Indiana Jones grail diary

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m relatively young and inexperienced when it comes to custom Props. I have some MR stuff, Icons, etc. The bottom line is I mainly own licensed replicas. Of course there has never been a licensed grail diary replica from Indiana Jones and the last crusade. So I heard about 2 main people who supposedly make the best Hero grail diary. You all are probably familiar with both of them, Sarednab, and Indy Magnoli. I’ve never seen an Indy Magnoli diary for sale, but I have seen Sarednabs on eBay from time to time, he does reference magnoli’s is inserts, and other stuff from him in his description. So I just wanted to ask all you veteran member or fellow Indiana Jones fans which hero diary is superior. I know they are both quite beautiful, but ones got to be more accurate than the other.

Thanks.

Both of these people offer top-drawer diaries and therefore, if you are chasing accuracy than it becomes more subjective because it mostly comes down to personal choice and if each diary meets with your specific needs.

I know both of these vendors well and have purchased a lot of things from them, however there is another vendor to consider (and make your life more complicated) and that is demiguel.m.

I have had the privilege of owning one of his for years and because I have also worked for Lucasfilm over a period of over 25 years, I have taken his diary to Lucasfilm and Skywalker Ranch on a couple of occasions and the reaction of everyone to his diary has been nothing short of overwhelming

Apologies for adding to the confusion but in my opinion, you won't go wrong with any of these diaries. I suggest you contact each vendor and see which one seems to fit your needs (and budget) the best.

FYI, here is a review I wrote on demiguel.m's diary:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=83534

Best of luck,

MARK

I gotta recommend a diary I got from Ramsey it's got a special place in my collection as it's such a nice piece. He puts a lot of effort and care into these diaries. Definitely worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks I’ll look into all of these, though I think I’ll most likely go with Sarednabs. But all of these sound really amazing.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mark,

How can I contact demiguel.m?

Seems like his last life sign here in the forum was quite a while ago.

can you tell, how much of an investment would the demiguel.m diary be?

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mark,

How can I contact demiguel.m?

Seems like his last life sign here in the forum was quite a while ago.

can you tell, how much of an investment would the demiguel.m diary be?

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike, The last address I had for him was: demiguel.jp@gmail.com - not sure if its still current though. I can't recall what the price was (it wasn't cheap) but hopefully you get in touch and he can confirm the details with you.

Its an incredible diary and as I said, its been admired all over Lucasfilm so its well worth the $$

Good luck mate.
M

Didn’t update you guys, I ended up purchasing sarednabs, though I was tempted by serenity’s. Thanks to all of you for helping me decide, and giving me other options as well. Who knows maybe I’ll buy another diary from one of these other sellers someday.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

MichaelFuji, out of curiosity did you have any success with demiguel.m?

Thanks.

Just for those who are interested, the diary arrived today. Of course wrapped just like Indy revived it back at Barnett college. As others have said before, I cannot possibly describe the detail in this diary. The pages are weathered and worn to perfection, and it really does look like a journal that’s 90 years old. The cover is also done quite well. I have already read through it. Although it’s no story diary, it was a fun and interesting read. Even though some of the pages repeat (of course), that’s obviously not a problem as it’s a hero diary. I was also really pleased with the communication from Sarednab. He gave me constant updates on the diary, and was very helpful answering questions about his other props. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier with a prop in my life then this. I just want to thank all of you and Sarednab one more time. It’s because of you guys that I got this awesome replica.

Thanks, Matthew.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back