Wall mounted Hero TIE and Red 5

Fett_Ish

Sr Member
I just finished re-painting Red-5 ( she needs new wings,but I haven't quite sorted how Im gonna build them, was hoping to purchase the new set by Moffeaton, but was told its a no go-punches sand-) and cutting up Koolshade I've had for about 5 years for my TIE. This is the back wall to my home theatre, the doors lead to my home office/hobby room. I have a Studio scale y-wing and Deago Falcon on the bench that will also be wall mounted. Hopefully I can find a X-1 to round out my fighter collection, so if anyone knows where one is available! Its just the 1 pic, if ya want more please speak up! Oh, TIE wings are held on with very strong magnets as this was originally a standard TIE with solid wings and an acrylic/resin "mount". The 'Bluescreen" is my salute to the old ways.... TIE and X.jpg

Despite my best efforts,they are bending and twisting, some of the cannon mounts have broken during a move and I'd like to have the undercut in the wings insides. Its a want rather than a need, but so is our whole hobby! In the end I'll probably just super glue stuff together and grumble every time I look at it.:$
Why does Red 5 need new wings?

It is the 3.5 I believe. I built it a few years back. Great kit. Would buy again, would buy a V4, basically I would buy anything that M. Salzo casts. Any problems I have with this kit are not issues of design or production.

Derp! How about a closer shot of each? Yessir maxhebus, thankfully they open into the office, but I'm planning on putting a false bookcase door as to hide my office entirely. IMG_1651.JPGIMG_1683.JPG I need to contact moffeaton about some TIE decals (and Falcon for that matter),but I'm guessing he's pretty busy with the next version of the Salzo kit, which should be pretty sweet.
Red 5 was a partial repaint. I found that having the original paint not completely obliterated added some layering. Also I actually used my airbrush for weathering which was 'exciting'!

Great looking X-wing. As far as the wings bending, I've heard of people straightening warped resin by submerging the parts in boiling water for a few seconds then applying gentle pressure to straighten until it cools. I've never actually tried this but it seems like it should work. Might be worth a shot.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back