DeAgostini 1:18 X-Wing

Man, I really want to take the plunge on this one. However I have never done one of these subscription builds before. Just the thought of only being able to do a few pieces at a time and then just having to put it all up until the next issue comes in sounds infuriating.

How long after the Falcon was launched was it before they offered the entire kit?

Never, as far as I can tell. If you tried to order the entire kit, they would ship what they had but there would be a few packs left back-ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s really paradoxical, is I only have half of one. How many people would knowingly pay retail for 1/2 of a model kit?

The whole subscription idea seemed high risk to me. But I figured I just didn’t know how it’s done nowadays. But I did take the precaution of waiting until they actually made all the parts for a full kit. And then I selected the accelerated program - in case it somehow might fall apart inside of two more years. Guessing now I should have gone with the gut in the first place and just said no.

Certainly can’t see doing it again with another model. Not at this point.

I don't quite understand your post. Why do you only have half a kit?

Never, as far as I can tell. If you tried to order the entire kit, they would ship what they had but there would be a few packs left back-ordered.

Again, not quite clear. DeAgo did offer the full kit, and it seems (in the U.S.) it was right around the time the first subscriptions were reaching the end. And then they had discounts a few times, maybe X-mas or whatever. Now, if some got kits that were incomplete and things were on back order, that may be an issue for people to consider when ordering. I didn't have the faith to wait and see if it would be offered as a full kit, before. Right now, for the MF, I wouldn't have the faith to wait for a two year subscription and would find a way to buy it outright. What really concerns me is that some people have said they were told the subscription includes language that DeAgo is not obligated to complete the subscription--they just need to deliver for what they charge you for and/or refund for anything they don't deliver. That's enough to scare me out of any other subscription.
Mike Todd

0728F715-9A08-4905-8EDC-345B78361385.jpeg
Subscription started today in Germany. Just grab a copy of issue 1 from my newsagent.

Hi,
All subscriptions will always be fulfilled. It's a 2-year subscription to help modellers spread the cost. The full kit comes available after all 25 packs have been received by subscribers.
Thanks!

Man, I really want to take the plunge on this one. However I have never done one of these subscription builds before. Just the thought of only being able to do a few pieces at a time and then just having to put it all up until the next issue comes in sounds infuriating.

How long after the Falcon was launched was it before they offered the entire kit?

IIRC it was about two years after the fully fledged offering. I was only skepetcal as Ive seen the pay to play things at magazine stands in Europe for years.

I did the MF from Deago and stored the packets until I had everything. This time, I will build as I go. From what has been presented, the MF was a beast compared to this. Im gonna agree with this comparison.

Wait vs build as you go, both have their ups and down. With a smaller subscription Im going with a build as you go. And by smaller I talking about less pieces and less square footage taking up your house.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
All subscriptions will always be fulfilled. It's a 2-year subscription to help modellers spread the cost. The full kit comes available after all 25 packs have been received by subscribers.
Thanks!

That is a very welcome promise. Are all packs now available for shipping to subscribers once again?

So I’m already signed up. but is it just me or does the proportion of the whole front look short and stubby. Studio scale vs deago 5441C4F0-B956-41EF-8DCC-290F83442923.jpeg4F658DCB-6212-45FD-9830-ACACBB4E91D3.jpeg

I think this is because of the way the photo is taken. A part of the fuselage of deAgostini X-Wing looks like it is a part of canopy, making the rest look shorter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I don’t know.. I know that the hasbro one lacks a lot of detail but it has a good shape but the deago is easily an inch shorter on the front. It doesn’t sound like much but seems drastically short in scale.. 9969619D-0E4F-43A1-9A2E-7F1FF39DA705.jpeg

I don’t know.. I know that the hasbro one lacks a lot of detail but it has a good shape but the deago is easily an inch shorter on the front. It doesn’t sound like much but seems drastically short in scale.. View attachment 838796

Is that Deago blueprint from the ‘ trial ‘ run , or from what is the actual build ? ... remember the discrepancies of the MF parts from trial to actual run . :confused

Last edited:
I found those images online. I’m betting it was came from the trial issues though. It was just a good representation of what I was talking about.

I don’t know.. I know that the hasbro one lacks a lot of detail but it has a good shape but the deago is easily an inch shorter on the front. It doesn’t sound like much but seems drastically short in scale.. View attachment 838796

This Picture is from the Trial run.
I compared the Hasbro model with the official blueprint today and the dimensions/shape match quite nicely.

Hard to take Pictures coz of perspective.
DSC_0307.JPG
DSC_0312.JPG

Having the Falcon - I can say that its darn awesome... a few very nit-picky flaws but really...

as for the comment on other items perhaps not being done due to a vocal minority... screw them. That being said I prefer my models studio scale when its a "reasonable size" nothing too much larger than the Falcon I'd say ... just not enough room.

As for the X-wing announced - at a studio scale with the movable and lighting features planned I'd have gladly gotten in for $1000. at $1500 for (another) X-wing its pushing it for me... I'l likely do it, but its not a no-brainer for me.

Jedi Dade

Didn't see this video posted, Not even sure it's allowed as he is banned here?

Edit, Never mind, Just saw this posted back a page.
Oh well, I'll just leave it here anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back