Mythbusters Signs!

Sheeple

I’ve been on a Mythbusters rewatch so I decided to start up a project I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now.

DEBD3009-F5DA-4B7D-BE2B-40AE32C91D1A.jpegD95CD98B-5161-466D-8A56-CF0395C4E8D1.jpegCD014B07-87BB-4153-AC9B-C9885058464F.jpeg15FE6DFD-5D82-4945-8966-C95680BB6962.jpeg

I didn’t want something heavy to hang on my wall so I’m doing all three out of foam core. The large Mythbusters sign is pretty big and measures 32” long and 8” tall and the ‘Busted’ and ‘Confirmed’ signs are a bit smaller at 24” long and 6” tall. I’m working on getting all the lettering cut out right now and sealing up the foam core. Hoping that in the next few days I can start make some welding marks around the letters with hot glue. (And yes I do realize that Mythbusters is spelled wrong. It was a late night and I’m just glad I haven’t glued it yet. :lol)

9EF81468-1C1E-4DFC-A2C2-0ECC3DDE36C0.png This is kinda the look I’m going for with the hot glue. Probably will be going a different direction with the paint job though.

Let me me know what you think! Tips, advice, and critiques are always welcome.

Is this something you may possibly offer in the Junkyard? I only ask as there have been several attempts by a few members to offer these in the past and they never came to fruition. I'd love to finally see this project happen.

There is paint that contains iron and can be oxidized, or the budget way... I heard that cinnamon makes a good rust effect if you sprinkle some on wet paint. And then you get the added benefit of a holiday air freshener!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this something you may possibly offer in the Junkyard? I only ask as there have been several attempts by a few members to offer these in the past and they never came to fruition. I'd love to finally see this project happen.

If there’s interest for them I’d definitely put them up in the junkyard. :thumbsup

They look great! The hot glue for welding is a great solution. I hope you do offer them on the JY. I'm good for one!

Thanks Adam! I’m super stoked everybody likes these! My poor hot glue gun bit the dust a few days ago so I haven’t been able to make much progress, but I have found some paint that I think is going to make these look awesome!! On another note I’m thinking I will offer some of these up on the junkyard, I’ll open an interest thread once I’m a little bit further into this so I can get all the shipping and pricing info down and also know what I’d be getting myself into. :lol But hopefully in the next few days I’ll have some more progress photos to upload!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back