Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

...... fact.jpg

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
JoeG ... Your GIF aint working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Those vagina hats were made well in advanced. So, they had them pre-made, at the ready. Hmmm, perhaps awaiting some reason, some trigger to break them out. That isnt obvious to you? How is that going in a circle?

Yeah, that didn't happen. The fact you think so is so sad it's straight up pathetic.
How do I know?

My wife made those hats. a couple a day... in the lead up. She outfitted many of her GF's for it.

There was no plan ahead. How long do you think those take to make?

a couple hours. at most.

And guess what? SHE DIDN'T MAKE A DIME.

I don't think less of people with different opinions than me.

I think less of people who are cool with denying representation or rights to people who are different than them because they don't like it.

Pretty simple. You say I'm elitist, but the only people I look down on are those who don't want certain people to have what everyone else has.

Representation in Hollywood films, even Star Wars films, helps. Sometimes the norm needs to be challenged-- like when the norm is wrong. Like say-- saying certain people couldn't vote. That was the norm in our country for a long time. Now we're somehow still fighting about who can get married or not.

If the norm is saying gay people can't get married (for an example), I personally think that norm is wrong. Are there over the top, attention-grabbing ways to challenge that norm? Sure. But two girls kissing in a video game is hardly a civil rights march.

Sometimes protest needs to be big-- but that doesn't always mean it is. If you think that any representation of it at all is suddenly intrusive, I don't know what to tell you. There is pure optics, and there is politicized intent, and many stages in between.

My point is, even if it is pure optics, you';ll still scream about it being forced and intrusive. Representation is about resetting the norm so we can see two gay people kiss and not think it's a political statement-- because sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it;s two human beings in love.

Pop culture helps define the norm. You don't get more Star Wars than pop culture or video games. If the creators of these properties have decided to help alter the norm in subtle ways (and admittedly, the droid in Solo isn't subtle) that's a progressive view I don't have an issue with.

Now if say, Kirk Cameron were controlling Star Wars and making them all about space ***** dying for our sins, yeah I'd have a problem. So I get where conservatives are coming from. I wouldn't like that rhetoric in my Star Wars, so I get why your feathers are ruffled. That still doesn't make it a conspiracy or loaded agenda. It's window dressing. an agenda would have narrative intent.

At the end of the day, politics aside, I'm always going to be on the side that doesn't try for anything for less than equal rights for everyone.

Just wanted to get that said before the mods wipe this all out;.

Repeat.

Agenda = narrative intent. Meaning, stories are presented as parables for political issues.

Deciding to market Star Wars more to an already existing young female fanbase by showcase more female characters, casting female leads, and/or slipping in "droid rights" banter does not equal an agenda.

That is just challenging the norm.

The second Star Wars pulls a Star Trek and talks about the First Order blowing up planet gay cause everybody is kissing each other, maybe then I'll hear "agenda" or "forced" as valid terms.

Crikey, you just can't help yourself! When it comes to politics, you've got chronic diarrhea of the mouth.

You should really have that looked at.

As someone who`s been on the receiving end of a shoddy, failed hit piece about derailing a thread I hadnt been in for months that Lionel Hutz would have been proud of, ,please allow me..... It seems that while many have expressed why this person has to go, its apparent that no one has explained why they need to stay.

View attachment 824289

They cannot. Currently in the " deny deny deny" phase of the " deny deny deny until it happens, then claim victory" tactic. A consequence is coming down, and they dont like it.

He had jelly on his hands, jelly on his face, jelly on his collar. When we asked him about it, he said, " jelly? I havent seen it."

They cannot. Currently in the " deny deny deny" phase of the " deny deny deny until it happens, then claim victory" tactic. A consequence is coming down, and they dont like it.

He had jelly on his hands, jelly on his face, jelly on his collar. When we asked him about it, he said, " jelly? I havent seen it."

Yep, either that or some are just trying to save money on their therapy sessions here.

Reactions: JPH

Example-- the latest E3 video for Last of Us 2. In it, the lead female character kisses another woman. Some people are losing their minds over it, using this same excuse. Here's what they didn't do: talk about being lesbians, politicize it, and/or make a statement against somebody's beliefs with it.

Just two people kissing.

The question here is why is it happening? Does it have some story relevance? And that means why they are having two characters kiss at all. What is the purpose behind it? And then, whether you like it or not, we have to ask why they have chosen to make those characters gay. Now I don't care one way or the other, but if they are doing it to pander to a particular political ideology that likes to whine when things aren't "diverse" enough, that's a problem. But if the characters just so happen to be gay and there's no ulterior motive beyond that, I couldn't care less.

The question here is why is it happening? Does it have some story relevance? And that means why they are having two characters kiss at all. What is the purpose behind it? And then, whether you like it or not, we have to ask why they have chosen to make those characters gay. Now I don't care one way or the other, but if they are doing it to pander to a particular political ideology that likes to whine when things aren't "diverse" enough, that's a problem. But if the characters just so happen to be gay and there's no ulterior motive beyond that, I couldn't care less.

Well, we dont know, because it *isnt* a comparisson. ;)

If we're talking about Last of Us, love and humanity are totally part of the story-- especially considering what happened last time Elle kissed somebody. But as has been made clear, for some people it's automatically political seeing gays kiss.

Even your phraseology is out of touch with mainstream America.

Tens of millions of Americans would reject how you phrased your question, and would instead phrase it this way: "Is the U.S. still very much rooted in its traditional values?". The answer is, yes. By phrasing it as if the US is "behind", insults many Americans--as they believe it is the permissive left who is corrupting their values and hurting our nation.

Maybe they should read the constitution then. "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

People have the right to be insulted, but never the right to deny other people the same rights they themselves enjoy, including the right to get married;)

This coming from a conservative that believes Europe has also lost it's traditional values and laments that fact.

Anyways i've never played The Last of Us part 1, is Elle gay in that also?

Maybe they should read the constitution then. "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

People have the right to be insulted, but never the right to deny other people the same rights they themselves enjoy, including the right to get married;)

This coming from a conservative that believes Europe has also lost it's traditional values and laments that fact.

Anyways i've never played The Last of Us part 1, is Elle gay in that also?

A conservative in Rotterdam, Netherlands is not a conservative in Ottumwa, Iowa. ;)

Reactions: JPH

It was revealed in the DLC that the possibility was likely when she grew up.

So art imitating life then, they based the character on Ellen Page pretty heavily it seems.

With this and Ghost of Tsushima i might have to get myself a PS4 after all:lol

Didn't JJ have the same problem... someone asked if there would be a gay character in the Star Wars universe and he said "yeah why wouldn't there be" and then everyone was

"POE AND FINN ARE GAY IN EPISODE 8!?!?!?! STARSOCIALJUSTICEWARS!!!!"

Aaaaand nothing. It's always nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

So art imitating life then, they based the character on Ellen Page pretty heavily it seems.

With this and Ghost of Tsushima i might have to get myself a PS4 after all:lol

I remember when Ellen Page came out a guy I know got all angry like it was decided by Hollywood SJW's that she was now lesbian and so she's reluctantly going with it. :lol

But then mosty that's cuz his wall at work was like an alter to her... or like she died and he can't let go...

Last edited:

At least Abrams was smart and professional enough not to double down on Twitter after that and compromise the BO unlike a certain JNR.

At least Abrams was smart and professional enough not to double down on Twitter after that and compromise the BO unlike a certain JNR.

I had a LOT of beer at lunch....:cheers

I can't drum up what JNR is.

Man I'm getting NOTHING DONE TODAY.

Where's the Friday drinking thread on this forum....

JNR Kasdan. You know, the guy who will never be hired by Lucasfilm or any other production house that places a value on profit again. Ease up on the sauce.

JNR Like Junior?

Cuz I was reading that thinking "What's Kasdan's kids name? Jim? Jack? ****... I know it doesn't have an N or R... and why no K?..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back