Cthulhu Idol Build

The madness continues!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396230075.651417.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396230085.222200.jpg

Doing the weathering layer on another five.

The end is sight!

I saw the idol in the Tested podcast.

I had to track this thread down and make an RPF account just to ask: what kind of Faustian bargain have you made to be able to forge such a thing?

It's exquisite. I'm not even disappointed that I missed out because at least I can read the thread and drool over the photos and illustrations (ok maybe a lot disappointed.)

Congratulations.

Hey everybody! Sorry for the wait. I just got back from a 5 day NYC trip and was racing right before leaving to get the next 8 out the door. That didn't happen but I am finishing the final little details on those tonight and they will be heading out the door tomorrow!

Making a large run like this has been a great way to really learn the casting process. So many little variables keep coming up to learn about. It does hurt when you mess up such a large statue though. So much wasted resin that will never get the chance to turn into something cool.

Behold the next batch!

qynegyde.jpg

And the final four waiting to be prepped and primed.
maze8a3u.jpg

So close to the end...

I have a very basic knowledge of all thing Lovecraft, but reading though this thread has inspired me to start reading some. I must say the time and effort you poured into this project truly makes the quality shine. Very, very well done!

Got mine a couple of days ago, and DAMN it's cool. All the attention to detail and added coolness just make the piece incredible. Hats off Nick!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back