Show your custom Lightsabers!

And another.... :)

I call this one The Excelsior because it was a great experiment. (Trekkie nerd joke)

I wanted to test a new way to extend a two cell, I wanted to practice tapping out holes for some Luke V2 parts, and I wanted to see how my cheap solution to the grand Graflex clamp shortage would look...

excelsior1.jpg
excelsior2.jpg
excelsior3.jpg
excelsior4.jpg

So ive been inspired to build my own custom saber. Using a aluminum base to a patio umbrella as my saber body. My shroud is a Heliand leftover that ive sanded the paint off of. My emitter is part of a hard drive and brass plumbing parts.trying to decide how the emitter looks with the metal tire cap. Also trying to decide what clamp to use here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    971.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    973.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    784.9 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    829.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
agree on the valve.

clamp wise-- I'd say it depends on how weathered you want the saber to look...

cool start for sure!

Yeah the tire valve was just there cause I thought it needed more. The first clamp isnt really a clamp. Just a peice that slides over the body of the saber. I think its a parks. Its a leftover from a saber i bought then stripped down for parts. Need to find a peice to cap off the bottom. Then figure out some buttons and grips. Dont want to over do it. Like the way people are using metal for the grips.

I am partial to the graflex clamp. I weatherd it way too much plus snapped off the lever.I saw on roys site that he has thin metal covers for the clamp to match the TFA look. May pick up one and find something to use as a lever. Also have a Obi style pommel i was thinking of using but not really sure about mixing styles. Trying to keep the build more flashgun looking

The clamp covers are great. On the last saber I posted I used one over a cheap 3D printed graflex replica clamp and it worked great and looks awesome.

Omg. I just realized that it was just a clamp cover on your saber. I might have to pick up a few for myself.... Thanks SethS

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea! Have you tried foil tape? Used for hvac vents? Ive seen Adam Savage do great things with it like covering a wooden sword with it and it looked fantastic!

I tried foil tape on a 3D printed clamp from my Valcrow Obi-Wan lightsabers but I really lacked the patience and skill to make it look good. (I'm the guy who can't get a screen protector on his phone without bubbles).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back