Solo: A Star Wars Story

Speaking of Wookiees, I found the toy version of Chewie's rifle this last weekend. Check out the upside down vertical grip stuck on there...

30571374_1665017263535204_6192192599090428879_n.jpg30624771_1665017250201872_4452657977572650317_n.jpg

oMG !!! It just hit me, by closeup-examining images of the train What if, the train is a prisoner transport and the whole "job" is nothing else but freeing a large number of Wookiee slaves from the clutches of the empire ?

Based on a figure image of Chewie and Han covered in mud and Chewie with a shackle on his ankle it's more likely on that planet Mimban.

Based on a figure image of Chewie and Han covered in mud and Chewie with a shackle on his ankle it's more likely on that planet Mimban.

I can’t recall if it’s been mentioned on here before , but the planet ‘ Mimban ‘ was an Empire controlled swamp planet setting , where Luke & Leia crash landed in the alternate Star Wars sequel ‘ Splinter of the Minds Eye ‘ , by Alan Dean Foster . It’s also where a large Kaiburr Crystal was found ! ;)

Ged

Last edited:
I can’t recall if it’s been mentioned on here before , but the planet ‘ Mimban ‘ was an Empire controlled swamp planet setting , where Luke & Leia crash landed in the alternate Star Wars sequel ‘ Splinter of the Minds Eye ‘ , by Alan Dean Foster . It’s also where a large Kaiburr Crystal was found ! ;)

Ged

Correct! Man, I read that book a dozen times in 1979. When Leia ended up with Han I was DEVASTATED!

Sometimes I think it would have been healthier for Star Wars if it had not been so huge a hit and the had gone the Splinter of the Mind's Eye route instead.
In some other reality I guess.

Possible spoiler for the films McGuffin, Chewie freed on Mimban, and film timeline of events.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...s-the-coaxium-the-macguffin-of-the-movie.html

Interesting. But whatever Han and Tobias are meant to steal from that train--whether it be the Coaxium or something else--it's not for Han and Tobias, it's for that "big-shot gangster" Tobias references in the trailer. Han and Tobias steal it, deliver it to big-shot gangster, and get paid.

I mean, that's how one would expect it to happen. But, maybe Han double-crosses the big-shot gangster by keeping the Coaxium, or maybe the Coaxium is not part of the train heist, or maybe we're just seeing a lot of misdirection here in the trailer.

The Wook

Interesting. But whatever Han and Tobias are meant to steal from that train--whether it be the Coaxium or something else--it's not for Han and Tobias, it's for that "big-shot gangster" Tobias references in the trailer. Han and Tobias steal it, deliver it to big-shot gangster, and get paid.

I mean, that's how one would expect it to happen. But, maybe Han double-crosses the big-shot gangster by keeping the Coaxium, or maybe the Coaxium is not part of the train heist, or maybe we're just seeing a lot of misdirection here in the trailer.

The Wook

Yeah, that’s true but it does beg the question why is it a play part of the Falcon toy. If it is some secret material that can boost hyperdrive performance, maybe Dryden Vos wants it for his own entry in the Kessel Run and Lando and Han and Tobias double cross him as you say and use it themselves.

Yeah, that’s true but it does beg the question why is it a play part of the Falcon toy. If it is some secret material that can boost hyperdrive performance, maybe Dryden Vos wants it for his own entry in the Kessel Run and Lando and Han and Tobias double cross him as you say and use it themselves.

:eek

Oh gawd....the whole movie is gonna be tied into Han's story of the Kessel run?

Personally I would have been fine to keep the whole Kessel run a mystery left to my imagination and just assume it was amazing.

I'll never forget when I heard that line and being just as confused looking as the other characters in the film when Han told them that information.

I just saw an early shelved Millennium Falcon (not figure sized) at Target, and it seems to explain the mandible extension (has that been covered?). I don't know whether it's just a feature of the toy or reflects an actual plot point. Also, when I went to scan the price, to see if could even be sold, the product description brought up a name (at I least I think it was the ship's name) other than "Millennium Falcon", though the box was labeled as such.

You don't like all these backstories used to line the pockets of the studio heads? :lol

But there are so many stories left to tell.....
View attachment 808982

FWIW, there's a young lady ("Ewok Poet") that writes a lot of fan fiction over on the Jedi Council forum, and she has a whole slew of Ewok-centric stories. She's a fantastic writer. It's interesting how there can be subject matter you have no interest in, but if it's done well, you're on the edge of your seat. It also strikes you how there's so much talent out there that's unrealized, and then we get things like <insert disaster here>, and people are making livings off of it. :-\

This was NOT an endorsement of an Ewok movie whatsoever, BTW. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back