PropShop announces TFA Props!

yeah I checked my new one and cant tell. I remember speaking with the propshop guys at comic con this year and they mentioned that some of the parts were vacuumed metalized, which might be the case for the "claw" but not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could test it? Magnets?

Aluminum is non-magnetic for the most part, so a magnet won't do it. Besides tapping it, you can touch a part of the hilt you know to be metal to your lips, and then compare the coldness to that of one of the vertical pommel fins. I don't think there's any other way to test it that wouldn't damage it.

Aluminum is non-magnetic for the most part, so a magnet won't do it. Besides tapping it, you can touch a part of the hilt you know to be metal to your lips, and then compare the coldness to that of one of the vertical pommel fins. I don't think there's any other way to test it that wouldn't damage it.

So you are recommending he kiss his lightsaber???

Ah hell, I have done it for no reason so I guess it's okay.

So you are recommending he kiss his lightsaber???

Ah hell, I have done it for no reason so I guess it's okay.

It's finally happening....the day we start making out with our props

....I'm ok with this :cool

Believe it or not, I first typed "Put your lips on the shaft..." before I decided to re-type that part...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I checked my new one and cant tell. I remember speaking with the propshop guys at comic con this year and they mentioned that some of the parts were vacuumed metalized, which might be the case for the "claw" but not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could test it? Magnets?

I asked the Pawn, but I'm not sure if he has a Disney Store version, so I'll ask you as well. Can you please, assuming that you have the Disney Store version of this hilt, take a photo of them together. I want to confirm that the Disney Store version is an almost exact match in overall size, and proportion of the upper section and smaller mid-section. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the Disney version. Just the FX and fan made version as seen in pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Gabe. I think the internal parts are 3D plastic

i also agree with the internal greeblies 3d printed. my biggest concern was the actual cage. i think members are referring to them as "the fins"

I don't have the Disney version. Just the FX and fan made version as seen in pics.

No worries. I'm pretty sure I can do a photo comparison using a picture I take of the Disney Store version straight on, compared with the side views of the propshop version. Stay tuned...

I asked @the Pawn, but I'm not sure if he has a Disney Store version, so I'll ask you as well. Can you please, assuming that you have the Disney Store version of this hilt, take a photo of them together. I want to confirm that the Disney Store version is an almost exact match in overall size, and proportion of the upper section and smaller mid-section. Thanks in advance.

I don't have any other version but the propshop one. Sorry

Ok, based on my measurements of the Disney Store hilt, and the measurements by the Pawn of his hilt, here's a 1:1 comparison of Disney Store plastic hilt (LEFT) to propshop's accurate replica (RIGHT):

DS%20%20PS%20comparisonSMALL_zps1bo7cihg.jpg

Here are some comparison notes:
• The Disney Store hilt has the same diameter/thickness lower section, mid-section, and upper section as the propshop hilt
• The Disney Store hilt has an overall length of 11", while the propshop hilt is 11.5" (the extra length of the propshop hilt is due to the taller upper section)
• While the Disney Store side emitter diameters are virtually the same, the Disney Store's are shorter in length, spaning 5.25", while the propshop emitters span 6" across
• The Disney Store's upper emitter is obviously larger in diameter than the propshop emitter in order to accommodate a plastic blade

Hope this was of interest. I will be using the above observations and measurements to complete my hardware build of the KR saber hilt.

Do we have any fan made all aluminum hilts in Production? I'd like an electronic version with lights, sounds and blades!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked the Prop Shop website and it lists all props as Out of Stock. Does anyone know if they are not taking any more orders?

I just checked the Prop Shop website and it lists all props as Out of Stock. Does anyone know if they are not taking any more orders?

That's interesting, since all of the props are made-to-order. Wonder if they're having QC problems and have temporarily stopped orders... Or maybe they are so busy working on another project that the TFA replica staff had to be redirected to that. Hmmm...

On Rebelscum it has been said is a site glitch, which will be fixed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back