STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

boy its going to be a long summer without rebels. my friend messaged me this morning, did anyone else hear that rumor is season 3 is last season???

...did anyone else hear that rumor is season 3 is last season???
Yes, this was discussed upthread a week ago. If it's true, season three will lead up to Rogue One and the beginning of the Original Trilogy timeline. But there have allegedly also been comments about a fourth season, so who knows?

That's interesting. Hadn't thought about the crystal. The 4 sides of the thing are all the same side. I went through the episode a couple times trying to verify the bottom is the same shape - it is.

I'm seeing the bottom as a different shape, only in that it's missing a few triangles at one corner and possibly the etching details.

pOPfq9u.png

All of the images I've seen show it to be four sided (not including the bottom/base).

I'll post some screencaps, that I find that show the base / bottom being 3 sided.

It's a tetrahedron, 4 triangular faces including the bottom. Here's a quick attempt at visualizing the shapes:

EDIT: ...and some of the external detailing:

Sith Holocron 4b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that came out amazing!!!

In that image, though, you can see the side on the left of the bottom has the fatter edge that the lower faces of the top have. Additionally, you can see the corner o nthe right side is bigger than the corner just above it on the front face. That's what i'm saying about the corner's not evenly lining up.

You can't see the other holes on the corner on the right - my guess is they're there and blocked by the sides behind it being the same color. The base window has the same pattern which indicates the window size is likely the same.

In that image, though, you can see the side on the left of the bottom has the fatter edge that the lower faces of the top have. Additionally, you can see the corner o nthe right side is bigger than the corner just above it on the front face. That's what i'm saying about the corner's not evenly lining up.

that sounds right, they don't evenly line up because they more or less duplicated one of the sides to use for the bottom. Rotating this model gives pretty similar results.

Sith Holocron tilted3.jpg

You can't see the other holes on the corner on the right - my guess is they're there and blocked by the sides behind it being the same color. The base window has the same pattern which indicates the window size is likely the same.

That could be the case, and there could be other models they used with higher detail, but that's not what I'm seeing when watching that particular scene. And none of the etching seems to be visible in that long shot. It would be cool to see the show in 4K.

That could be the case, and there could be other models they used with higher detail, but that's not what I'm seeing when watching that particular scene. And none of the etching seems to be visible in that long shot. It would be cool to see the show in 4K.

That would make sense since more detail = more render time, more render time = more money. It's not uncommon for effects and animation studios to use lower polygon and detailed in scenes where you won't notice the difference to save on render time. In this case they probably use a model with none of the etching details or etching that's just a flat texture map, lowered the settings on the red parts so that while translucent it's not reflecting and refracting like it would in a close up shot.

The amount of detail shown on that holocron could increase 10 fold and it wouldn't have much impact, if any, on the render time. The only thing that'd increase the render time, really, is upping the reflection and reflection depth massively, or high end GI. Outside of that, they're not really using any techniques that would hammer render time.

For those of you in the UK:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/14/disneylife-marvel-star-wars-rebels/

Disney's streaming app gets Marvel and 'Star Wars' cartoons[/h]To cater for fans who don't want to purchase digital downloads or Blu-rays, Disney launched its own streaming service called DisneyLife. For £10 a month, UK subscribers can watch a huge selection of Disney movies and TV shows, stream music and download books and apps. However, since its debut in November, the service has yet to include anything from the company's other big subsidiaries, like Marvel and Lucasfilm. Luckily, that's set to change on April 18th, when DisneyLife becomes home to Star Wars Rebels and a handful of animated Marvel book and animated shows.

Disney will kick things off with Avengers Assemble, Hulk, Agents of S.M.A.S.H and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons. Star Wars Rebels, if you're not aware, is an animated series that chronicles the events between Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope (and aligns with the upcoming film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story). Their inclusion should be welcome, particularly as subscribers can already watch a collection of Marvel content on Netflix and Amazon Video.

i am hearing rumors that season 3 is the last season has anyone else read this? this was told to me by a worker at my local comic book store. i googled and didnt see anything about it yet

aawwww this saddens me...

The good news is those same "rumors" say they already have the next animated series planned. Dave Filoni and that group is 2/2 for me so I'm excited for what is next. Actually, it would be cool if it had something to do with events between RotJ and TFA although I think Lego is tackling that also.

i wonder what he has in the works. it just saddens me because I can see so much more with this group of characters. why bring back all these characters only to end it so soon?

hopefully he brought them back to include them into the next project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe too early for speculation - BUT!:

Wouldn't it be fun to have a continuation of Rebels set DURING the OT, post-ANH?
The continued adventures of Old Man Rex, with a new crew of Alliance fighters, culminating in his side of the Battle of Endor?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back