Bandai 1/48 Snow Speeder

blakeh1

Sr Member
Awesome kit. Amazing details
I used the cockpit "glass" and even it is hard to tell

The only thing missing was the red stripe around the intake? vent? whatever on the front of the speeder.
Had to hand paint that (probably could have done a better job)

I cut the grey parts off of the other decals for the red striping on the other parts.

Hand painted a few of the silver areas as well as the dark grey panels and lighter white and grey panels.

Weathered with pastels and oils

That is a wonderful build!
This is one Bandai kit I have not gotten yet that I am really interested in- now I really want one!

Quick question- are the rear 'aair brake flaps' movable on this kit or do you have to decide then build it one way of the other?

thanks everyone for looking
Richard, the air brakes are not movable. You get one of two options, a choice of one that is level and one angled downward. Same with the set on top. They are easily swapped out though as needed when you want to change around configurations and if you use decals, they give you enough for both sets of the air brakes

So far the MPC speeder is the only commercial kit that had movable parts. It would have been cool if Bandai had done that. They easily could have engineering wise

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. One of my "complains" with Bandai is the lack of movable parts indeed. I wonder why they dont do it. They have the technology for it.

Nice work!! The clear plastic window piece looks pretty cool actually. Subtle! I'd have to say, the snowspeeder kit is a personal favorite of mine.

thanks guys

Regarding the "glass", I think it really does make things look better. I understand the desire to leave the glass out when trying to duplicate the studio model look and it does make seeing the interior easier and helps with pictures, but personally I think models generally look unfinished without it

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back