Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Star Wars: Rian Johnson Reveals the Origins of Rey's Mirror Scene in The Last Jedi

O.K.

WTF?

He mentions Joseph Campbell and the heroes journey when talking about developing Rey's character ??? like it has ANYTHING to do with her ???

If she HAD the hero's journey JC describes it happens off screen when she was a child .

A few seconds of struggle before remembering to use the force and defeat all obstacles DOES NOT COUNT !!!

While it is nice he engages with his audience .
His explanations seem to show how shallow his writing is !

Just like the force projection thing . he got it from the Jedi book, cool !

If force projection is life threatening why is that not in the book it just says masters CAN do this !

the best quote to come out of these new movies so far is Han's .

"That's not how the Force works !"

Last edited:
Actually,Rey's journey in these first two movies follows Joseph Campbell and his A Hero's Journey and the monomyth pretty well. Her crossing the threshold, the mentor, the call to adventure, refusing the call, being awakened, the road back are all well represented in her story.

All the Baghdad Bobs in the world can't save this movie from itself. I see a lot of ministers of propaganda on boards like this. But, in real life, I know of exactly two people who saw this and didn't hate it. They didn't love it. But they didn't hate it. Without exception, including strangers where it's come up in conversation... everyone else has despised it. Straight up hated it. And, that will be this movie's enduring legacy. Period. No amount of spin will save it.

Just like the force projection thing . he got it from the Jedi book, cool !

If force projection is life threatening why is that not in the book it just says masters CAN do this !
That book is technically not canon anyone. So people can change aspects of force powers if they want to.

Actually,Rey's journey in these first two movies follows Joseph
Campbell and his A Hero's Journey and the monomyth pretty well. Her crossing the threshold, the mentor, the call to adventure, refusing the call, being awakened, the road back are all well represented in her story.

On paper !

The same as McDonald's follows my gram grams recipe for dinner . all the ingredients might be present but they make very diffrent meals !

She did not really get a call to adventure she led Finn on the adventure .

Finn and BB8 had the problem.
SHE led them to the ship and safety not the other way around.

Luke did not have all the answers for Obi- Wan ,Obi-Wan had the answers for what Luke needed to do !

What mentor ?????

she did refuse the call ✅

Awakened ?

I guess kylo said he would train her in the force and she was instantly downloaded matrix style with Emperor Palpatine's fighting style !
But She pulled the Jedi mind trick out her butt early on as well so not sure when she was awakened exactly maybe she nods back off at times and has to be reawakened ?

And what road back she has not fallen off the path in any meaningful way . her character is written to be flawless !

Which is the main problem !

Her only struggle is her coming to terms with her parents which is the ONLY part of her that feels like a real character !

My personal problem with movie is I WAS entertained from beginning to end !
But in was also disappointed !

It was like getting a skin of your teeth passing grade in school .
You passed .
But you are not proud !

Last edited:
Millennials also don't eat tide pods. (millennial by the way means you were born between 1980ish and 1995ish) I have adult friends that are super Star Wars nerds that did like the movie (like lots of other people) Maybe the damage is done, for you. I've actually only talked to one person (in person) who didn't like/hated the film. If you don't like the film, that's fine, but remember other people are allowed to like it.

And for mentor in the hero's journey how bout Han and/or Luke?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back