Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Hi Marv,
I was a little surprised when two police officers turned up at my house.
As soon as they saw my collection they realised the situation, and explained why they were there and why the kit was seized. They were only in my house for about five minutes.
They said I could try and get it back, but they didn’t hold out much hope.
I think I will ask that if it can’t be sent to me, can it be returned to Japan. That way some of the money could be refunded.

Have you heard anything? I have waited way past the three - four weeks when the Border agency said they would reply to the restoration, but I have not heard squat. I've tried to phone the number, many, many times and emailed using the address on the letter and have had no responce, can't get over how they have not even aknowledged the email I sent. Completely frustrating as the letter states they have no counter service either anywhere.

Hi,
I’ve heard nothing either.
You know, when I sent the letter, I half expected that there would be no reply, even a negative one. :angry

I have just been on the phone - at last.
Apparently my restoration was refused, and that I had appealled this was then sent on to another office to deal with - considering I've had not one single jot of correspondence from anyone this was news to me.
They are now going to send it all back to the original office then probably send a letter telling me this. On asking if 'this appeal' had any chance of overturning the decision I got a simple No! Looks like the decision was made a long time ago.

I have just been on the phone - at last.
Apparently my restoration was refused, and that I had appealled this was then sent on to another office to deal with - considering I've had not one single jot of correspondence from anyone this was news to me.
They are now going to send it all back to the original office then probably send a letter telling me this. On asking if 'this appeal' had any chance of overturning the decision I got a simple No! Looks like the decision was made a long time ago.

Just been looking at theimport law. How does the blade runner gun look like a realistic gun when it’s in its kit form of hundredsof pieces, (it doesn't). If built half of it is bright transparent orange anyway, (Ihave never seen a real gun look like this). If you were to display it in yourhouse and had friends around to look at it, would this then not constitute having gallery. (Thereare no rules about what is a gallery or not that I am aware of)

These three points according to the below import rules show that no importlaws have been broken. Are they just making up their own rules as theysee fit? Seems like it!

37 Specific defences applying to the offenceunder s. 36[/B]
1) It shall be a defence for a person chargedwith an offence under section 36 in
respect of any conduct to show that the conductwas for the purpose only of
making the imitation firearm in questionavailable for one or more of the
purposes specified in subsection (2).
2) Those purposes are—
(a) the purposes of a museum or gallery;
38 Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”[/B]
1) In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitationfirearm” means an imitation firearm
which—
(a) has an appearance that is so realistic as tomake it indistinguishable, for
all practical purposes, from a real firearm;
(3) In determining for the purposes of thissection whether an imitation firearm is
distinguishable from a real firearm—
a) the matters that must be taken into accountinclude any differences
between the size, shape and principal colour ofthe imitation firearm
and the size, shape and colour in which the realfirearm is
manufactured; and
b) the imitation is to be regarded asdistinguishable if its size, shape or
principal colour is unrealistic for a realfirearm.

Last edited:
Just been looking at theimport law. How does the blade runner gun look like a realistic gun when it’s in its kit form of hundredsof pieces, (it doesn't). If built half of it is bright transparent orange anyway, (Ihave never seen a real gun look like this). If you were to display it in yourhouse and had friends around to look at it, would this then not constitute having gallery. (Thereare no rules about what is a gallery or not that I am aware of)

These three points according to the below import rules show that no importlaws have been broken. Are they just making up their own rules as theysee fit? Seems like it!

37 Specific defences applying to the offenceunder s. 36[/B]
1) It shall be a defence for a person chargedwith an offence under section 36 in
respect of any conduct to show that the conductwas for the purpose only of
making the imitation firearm in questionavailable for one or more of the
purposes specified in subsection (2).
2) Those purposes are—
(a) the purposes of a museum or gallery;
38 Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”[/B]
1) In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitationfirearm” means an imitation firearm
which—
(a) has an appearance that is so realistic as tomake it indistinguishable, for
all practical purposes, from a real firearm;
(3) In determining for the purposes of thissection whether an imitation firearm is
distinguishable from a real firearm—
a) the matters that must be taken into accountinclude any differences
between the size, shape and principal colour ofthe imitation firearm
and the size, shape and colour in which the realfirearm is
manufactured; and
b) the imitation is to be regarded asdistinguishable if its size, shape or
principal colour is unrealistic for a realfirearm.
Thanks I think I may well have to write to them again, with these points. So unbalievably annoyed with this. I really don't think they could have even looked at it properly, and applied these points to any decision.

They probably haven't looked at it properly because they probably can't read properly...:facepalm

I hope these points do help, i wouldn't mind getting one of these blasters at some point down the line. But not if it has to come through Exeter post!

If you still have no joy, contact the Express & Echo, i'm sure they would run a story about it.

Pete

Sounds to me like it's already in some customs official's "collection".

Yep, the same happened to me last year. I ordered a Pulse Rifle from Matsuo. The PR was send and then suddenly disapeared somewhere between Chicago and Europe... Luckily, Matsuo beeing a great guy, he offered to send a second one that found his way to my home.
But, impossible to know what happened to the first one..? But who knows, it may be in some customs collection or a "private" collection somewhere.

I also have one of these and Mune told me in an email that if the blaster is returned to him he will refund minus the shipping charges.

I also have one of these and Mune told me in an email that if the blaster is returned to him he will refund minus the shipping charges.
Not sure if that can be done but certainly something worth thinking about, if there is no way to turn this round, its a lot to lose, and not an amount I can afford to either realisticly.

Here is the email as I got it from Mune :

"Thanks Christian.

I do not know if your country allows to import replica blaster even as kit.
It is upto you. We can try but if it is returned to us, I will refund after deducting shipping of round trip.

Let me know if you are still interested in it.

Mune"

I can forward it to you if needed.

It would be great to know as even though I have pointed out this inconsistency (they don't listen) I think it still sets a presidence. I think its only Tobor and myself who have been hit like this. It would also be graet to know how many actually had theirs inspected to add to this.

Just emailed Mune and it turns out that he still had a few of these kits left. In his words fewer than 10. I paypaled and bought one immediately (early birthday present for myself). Waiting for shipping confirmation and can't wait to get started on this build.

Really hope Dave has an extra steel barrel to sell from his run...

Read through this entire thread, thanks so much for the insight for how to finish this. Will probably shoot a video about this for Tested!

It's pretty incredible how many copies of this gun have sold. Racprops, Sidkit, Offworld, Tomenosuke, Rick Ross and so on. I wonder how it compares to Pulse rifles, DL-44s and Phasers in numbers.

nchan, one of the reasons I finally went ahead and got this kit was seeing the Adam blaster collection video(s) on Tested :D

This kit deserves its place in a new collections/history of the blaster video!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back