*SPOILER* TLJ - Luke's weapon in that scene

Abstrakt

Hi everyone,
I'm currently working on a Cosplay of Luke's projection during his duel on Crait, and while the costume has been completely analyzed by Dawn Bright on the Rebel Legion's forum, i can't seem to find which version of the Skywalker saber does he uses, I'm guessing it's either the one from ANH, ESB or TFA/TLJ, has it's hanged from a belt hook and not a clip like in the prequels. Do you have any idea ? Or maybe some good quality screens ?

As far as I can tell, it's actually the ESB on account of the two red buttons instead of the red button and the glass eye. Or it could simply be a TFA/TLJ in every way except for it having a second red button. Either way, it has the second red button like on the ESB.

oie_1B2afIwnIBfE.png

Holy crap!

I go back and forth. The shape says glass eye, but I've never seen one stick out that far.

Probably a trick of the light-- but it's inconclusive to me until Blue Ray or a clearer pic.

Last edited:
I vividly remember the brass eye.... I have been wrong in the past though... I’ll wait for a clearly shot. I know for a fact when it’s hanging on his belt it has the brass eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was under the impression after two viewings some features on the saber change through this sequence. I actually thought it was a homage to the variations of Luke over the years. I could easily be way overthinking it though.

Wow, you guy have great eyes. From that picture I think he could be holding a chrome toilet paper roll holder. I guess it's time for new glasses.

As far as I can tell, it's actually the ESB on account of the two red buttons instead of the red button and the glass eye. Or it could simply be a TFA/TLJ in every way except for it having a second red button. Either way, it has the second red button like on the ESB.

View attachment 784595

It absolutely for sure 100% does not have a second red button. I was looking at the saber specifically during that sequence when I watched it again on Monday at the theater. It has the same brass eye that sticks out a bit just like the porg hero. No second red button.

it absolutely for sure 100% does not have a second red button. I was looking at the saber specifically when i watched it again on monday at the theater. It has the same brass eye that sticks out a bit just like the porg hero. No second red button.

.... Or is there!?!?!?!?!?!?

F0DFCCB0-8F35-46CB-85A1-88A33B38CEF4.jpegSomebody posted this in an FB group... from TLJ BTS video. Crazy extended eye... like retention screw crazy... also, I kinda see a 2.0 beer tab...

Can Any korbanth experts point out of this is a 2.1 or 2.5 ear setup?

Anyone else think that’s a different clamp card? Looks solid too

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back