Anti-Cyberman Gun

anti cyberman gun image copy jpg 417601d1419222423  1005×2605 .png

Ink grip sleeve: hawk_034.jpg

It is actually quite lucky that the Visual Effects designer has used an item that already exists for this gun! Because you've got the object in front of you, you can measure one or more features that exist on the original and the finished item and use them to work out the sizes of all the additional bits, by either re-sizing the image to full size or measuring the image and scaling appropriately. I've used these methods lots of times, find a "known item" and use it as a scaling reference.

I've got a feeling that the extra "bits" for the gun are not pre-existing "found" items that have been stuck on and painted, but have all been laser-cut, turned, 3D printed etc. specifically for it. That makes it a bit more difficult ... but also more fun!! :thumbsup This is why the scaling method I mentioned is so important - if certain parts and/or dimensions are known, everything else can be back-calculated accurately.

That looks like it would certainly do as the inner part of the barrel! If you make a casting and it turns out it's not quite the right size as a complete item, you can "cheat" by making one or two more castings and cutting them into slightly over-large segments, so when you mount them behind the other parts it will look like one single piece which is the correct diameter. I've done that with a big (1 metre diameter) hemisphere that had recessed areas in it, much easier and cheaper than buying a second smaller one to chop up!!

Any idea where I can find some dome shaped 22mm LED lights? It's for the red pieces on the very front of the barrel.

Any idea where I can find some dome shaped 22mm LED lights? It's for the red pieces on the very front of the barrel.

Couldn't find dome light's but I found 22 mm LEDS and 22 MM dome's...Evilbay...

$_12.JPG$_12 (1).JPG$_57.JPG

these dome's look better...

$_12.JPG

Last edited:
I was hoping for something a little different lol, but okay great those will work I can make them work! Thank you! c:

Either that or a regular 22mm LED light, if I can find a site for them. I know they exist I saw them once before, but I lost them lol. I just can't find any site that sells LEDs for projects. But I'm not completely sure on the ink grip sleeve, they cost way too much. If I can find plastic tulip wine glasses I'll probably use those and then use foam for the raised parts.
And it's okay I think it will be pretty cool too! c:

There's also this I could maybe use. pick-grip.jpg

Last edited:
Either that or a regular 22mm LED light, if I can find a site for them. I know they exist I saw them once before, but I lost them lol. I just can't find any site that sells LEDs for projects. But I'm not completely sure on the ink grip sleeve, they cost way too much. If I can find plastic tulip wine glasses I'll probably use those and then use foam for the raised parts.
And it's okay I think it will be pretty cool too! c:

There's also this I could maybe use. View attachment 451234

What Is that? foam tube?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back