parks v1 ESB if still being offered is considered a good quality graflex replica...From what I understand better than the 2.0 but more of a replica than a blade/FX saber like the 2.0.

If you really want the 2.0 version, I'd just PM (or email) Korbanth. Due to the Chinese New Year, I think they're backordered to April.... However, Korbanth is really nice and I'm sure will address any questions you have...

Chris

Edit: his email is korbanth47@gmail.com

Guys, what are the "tells" on the Parks V1 Graflex? I just bought a "Genuine Graflex 3 Cell " from a guy on Etsy. He states that it's a real genuine Graflex. But the more that I look at his pictures, I'm thinking its a replica. Of course I don't have it in hand yet and the guy on Etsy isn't returning my emails and won't answer his phone.

etsy1_zpshlo4qjis.jpg

etsy%202_zpstemssdrd.jpg

Guys, what are the "tells" on the Parks V1 Graflex? I just bought a "Genuine Graflex 3 Cell " from a guy on Etsy. He states that it's a real genuine Graflex. But the more that I look at his pictures, I'm thinking its a replica. Of course I don't have it in hand yet and the guy on Etsy isn't returning my emails and won't answer his phone.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/jamcclureuk/rpf/etsy1_zpshlo4qjis.jpg
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/jamcclureuk/rpf/etsy 2_zpstemssdrd.jpg

I'm seeing a genuine flash, the easiest tell would be the screw over the glass-eye, it sinks nicely into the body, whereas a parks sits on top, Iet me take a picture of my parks so you can notice, also the brass pins in a parks have ring sleeves which are from the most recent Vintage Graflex flashes, and yours has smooth straight pins which is of the first vintage versions, there are no reproductions at the moment that do the straight pins that i'm aware of, in the meantime check out this thread.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

I noticed that guy on Etsy and to me it just screams rip off. Most of the pics and descriptions of his items are lifted right off of Parkssabers. No reviews, almost no sales. Very sketchy. Personally I would avoid it like the plague. Oh and a vintage Graflex is not made out of aircraft aluminum...

I will keep you posted. If it doesn't arrive or isn't as described, I will return it for a refund. If that doesn't work, I can always call the credit card company.

I'm seeing a genuine flash, the easiest tell would be the screw over the glass-eye, it sinks nicely into the body, whereas a parks sits on top, Iet me take a picture of my parks so you can notice, also the brass pins in a parks have ring sleeves which are from the most recent Vintage Graflex flashes, and yours has smooth straight pins which is of the first vintage versions, there are no reproductions at the moment that do the straight pins that i'm aware of, in the meantime check out this thread.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

Yeah, he's got a beat up Heiland based lightsaber hilt for sale too. It's clearly old and scratched up...and advertised as aircraft grade aluminum too which I'm sure it isn't.

I will keep you posted. If it doesn't arrive or isn't as described, I will return it for a refund. If that doesn't work, I can always call the credit card company.

One thing I noticed until now is that one picture of the flash is converted and the other is not, he should post pictures of the actual item and not found ones, you should definetely try eBay, it's more safe :wacko

I wouldn't do, it... He's already not responding to simple questions regarding authenticity. It doesn't sound like he even has one in his possession at all. Red flags all over this one......

Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful.

I just got back from the dentist, however, and was told I need a root canal. I don't have dental insurance, so bye-bye lightsaber :cry

I wouldn't do, it... He's already not responding to simple questions regarding authenticity. It doesn't sound like he even has one in his possession at all. Red flags all over this one......

Yeah, I am wishing I hadn't purchased it. The guy won't answer his phone or messages via Etsy, Facebook, or his own website. Luckily I used my American Express and they will give me my money back in a heart beat. If it's not here next week I will escalate.

So I ordered two MPP Clamps from park on February 5th... Got them in the mail today. Not going to lie, I was hesitant to order from him, but since TCCS was out, I figured I could wait a few weeks for him to send them since he quoted my 8-12 weeks. Very happy with the final product!

Has anybody ordered any replacement V1 glass eyes to use with their 2.0s? I've emailed Jeff a couple of times to see if he has any in stock and no reply yet (which is not unusual I believe). Just leery to order a $10 part with $20 shipping if it's going to take months to get it if at all.

Edit:

Got a response from Jeff. He does indeed have V1 glass eyes in stock. Thanks, Jeff. :)

Last edited:
I ordered on Nov 1, 2015. 17 weeks and counting. Haven't heard a word back when I politely inquired about status or a ship date at 12, 14 and 16 weeks.

I'm not very impressed.

I ordered on Nov 1, 2015. 17 weeks and counting. Haven't heard a word back when I politely inquired about status or a ship date at 12, 14 and 16 weeks.

I'm not very impressed.

That's not an uncommon problem with him. Don't get me wrong, he's done great work over the years, but this site has had many example threads of what happens when you order from him. It's pretty much an at your own risk decision. Hopefully he can respond and clear things up with you and his other customers!

I used to order from him often backin the mid to late nineties .A couple months ago I wanted to order something and when I called and left a voicemail,then emailed him 3 times ,all over a 3 week period, I didn't get a single response. I won't beg anyone to take my money.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back