ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I had no issues using the page on the website - perhaps a direct 'shipping updates' link on the front page as well. IIRC, it was main page, FAQ, in the FAQ were the links to the update pages.

Maybe put the updates in a back end database so you can reference them in an overall and in each product page. The updates list is nice, but, if i wanna check the status of the TIe Fighter pilot (for example) I should also be able to do that off that product's page.

As far as web site/email goes. I guess i prefer website with a reliable location so it's easy to refer to. I like the emails as well and frankly, both isn't a bad idea. It captures those who don't like checking sites and those who don't.

This actually brings up a really good point that we have struggled with. We tried Facebook as a medium to deliver updates but found that it was fleeting. I tried a little bit here, but even that is fleeting . We think the website is the way to go , but in the end don';t know if anyone is actually reading the update site because we still field a ton of questions regarding updates. So, what is the best way ? Do you all check the site or would you prefer a direct email with current changes or only when a sharp change occurs ? Your input would be supremely appreciated ...perhaps this needs its own thread..

This is why you guys are gonna be fine. Once you finish working out the kinks Anovos will reign supreme,....I hope :)

Yeah guys, it's had some problems but at least they are delivering product and they come hear and take the fire.

Oh, btw unlike others who show up to show off product and answer one or two select question while ignoring most. Got Maul is taking the fire on them all so give him a break.

Do you remember the early costume offerings.

Okay the update is not well marked on the page. It needs to be big, like Banner Big.

Your online chat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it also needs to be big.

Payment plan option needs to be big!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like websites that are simple with large big click spots.

Also bring back the Fleet trooper or at least offer the Helmet and boxes that will turn the black Imperial Officer into the Imperial Fleet trooper.

I am down for the OT Stormy kit, Deluxe TFA Stormy helmet and about to Pre-order the Kylo helmet and none could be done without the payment.

- - - Updated - - -

A regularly update list emailed to all customers would be awesome.

Anovos has posted new pictures of the Han Solo rig and I'm happy to see a darker brown leather being used for it.

SolosRig.png

Just got the shipping notice for the Droid Caller - Improvement was when I checked the tracking number it has actually shipped, All previous notices took about a week for the tracking to actually show movement. Glad to see that change hope it continues - Review of the Droid call when it gets here next week!

I recieved the a shipping notice today as well, for the Droid Caller. I'm hoping that means good news for all those with the Solo Holster on order.

This actually brings up a really good point that we have struggled with. We tried Facebook as a medium to deliver updates but found that it was fleeting. I tried a little bit here, but even that is fleeting . We think the website is the way to go , but in the end don';t know if anyone is actually reading the update site because we still field a ton of questions regarding updates. So, what is the best way ? Do you all check the site or would you prefer a direct email with current changes or only when a sharp change occurs ? Your input would be supremely appreciated ...perhaps this needs its own thread..

I like being able to go to the site and check the update list, the email list was some timey... Sometimes I would get it and sometimes I would not. I am still pulling for Anovos and hope whatever problems they have ran into were all lessons learned. And I am looking forward to the day when my orders arrive( as we all are).

Anovos has posted new pictures of the Han Solo rig and I'm happy to see a darker brown leather being used for it.

View attachment 666246

No big news here

On Aug 15, 2015.. over a year ago...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=212164&page=39

The good news on the belt rig is that they are on US soil being packaged for shipment. The end is very near on this project.

All they did was dust off one And put a recently received droid caller next to it. That droid caller represents the progress they made in over 13 months.

Why did ANOVOS remove the "Updates" page with the latest information and replace it with the "Release Calendar" which has all the outdated information?

I'm more in the dark now than I was a week ago.

Last edited:
Why did ANOVOS remove the "Updates" page with the latest information with the "Release Calendar" which has all the outdated information?

Anovos said this on their Facebook page in answer to a question regarding it stating Vader as Q3

the Release Calendar is being modified at this time. Premier Vader is still a Q4 item, so it looks like the calendar is giving false information (no surprise there)

Anovos would rather do things the easy half-ass way rather than taking the time to do what needs to be done. Such as emailing those who pre-order items of any delays or making changes to each item's page to reflect new delivery estimates. However, they should just change all their delivery estimates to say, "Your guess is as good as ours because that's what we have been going all along."

Here is some advice from Anovos: Take your profits or get a loan (like every other legitimate business) and fund your items going into production. When you get to the point where items are about to finish manufacturing, testing, packaging... THEN put them up for pre-sales.

Here is why I do not think they do that.

They suck people in early with low prices. However the required time and additional delays for manufacturing, storing, possible upgrades/modifications/redesigns, personnel costs, advertisement, prototyping, convention travel and other related costs cuts into their profits for that item to the point where they no longer can make money on that item. Therefore they have to ask for pre-orders on other items that do not yet exist in order to get past orders made and customers happy (or just not as mad as they could get). This is fine if you are one the early side of the product ordering fiasco. But if they keep this type of business practice going, the problem is that it will ultimately fall apart. So if you were one of the unlucky ones to order a product at the end, you will be left out in the cold...

...Ever heard of Bernie Madoff?

@Gotmaul

Can you please explain why, after all this conversation, Anovos pulled their detailed updates page and replaced it with that vague, inaccurate release calendar? It feels like a slap in the face after all the communication on proper updates that I've seen in this thread.

They suck people in early with low prices.

Except not even that any more - tiered pricing is now an ex-parrot, replaced with installment payments. That being the case, and with Anovos admitting upfront that products are a minimum of 1 year out probably more, I just can't see any compelling reason to pre-order. If they've got enough product about to go up as available on demand they should be okay. If not...well, that's a potentially very frightening situation on their books.

Anovos admitting upfront that products are a minimum of 1 year out probably more, I just can't see any compelling reason to pre-order.

Well yes, they giving their latest release (FO armor) a year ETA but they also recently put out the Rey outfit and they are saying Q1 2017, that is less than a year.

IMHO. Based on Anovos track record, I have a hard time believing one year. Sorry, but their word at this point mean nothing to me.

From my point of view and personal experience, I agree. There is no compelling reason to pre-order. But for others who are really not aware of Anovos and these outstanding issues, they are compelled in pre-ordering so they can get the item before it is "sold out" as many of the other items are marked. So they order thinking that yes, there may be a few months or even a year wait, but they will get them in the time posted.

ANOVOS customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything they say (email or chat, doesn't seem to matter) is always a vague as possible, and feels SO scripted.

"You suck." "Thank you sir, have a nice day." is what it feels like. I'd just like some straight answers on shipping. Still not sure why they seem to be charging sales tax in so many states, they're only supposed to do so if they have a physical presence in the state... so either it's BS or, well, that's where all of our money is going.

I'd just like some straight answers on shipping..

I messaged with the online support earlier this week, and I actually found them to be pretty straightforward on the shipping question. I mean, I didn't like the ANSWER they gave, but they were honest that, yes, shipping to Canada sucks (the FO trooper bucket which had 50% coupons this week was significantly more expensive to ship than the whole OT TK at the begining of the year - wtf?) and they're trying to find an alternative.

After reading through this thread I'm glad I got my refund for a few items a couple years back. Other than the luke Bespin and ABS FO trooper helmet; has anything else shipped out? I looked over the website for the first time in quite awhile and am still surprised at the sheer amount of stuff all up for pre-order.

I messaged with the online support earlier this week, and I actually found them to be pretty straightforward on the shipping question. I mean, I didn't like the ANSWER they gave, but they were honest that, yes, shipping to Canada sucks (the FO trooper bucket which had 50% coupons this week was significantly more expensive to ship than the whole OT TK at the begining of the year - wtf?) and they're trying to find an alternative.

My experience STARTED that way, but definitely didn't finish that way.

I asked them with 10 days before the deadline if I could get a refund on my premier FO trooper helmet to get the FO armor set. They said sure. Only thing was I didn't get my money until they day they ended the pre-sale. I've asked multiple times if i could still do it, and i've heard nothing. Now the standard set is out and unless the boots and softgood are really a thousand bucks, seems like a much better deal.

Why did ANOVOS remove the "Updates" page with the latest information and replace it with the "Release Calendar" which has all the outdated information?

It was more a technical issue. I've taken what you've all suggested here back to the team to discuss much more effective ways of communicating. The key take away here is that this page is not nearly as effective as we thought it would be. So for now, we will be making a few changes to it and shifting to a more direct email communication to the people who have purchased.

@Gotmaul

Can you please explain why, after all this conversation, Anovos pulled their detailed updates page and replaced it with that vague, inaccurate release calendar? It feels like a slap in the face after all the communication on proper updates that I've seen in this thread.

As I said before, it is more a technical issue as we are going to be phasing this out and moving to a more direct form of update communications via email.

My experience STARTED that way, but definitely didn't finish that way.

I asked them with 10 days before the deadline if I could get a refund on my premier FO trooper helmet to get the FO armor set. They said sure. Only thing was I didn't get my money until they day they ended the pre-sale. I've asked multiple times if i could still do it, and i've heard nothing. Now the standard set is out and unless the boots and softgood are really a thousand bucks, seems like a much better deal.

Keep in mind that the premium set had a Premium fiberglass helmet whereas this kit has an a standard helmet. That's a few hundred dollars difference. IF you need help with your transaction, email me direct : joe@anovos.com

ANOVOS customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything they say (email or chat, doesn't seem to matter) is always a vague as possible, and feels SO scripted.

"You suck." "Thank you sir, have a nice day." is what it feels like. I'd just like some straight answers on shipping. Still not sure why they seem to be charging sales tax in so many states, they're only supposed to do so if they have a physical presence in the state... so either it's BS or, well, that's where all of our money is going.

We charge sales tax in the states we have an employee and thus had to establish a sales nexus.

Except not even that any more - tiered pricing is now an ex-parrot, replaced with installment payments. That being the case, and with Anovos admitting upfront that products are a minimum of 1 year out probably more, I just can't see any compelling reason to pre-order. If they've got enough product about to go up as available on demand they should be okay. If not...well, that's a potentially very frightening situation on their books.

Keep in mind that we order only to demand - so once product arrives, its usually all spoken for as we rarely take inventory. So, sell out is a real threat. As far as it taking one year, that's about as accurate as we can get after observations from the TK kit edition of 2015.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back