Highlander series Immortals' swords

Just scanned through "Legacy" and tried looking online but could'nt find it.

Marto "retires" their swords occassionally.

I will try and find my old Marto USA catalogs and see if it is in there

Thanks y'all! Hey ShubroProductions, I appreciate that list! Do you have the other four seasons? Some of the descriptions are a bit vague! For example, I was curious about Amanda and Rebecca's matching swords in that one flashback, and what Amanda used from then on and the list said it was a Single Ring Rapier. I would like to know who made it. Because I looked up Single ring rapier on google and put it on images and many showed up, but most were steel straight guards or the s types but none were that beautiful brass turned down engraved guards like theirs. Who made it. Also, that "Wheel pommel Englsh broadsword" she had in Lady and the Tiger looked just like a Del Tin 15th Century Italian Sword. In the one still you can even see the little edges in the wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks y'all! Hey ShubroProductions, I appreciate that list! Do you have the other four seasons? Some of the descriptions are a bit vague! For example, I was curious about Amanda and Rebecca's matching swords in that one flashback, and what Amanda used from then on and the list said it was a Single Ring Rapier. I would like to know who made it. Because I looked up Single ring rapier on google and put it on images and many showed up, but most were steel straight guards or the s types but none were that beautiful brass turned down engraved guards like theirs. Who made it. Also, that "Wheel pommel Englsh broadsword" she had in Lady and the Tiger looked just like a Del Tin 15th Century Italian Sword. In the one still you can even see the little edges in the wheel.

In the later seasons they did use some del tin blades.

Yep, Richie's new sword was awesome, the sword of the late Graham Ash. It was indeed a Del Tin, in fact a
"Del Tin Gothic Hand and a Half Sword - DT5157". I would like to have one.

And Shubroproductions, that is indeed a neat list and it helped me some with my own files I creaed for each episode. I am looking forward to seeing lists for seasons 3-6!! Anyway, I compared Season I so far with my list where I researched the swords. There were a couple of discrepencies though with what I found. For example:

In Episode 2 it says Lucas’ sword was a Confederate Cavalry Sabre, which I am fairly familiar with. It might have supposed to have been in the story or script, but the one they showed was not one, repro or original. The one they used in the show looked more like a repro Austro-Hungarian Hussars‘ Sabre (see pic): Oh hell, this site won't let you upload from your computer. Oh well. Photo bucket gives me a huge hassel everytime I use it so to hell with pics.

Also in “Mountain Men“ it describes Caleb‘s weapon as a custom battle axe. It is actually a Halberd with shortened handle (see pic). That same Halberd was used in another one or two eps.

And in Beast below it says “Custm scythe” for Ursa. I found a pic of a 17th century German scythe (on left) that is identical to it.

In Lady and the Tiger it says Zach has an Italian Rapier. But it is not any sort of rapier. He asked for an Austrian saber in the sword shop. He murdered the shopkeeper with it. The only one I could find like it on the web with the little hole in the forward tip of top of guard is a German artillery officers saber.

Yep, Richie's new sword was awesome, the sword of the late Graham Ash. It was indeed a Del Tin, in fact a
"Del Tin Gothic Hand and a Half Sword - DT5157". I would like to have one.

Actually, it's not that exact sword. I own one of the Richie swords. It was a limited Del tin blade that he made for Museum Replicas back during that time period. I believe he only made the blades, and the guards, handles, and pommels were made by museum replicas. The exact sword is no longer in production. The major difference is the size of the pommel, and the guard is flat, no slight "S" shape like the newer Del tin's have.

I have read that the changes were done by del tin because he could not get the rights back from Museum Reps for the original handle design, and they had a falling out... not sure how true that is... I have also read that he changed the design to make it more accurate to the actual museum piece it's based off of... I should give Fulvio a email or a call, I haven't talked with him in a few years.

I am thinking of starting me a collection of all the swords used by immortals based on that list and my own research, etc. When I can afford it I might just start it, one piece at a time, starting with Duncan McCleod's katana.

Sadly you are about a decade to late.

As I posted earlier Marto has retired a lot of their Swords.

It won't be impposible but it will be very hard to do and prepare to shell out some major cash

I am thinking of starting me a collection of all the swords used by immortals based on that list and my own research, etc. When I can afford it I might just start it, one piece at a time, starting with Duncan McCleod's katana.

Hey Schubroproductions, do you by any chance have access to a list of the swords for seasons 3 through 6? I would love to see them. I have completed my little quest and hwave six folders in my documents, one for each season shwoing most of the swords used. I would like to see the list for the last four seasons to compare and correct mine if need be. for example, I save pics of some that were just very close but not the actual one.
Thanks.

Super old thread but wanted to see if anyone had any good screen grabs.

Specifically.... I'm wondering if Kalas' sword from various episodes of S3 and more specifically Finale 1&2 might be the same sword that Duncan gives Richie in S4. Even though in the show it's Graham Ashe's sword... it just looks like they reused parts from Kalas' sword.

Superbackstagejack1, as Apollo said Kalas sword was a Marto Excalibur. It was used in several episodes. Here it is from my Highlander immie's swords file:
---------------------------------------------------------
*40. EXCALIBER BY MARTO (There were several models; bronce, silver, gold, dark bronze, etc. Davids seemed to be dark bronze or something.
S3Ep8: "Obsession": Used by David
S3Ep14. “Song of the Executioner: Used by Kalas: “Excalibre by Marto. Either the brass or gold handled one.
S3Ep14: Used by Timmons
S3Ep15: “Star-Crossed”: Used by Kalas
S3Ep16: "Methos": Used by Kalas
40. Excaliber by Marto.jpg

Hello Schubraproductions,
I noticed your list has for "Innocent Man" for Lucas' sword a Confederate officer's sword. I am fairly knowledgeable on Civil War swords, and I realize the script or producer might have had it as one in the story, but it is not. I got to googling and researching it and it appears to me to be a French made Chilean Cavalry sword, Ca 1870s. I would like to know where the props department got it. They are available though. I saw one on ebay a while back and one for sale on a website. I think it is neat and would love to have one. I think that same sabre was used in S6Ep8: "Justice": Used by Armondo

5. French made Chilean Cav. sabre.jpg5b. French made Chilean Cav. Sabre..jpg5c. Lucas-Chilean cav swd..jpg

Last edited:
A good place to look for some of these swords would be Kult of Athena, they have a very large selection of swords from a lot of different manufacturers, not just Depeeka/Windlass/Museum Replicas. You might even be able to find some of these swords there that are made from a high carbon steel and can actually be sharpened.

Riceball,
I love KOA. Ithink my next buy is Cold Steel's shamshire. That is what I think Haresh Clay used. It looked like Cold Steel's Shamshir with a cut down ball of the grip. It too is sold the Kult of Athena.
65a. Haresh2.jpg65b. Haresh.jpg88sts.jpg

Hello Schubraproductions,
I noticed your list has for "Innocent Man" for Lucas' sword a Confederate officer's sword. I am fairly knowledgeable on Civil War swords, and I realize the script or producer might have had it as one in the story, but it is not. I got to googling and researching it and it appears to me to be a French made Chilean Cavalry sword, Ca 1870s. I would like to know where the props department got it. They are available though. I saw one on ebay a while back and one for sale on a website. I think it is neat and would love to have one. I think that same sabre was used in S6Ep8: "Justice": Used by Armondo

View attachment 797577View attachment 797578View attachment 797579

Looking around a bit it seems that no one makes repros of this model of saber, I did, however, find a site that seems to have an original for sale for $550.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/1890-heavy-french-cavalry-sword-chilean-army-contract.aspx

There's also one on eBay right now with the current bid at $68 but still over 6 days left in the auction.

Last edited:
Superbackstagejack1, as Apollo said Kalas sword was a Marto Excalibur. It was used in several episodes. Here it is from my Highlander immie's swords file:
---------------------------------------------------------
*40. EXCALIBER BY MARTO (There were several models; bronce, silver, gold, dark bronze, etc. Davids seemed to be dark bronze or something.
S3Ep8: "Obsession": Used by David
S3Ep14. “Song of the Executioner: Used by Kalas: “Excalibre by Marto. Either the brass or gold handled one.
S3Ep14: Used by Timmons
S3Ep15: “Star-Crossed”: Used by Kalas
S3Ep16: "Methos": Used by Kalas
View attachment 797576

Some great info! Thanks. That definitely looks more like the sword he uses in many episodes but.... the sword Kalas obtains once he escapes from jail in "Finale part 1 and 2"... although it's a broadsword it is noticeably different than his original one. I was wondering if his sword or atleast parts of it were used for Richie's new sword later on. I know the series had lots of swapping of parts here and there for new looks etc.

Just a thought, I could be way off base.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back