Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

so I got a nice delivery today

https://i.imgur.com/Ij1ixkx.jpg?1

I'm in the patterning stages of my own K coat build, and will be posting a build thread soon-ish once I have the pattern squared away and start work on mockups.

EDIT: thought i'd do a shot with my canvas samples too. I'm doing charcoal grey canvas painted forest green (as per the screen used) and waxing it rather than laminating it (only because I have no resources or knowledge to laminate it...)

https://i.imgur.com/49VMf43.jpg?1
Wow, that fur is a perfect match in my eyes. Where did you order it from?

I think you got it right, either K fixing it or the costume department making adjustments. Its not uncommon at all for costume departments to make adjustments that leave imperfections.

Well. I received the WSL coat, and I dont go to spoil the hope of the fellas.
I'm only gonna say that I'm not hapy.
If you want a real coat keep looking.

I paid 50 bucks for waxing and my coat is not. Only some fingerprints in the pockets and shades on some places. I talked with them and they claim that my coat is waxed (5% true).
The fabric is very raw and you can see without problem the holes of the cotton. Also is very thin.
I was so upset that went for a botle of barbour wax anda I think I destroyed the coat for good. The wax is very dificult to aply. In some places it look awesome, it shines like leather, but I did'nt achieve a regular coating because there is too litle wax on the can or I did'nt make it right. I have to wait 12 hours.
I'm almost criying. Believe me.

Wow… So Sorry to hear this, ONRX Drumani :cry
I know from reading your previous posts that you were VERY excited to get a really great 2049 coat, so I know your words convey great disappointment

Please try to remember that sometimes finding the Perfect piece of gear (or garment) can take some failures first before you have success…
but please try to not let it make you feel too sad; it is a disappointment, I know… but I’m sure you’ll eventually find what you seek
(and yes, I know this doesn’t help with the money that I assume you can’t get back… but again, please try not to let it upset you too much)

I also have to ask you, however:
In the interest of using your negative experience to help this community, would you be willing to take some photos of the coat (to show the problem issues) so that others Here can learn from your experience and maybe understand better what techniques or modifications to avoid?
As sad as I am for your experience, I’ll admit I am interested to see the problem issues and how the efforts to correct it went wrong

It might be a way for you to create some good, helpful information out of a BAD experience…
The choice is Yours, of course…

but either way, you have my sincere sympathies that you did not get the coat you wanted

Well. I received the WSL coat, and I dont go to spoil the hope of the fellas.
I'm only gonna say that I'm not hapy.
If you want a real coat keep looking.

Please try to remember that sometimes finding the Perfect piece of gear (or garment) can take some failures first before you have success…
but please try to not let it make you feel too sad; it is a disappointment, I know… but I’m sure you’ll eventually find what you seek
(and yes, I know this doesn’t help with the money that I assume you can’t get back… but again, please try not to let it upset you too much)

Solid advice right here. I'm definitely familiar with finally receiving a piece of clothing or cosplay that I've been excitedly waiting for, and being utterly and completely disappointed with it. It can be a hopeless and soul-crushing feeling, but try not to let it discourage you. This is a great community and there are tons of people willing to help. Research and sharing experiences are essential. The Zlurpo and Magnoli coats both look pretty amazing from what I've seen, I know they both cost a bit more than what the majority of people would typically be willing to spend on a coat, but if you're still looking for a solid K coat, it might be worth setting money aside for.

Thank you guys. Your words means a lot. I really apreciate that.
Mitch laRue I'll put some pics, but now have the coating that made myself that sadly did'nt work. I Will try to make pics in the areas without wax.
My first advice is: do not try to wax the coat unless you really know what are doing. If dont, go to a pro. I've been talking with a company today that works with barbour, hacket etcand he asked how much did you spent for the can, and how many hours of work you spent? That is 30 bucks and 4 hours of work. He told me: that's it, we fix Your ****up and the coat gets fabric finished.
The second thing I have to say aeonpulse is that you are right I borrowed some money and went to zlurpo's.
My WSL finally is most expensive.

So my Magnoli coat arrived.... I cannot describe how excited I was unpacking it.

Little description before the pictures, I was going for a wearable (not movie accurate replication).
I asked Magnoli for the following:
Black - waxed cotton
Dark Brown 'fur', like his leather coat (on his website)
subtle lettering on the back

So, it arrived. I couldn't be happier. See for yourselves.

View attachment 785417View attachment 785418View attachment 785416

Will try to post some close-ups later, and if anyone has picture requests, I will try to assist.

Your Coat has probably the best standing Collar ive laid my eyes on! did you request the collar to be higher and/or with more circumference space? really looking on buying one but this would be the first time ordering a custom made item (want to get it right :) )

Your Coat has probably the best standing Collar ive laid my eyes on! did you request the collar to be higher and/or with more circumference space? really looking on buying one but this would be the first time ordering a custom made item (want to get it right :) )

Thanks, although it's Magnoli's team who should take this credit.

I did ask for some specific measurements when ordering. However I have not gone and taken a ruler to the finished product to check on it. The darn thing just fit so well, I've barely taken it off. Wear it all over Hong Kong at the moment.

The following is what I requested when i put my order in:
Measurement for neck opening when collar is up - circumference 30inch (on the outside to leave room for the fur thickness)
Measurement for neck opening when collar is up - Height, shoulder to nose is about 6.5 inch
Try to avoid having the collar look like a funnel when up, would rather it is more straight, like a cylinder.

This was the first piece of custom clothing I have ordered on the internet and its not cheap so I was pretty nervous too. Couldn't be happier with the outcome.

EDIT: Sorry to the guys who asked for more pictures, been a little busy, will post some soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feedback? How would this wok for K's sweater? I'm still trying to find some good pants and read through the log but now that its been a couple months, what has everyone gone with?
s-l1600.jpg

That’s a very good find.

The weave is off but it does have the right reagan seams and the collar looks good too.

The average person wont know the accuracies from inaccuracies. I’d say that’s a score :thumbsup

pants I’m still not sure about. Brown or olive(?) with flat slant pockets(chino style) in front and horizontal flat pockets in the rear. Probably a slim/skinny fit depending your body build.

Last edited:
This was an ebay score I saw, Was thinking H&M but not liking the $30 price tag. Yeah, pants seem to be my only issue, Brown chinos/ olive drab I think would look best seeing as the jacket I have would look weird if everything was a little too green. Found some jeans that looked alright but still are lacking those pants look.

Agree. That is The best standing collar I´ve seen.

Wow… So Sorry to hear this, ONRX Drumani :cry
I know from reading your previous posts that you were VERY excited to get a really great 2049 coat, so I know your words convey great disappointment

I also have to ask you, however:
In the interest of using your negative experience to help this community, would you be willing to take some photos of the coat (to show the problem issues) so that others Here can learn from your experience and maybe understand better what techniques or modifications to avoid?
As sad as I am for your experience, I’ll admit I am interested to see the problem issues and how the efforts to correct it went wrong

It might be a way for you to create some good, helpful information out of a BAD experience…
The choice is Yours, of course…

but either way, you have my sincere sympathies that you did not get the coat you wanted

DSC_0147.JPG
This is the look of thge fabric before I aply the barbour wax. (To my eyes is clear that was´nt coated previously. Is Raw cotton)
DSC_0150.JPG

As I see, and as I said; the coat is very, very thin.

Now I'm going to show a couple of pics of my work after waxing.

DSC_0149.JPGDSC_0151.JPG

In the left pic you It can be seen how it looks the way the coating is not homogenic and it gets that dirty look. Stains can be watched all over the coat. In the top of the pic looks right, tho.
In the right picture it can be seen how the coating fades left to right. This is because the wax it cools every six or seven minutes and you have to wam it again. And also because is very dificult to messure the amount of wax to put in the area for spread it well.
I'm surprised the way it looks in picture, not looks that bad as it does when you have it front of your eyes. In simple words, it is not a piece of cloth you can wear.

I´ll hope this result helpful to others that are in the same situation and/or want to do their coating, specially if you are considering the WSL option.
Let´s expect that from my mistakes somebody would have a learning experience.

Hey Uridium, the collar looks great! Any idea how different your collar measurements are from the standard? Also, how did you measure the shoulder-to-nose measure for the height?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, trying to do a custom color for my jacket. I've found a pretty good option, taken directly from the image of the unfiltered coat on page 2 of Magnoli's dedicated 2049 coat thread here (https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281494&page=2), then darkened just a tad. I'd love to get some feedback about this, as I'm going for a more screen accurate color. I have to provide the color in RGB, but I'll link a website to check them below.

The website:
https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_rgb.asp

Here's the color I'm looking at, currently. I think the red and blue values should stay at 70, but if you want to adjust the green value, I'm open to suggestions.
rgb(70, 83, 70)

Many thanks

Hi everyone, trying to do a custom color for my jacket. I've found a pretty good option, taken directly from the image of the unfiltered coat on page 2 of Magnoli's dedicated 2049 coat thread here (https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281494&page=2), then darkened just a tad. I'd love to get some feedback about this, as I'm going for a more screen accurate color. I have to provide the color in RGB, but I'll link a website to check them below.

The website:
https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_rgb.asp

Here's the color I'm looking at, currently. I think the red and blue values should stay at 70, but if you want to adjust the green value, I'm open to suggestions.
rgb(70, 83, 70)

Many thanks

Im guessing your taking about the shot with Gosling and Denis outside. People keep seeing a shade of blue/ or green and i believe its because blue is just as important but not as important as the green. In My opinion 70, 83, 80 is closer to the color or if you want something darker. 60, 73, 70.

PERSONALLY, the most accurate color would be 60, 73, 70-73 but 50, 73, 73 IS CALLING MY NAME!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back