Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Gang,

I have no intention of seeing EP 9 and I'm as die hard as the rest of you. With that being said, what if they bring Luke back to life through a flash back scene where we see him flight Kylo and the Knights of Wren? And he kicks BUTT! We see how truly powerful Luke has become but it is that very power that ultimately defeats Luke himself? Maybe it was Luke who accidentally kills some of his students trying to, in fact, save them. He defeats Kylo and his Knights but refuses to kill Kylo allowing him to escape but the guilt he feels of having been responsible for killing his students leads him to self exile...

Would this change your / my opinion?

Gang,

I have no intention of seeing EP 9 and I'm as die hard as the rest of you. With that being said, what if they bring Luke back to life through a flash back scene where we see him flight Kylo and the Knights of Wren? And he kicks BUTT! We see how truly powerful Luke has become but it is that very power that ultimately defeats Luke himself? Maybe it was Luke who accidentally kills some of his students trying to, in fact, save them. He defeats Kylo and his Knights but refuses to kill Kylo allowing him to escape but the guilt he feels of having been responsible for killing his students leads him to self exile...

IDK, Luke being back and kicking butt as a flashback just wouldnt have the same impact. His character deserved to have that while he was alive. In the end, he went out like a chump and no flash back is going to correct that. Luke as a force ghost just isn't exciting either.
I know a lot of people wouldnt agree but the only way I would be satisfied is if they somehow brought back Luke alive in 9. It would be kinda silly since he died in 8 but at this point I would be willing to forgo that silliness to get the alive Luke I have been craving to see since 1983.

Go back in time and give Rey the almanac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this! And with her winnings she can create an alternate 1985, I mean alternate Episode 8, where things turned out differently. Her winnings resulted in Canto Bight and she runs the planet???? Whattttt?

In all seriousness though I'm out. I won't be seeing 9. I don't care what they do with it.

Luke as a force ghost just isn't exciting either.

I agree. It's not exciting for me either. Primarily, because I feel that the purpose of a force ghost in the film would be to impart wisdom and other teachings to Rey. TLJ just kind of ruined that for me because Luke didn't seem to be the slightest bit interested in teaching Rey while he was alive. The only thing I might be interested in seeing is Luke haunting or at least taunting Kylo Ren.

IDK, Luke being back and kicking butt as a flashback just wouldnt have the same impact. His character deserved to have that while he was alive. In the end, he went out like a chump and no flash back is going to correct that. Luke as a force ghost just isn't exciting either.
I know a lot of people wouldnt agree but the only way I would be satisfied is if they somehow brought back Luke alive in 9. It would be kinda silly since he died in 8 but at this point I would be willing to forgo that silliness to get the alive Luke I have been craving to see since 1983.

FYI, that was george's original plan with Obi-Wan. For him to cross back over in the epic finale' to help defeat the emperor.

It saddens me to say I’m out as well, I don’t care anymore. It’s to the point now with them cgi’ing over Props I don’t even care about the Props...

Original trilogy for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gang,

Eh. I think we see how “truly powerful Luke has become” in TLJ, when he does the force projection. Luke coming back as some sort of ultra-warrior would be a significant step below that. I’ve seen this argument before, though. It seems like people think the only way to show a Jedi as “powerful” is to have them kicking *** and fighting a bunch of people at once.

As I’ve said several times recently, it reminds me of the line from Yoda: “wars not make one great.” Luke did something in TLJ that we’d never seen from any other Jedi. It must have been difficult, because it took everything he had to accomplish. What better demonstration of Luke’s power do we need?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back