Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...4270113_1456752923862642383_n_zpsw0qgfo19.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Ben vs Darth ANH_zpsxmmzon1w.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1 Shared Stunt Clamp_zpsbot4efcy.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/obi2_zps87c5b427.jpg

It is said that Alec Guinness guided the speed of the rotating emitter + fx rod with his thumb and forefinger by squeezing them tighter together and/or loosening them ... I also think the windvane, and perhaps even the 'grenade' section, is more brownish than all black ... see my attached pictures for all OB1 stunt reference vs. all the nice V2's :)

Chaim

i live for this stuff, thanks for the pics chaim!!

the one clear picture of the lever shows that it wasnt a Graflex lever.

View attachment 665394

I find that PastorJedi used to sell a very nice replica of this lever, but I am not sure they are available any more.

View attachment 665396
Ah now I can remember that I saw this picture a long time ago in a ...
You are right. That lever does not look like the Graflex lever.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I think the V2 clamp lever is the same as on the OB1 stunt, it just used to be straighter. You can take one of mine (next week available again) and bend it straight. The nickel plating can probably handle a little bending.

Makes you wonder where that lever came from! I still think it might be coming from a ballpoint pen, hence the easy bending.

I think the V2 clamp lever is the same as on the OB1 stunt, it just used to be straighter. You can take one of mine (next week available again) and bend it straight. The nickel plating can probably handle a little bending.

do we have a picture of the v2 side by side the stunt? i always confuse these two

do we have a picture of the v2 side by side the stunt? i always confuse these two

V2:
af28ceb3c6630f6eba7e0f4a5bae3e8f.jpg

Stunt:
09ac5fffa45dd43bf41ec75111241f3e.jpg

Makes you wonder where that lever came from! I still think it might be coming from a ballpoint pen, hence the easy bending.

The lever I have installed right now is one of yours, and I thought about straightening it as well but its such a nice lever, that I would hate ruining it. I might just give it a shot and then buy another one from you later if I have to.

here goes nothing

Here is a quick pass at straightening Roy's lever. Used an old shirt to cover it as to jot ding it too much and a hammer to flatten it as much as possible. There are a few tricky areas like the tinny curve on the tip but I'll keep experimenting with it.
54214b6973f9430059f4fad6f3a26455.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a quick pass at straightening Roy's lever. Used an old shirt to cover it as to jot ding it too much and a hammer to flatten it as much as possible. There are a few tricky areas like the tinny curve on the tip but I'll keep experimenting with it.

Cool, but I think you should have kept the tiny curve at the end! I think it's there in Obi-wan's hands. The bending probably occurred from the dueling or pushing the lever pretty hard close. But the curved ending was probably always there!

so the stunt in prowes hands in the picture above IS NOT the v2?

" http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1862&p=40185&viewfull=1#post40185

The V2 is not the same as the hero saber. It is enitrely different in every dimension. It may look similar overall , but saying it is the same is like saying the OWK ROTS and ANH saber are the same.

The V2 is the saber prop that Mark wore on his belt through most of the filiming of ROTJ.

It is made out of one of the OWK stunt sabers that was left over from ANH. The body is made from cast aluminum. The casting was made from a wooden master made by the floor effects people for ANH.

The saber is essentially the same as the Luke Stunt saber except that the paint sceme is different and it has a knurreled knob on the back of the saber. It has a graflex clamp and a d-ring. It also has a small metal rod ineserted in the emmiter face.

More info can be found here

http://www.partsofsw.com/jedsab_2.htm

Dan Stokes "

On the Partsofsw website is says : 'This is actually a second Obi-Wan Kenobi stunt lightsaber left over from A New Hope. The other is listed as the Kenobi (ANH) / Skywalker (ROTJ) - shared stunt version.' Now which ANH OB1 stunt is seen in Dave Prowse hand is impossible for me to conclude, so you draw your own conclusions ... please and don't confuse me again ... it's happened before in the V2 thread :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
This discussion always makes my head swim but I can't stop reading it.
I still have the V2 kit, Roman clamp, sloth card and Roy's lever along with the stencils but can't make up my bloody mind which way to go yet.
Great problem to have but it drives me nuts when I look at it all on the shelf.

The V2 is not the same as the hero saber. It is enitrely different in every dimension. It may look similar overall , but saying it is the same is like saying the OWK ROTS and ANH saber are the same.

The V2 is the saber prop that Mark wore on his belt through most of the filiming of ROTJ.

It is made out of one of the OWK stunt sabers that was left over from ANH. The body is made from cast aluminum. The casting was made from a wooden master made by the floor effects people for ANH.

The saber is essentially the same as the Luke Stunt saber except that the paint sceme is different and it has a knurreled knob on the back of the saber. It has a graflex clamp and a d-ring. It also has a small metal rod ineserted in the emmiter face.

Dan Stokes "

On the Partsofsw website is says : 'This is actually a second Obi-Wan Kenobi stunt lightsaber left over from A New Hope. The other is listed as the Kenobi (ANH) / Skywalker (ROTJ) - shared stunt version.' Now which ANH OB1 stunt is seen in Dave Prowse hand is impossible for me to conclude, so you draw your own conclusions ... please and don't confuse me again ... it's happened before in the V2 thread :wacko

Chaim

I think he was asking if the one Prowse is holding became the V2. I don't think we can know for sure exactly. There were at least two stunts we know of in ANH. Both are sometimes referred to as "shared stunt" as they are seen in various behind the scene pics. Both were used as stunts in ROTJ, but one ended up getting most all the screen time and we call it the V2, while the other was repainted and had it's details touched up to be one of the sabers used in the sail barge sequences. Other stunts were fabricated for that sequence based on the look of it, and these ideas were used to create the close-up hero used for the cave and ISYHCANL scene...

...right?

CAUSE IF I AM WRONG I HAVE TO GO FIX THE TREE CHART AND I DON'T WANT TO

@SethS - You're good, man; that's pretty much the gist of it.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here:
@juajn7fernandez I think you should kept the curved lever, I see it clearly curved in the ANH production photo.

Both the V2 and Shared Stunt both started life as dueling stunts for ANH and, logically, would've looked almost identical to one another at some point. In these pictures where one is being touted as the V2 or Shared Stunt, there's only a few known for certain. One cannot depend on the clamp placements as the clamp could've been removed at any time; one cannot depend on the emitter nipple now because, apparently, that too was removable; and one cannot certainly depend on the color scheme in early photos. Hell, many of these photos are not in any decent resolution to be depended on in the first place.

The most telling thing I can think of to base any comparison between the two is off of the pommel. On either one, the orientation of the hole for the wires connecting into the motor inside the body is different in relation to the D-ring placement. On the V2, the hole is three cubes to the right of the D-ring; on the Shared Stunt, the hole is one cube to the left of the D-ring. Even then, knowing how the V2 was constructed, this may not be entirely reliable because the pommels could've been swapped at some point for any kind of reason during production.

So basically, no one really knows. Just do it the way it makes you happy and that will have to be enough because that's the closest anyone's going to ever get to them.

Last edited:

Dan Stokes "

Chaim

ok so i am correct, in ANH the saber obi wan uses that has the rod that spins is the stunt saber, which by the time we get to RoTJ it is known as the V2?!

- - - Updated - - -

I think he was asking if the one Prowse is holding became the V2. I don't think we can know for sure exactly. There were at least two stunts we know of in ANH. Both are sometimes referred to as "shared stunt" as they are seen in various behind the scene pics. Both were used as stunts in ROTJ, but one ended up getting most all the screen time and we call it the V2, while the other was repainted and had it's details touched up to be one of the sabers used in the sail barge sequences. Other stunts were fabricated for that sequence based on the look of it, and these ideas were used to create the close-up hero used for the cave and ISYHCANL scene...

...right?

CAUSE IF I AM WRONG I HAVE TO GO FIX THE TREE CHART AND I DON'T WANT TO

ok, excellent, that is what i was looking for. i knew the sorry but the 2 names threw me off. crystal clear now thank you ;)

This discussion always makes my head swim but I can't stop reading it.
I still have the V2 kit, Roman clamp, sloth card and Roy's lever along with the stencils but can't make up my bloody mind which way to go yet.
Great problem to have but it drives me nuts when I look at it all on the shelf.

You can do it! I was in your shoes... heck, last week :lol
Go for it!
Before
image.jpeg image.jpeg
After
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Trust me, you can't hurt this thing. & the real beauty of it? If you DONT like your paint job, throw some paint thinner on it & start over.
You can do it, & I wanna see pictures of it :cheers

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back