Planet of the Apes Spaceship builds...

Are the reel to reel tapes part of the kit or are you scratchbuilding them? Those mics have to be a nightmare to scratchbuild.

The Reel tapes are photo etched parts and are part of the kit!

UDATE!!!1/48 Escape from the Planet of the Apes Space ship.

I airbrushed the final top coat of Gloss white to allow application of the decals, Then it will be sprayed a flat finish. You can see I masked off the Green View Port Area using the supplied Masks from our friend Lou Dalmasso at Aztec Dummy.

I cut the wood and put together another base for the model. It has also been stained. The controls for the lights, like the other build will be mounted at an angle at the rear of the base. The wires come from the rear of the ship and through the top of the base(not pictured) and are hidden from view.

I also primed the figures for BOTH spaceships and am getting ready to detail paint them...

I'm totally confused.

Why is there more than one ship?

I need to watch the film again I think......

I like the one in the water, I would put some gloss clear up the sides of the ship to represent water sloshing about.

You may have already done this but I can't really make it out in the pics

-z

I'm totally confused.

Why is there more than one ship?

I need to watch the film again I think......

I like the one in the water, I would put some gloss clear up the sides of the ship to represent water sloshing about.

You may have already done this but I can't really make it out in the pics

-z

This model is from ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES. It is a "cut" version of the original seen in the original PLANET OF THE APES. Yes I did the gloss effect on the smaller model in the water, check out the video and pics again.

Thanks

This model is from ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES. It is a "cut" version of the original seen in the original PLANET OF THE APES. Yes I did the gloss effect on the smaller model in the water, check out the video and pics again.

Thanks

ahhhh right, its been so long since i've seen the flicks.

nice clean work btw.

-z

ICARUS BUILD's COMPLETED...

More detail pictures of the smaller Spaceship(if anyone's interested) to follow, but here are all three models from Crow's Nest. I will also be posting pictures of the finished figures for both kits...

Again, Drew and his team did an outstanding job on the design of these models.

ESCAPE SHIP FINISHED!!!!

Ok, the trio of Planet of the Apes Spaceships are 100% complete...

Here is the Escape ship in all it's glory. The atmospheric processor Raises, the Hatch opens, the interior is fully lit, the three Ape o Nauts are finished and the view port windows have been tinted. The base was cut and stained by me. The battery back is located inside the base. The switches are mounted on the rear of the base...

Absolutely bloody amazing. I have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread. Very very well done mate and if i could pull off something like this i would be extremely proud!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back