Has anyone used Cast magic powders with Silicone???

Anubis

Not sure if I've put this in the correct place or not as I'm not sure where it belongs etc.....

I've just bought some Cast magic Silver Bullet casting powder with the intention of mixing this with silicone IE Tinsel20 and having spoken to the supplier before I bought the Cast magic powder he told me it could be mixed with the Silicone I am using etc. Since then I have read that you can't use casting powders (Cast Magic) with Silicone or so this person thinks?? I just want to varify that can it be used with silicones or not guys.....I've looked on the suppliers website for technical support/help and it doesn't mention anything about this powder for uses with silicone etc????

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here as the silicone has to be pigmented either a gun metal or silver in colour as this is not an option for my project.

If anyone has any advice with the above it would be most appreciated!!!

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
What percentage of powder willl you be adding to the silicone?

I would suggest doing a two quick tests using firstly a five percent to ninety five percent silicone. If that works.. Good
If not, try a one percent ratio.

Both will probably work, but the final look might not be what you intend though.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Hi Paul,
What percentage of powder willl you be adding to the silicone?

I would suggest doing a two quick tests using firstly a five percent to ninety five percent silicone. If that works.. Good
If not, try a one percent ratio.

Both will probably work, but the final look might not be what you intend though.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice Chef....and will take your advice and do a quick test cast as soon as the rest of the materials arrive etc.You know me on the I.L here in the UK.:D

Yes. they will work just fine in your silicone. we use it all the time. A quick tip ..cast it in black ..add the pigment to your paint system ..you will get a great effect ( bolder metal color) and will use a fraction of the pigment.

Yes. they will work just fine in your silicone. we use it all the time. A quick tip ..cast it in black ..add the pigment to your paint system ..you will get a great effect ( bolder metal color) and will use a fraction of the pigment.

Sincere thanks for all your help with this, Greatly appreciated!!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back