Nerf Gun Props? YES!

As I mentioned previously, I made a 2nd Nerf Longshot with a desert military look and extended sniper barrel, but this one has a real AR15 bipod on it.

Here are some pics (different configs shown, like with the stock in and extended and with the bipod fully extended, standard, and tucked away).

View attachment 74709

View attachment 74712

Love this one, can i ask how you do the parts that look like they have chipped paint? With the darker tint.

Johnsonarms: I presume you do this for a living if you build that many guns?
Also respect for all those Stampedes, I took one apart just now and it really is quite complex, hope I can put all the internals back in working order.

figure i would share two of my nerf props..

HPIM1870.JPG

I have a few more nerf guns i plan on modifying

A few things I'm working on! Hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving!

Final Photos on the Green Hornet themed X6
IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

A better photo of this one:
IMG_7633.jpg

A few detail shots on the Stampedes
IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

and here's a few extras I'm doing up, the praxis is non-functioning, but it will have LED lighting - I'm thinking blue will be the final interior color or possibly a few different colors

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

lighting mock-up
IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

another one of Mal's pistols is almost done
IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

Last edited:
how do you get the weathering, what paint do you use .. i trying out on some DC-15 and a EE1 also just moding a Mandolorina helmet at the moment

9353-blaster-replicas-dc15-ee3.jpg

Amazing looking guns. Never though Nerf guns could give you such a variety.

May have to try this when making the scorpia or ballista sniper rifle from global Agenda.

A few things I'm working on! Hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving!

Final Photos on the Green Hornet themed X6
IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

A better photo of this one:
IMG_7633.jpg

A few detail shots on the Stampedes
IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

and here's a few extras I'm doing up, the praxis is non-functioning, but it will have LED lighting - I'm thinking blue will be the final interior color or possibly a few different colors

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

lighting mock-up
IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

another one of Mal's pistols is almost done
IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

I have a resin Blade Runner pistol that I built years ago and when I painted the grips I used Testors Model Master Burnt Umber as a base color then covered that with Tamiya Clear Orange. It came out ok but not quite the look I was hoping for.

figure i would share two of my nerf props..

HPIM1870.JPG

I have a few more nerf guns i plan on modifying

Great mod for a Maverick!!

how do you get the weathering, what paint do you use .. i trying out on some DC-15 and a EE1 also just moding a Mandolorina helmet at the moment.

Several lavers of paint, washes and drybrushing. I use Painters Touch from Home Depot, then craft acrylics from AC Moore.

Seriously dude, compile a portfolio and send it to the prop companies. You will work on TV in no time.

If that was directed to me (there's a lot of great work posted here in addition to my stuff), I really appreciate that, but I'm not sure what would be local to me in Clearwater Florida unfortunatly. If it was something I could do remotely like I do now, I'm definitely be interested

I have a resin Blade Runner pistol that I built years ago and when I painted the grips I used Testors Model Master Burnt Umber as a base color then covered that with Tamiya Clear Orange. It came out ok but not quite the look I was hoping for.

The only versions I've done have had the transparent amber grips so O never had to try to replicate it. That would be a tough task

Amazing looking guns. Never though Nerf guns could give you such a variety.

May have to try this when making the scorpia or ballista sniper rifle from global Agenda.

I hope you will post the results when you're done!

how do you get the weathering, what paint do you use .. i trying out on some DC-15 and a EE1 also just moding a Mandolorina helmet at the moment

9353-blaster-replicas-dc15-ee3.jpg

Those are very cool looking guns! I believe I've done a few of the Boba Fett rifles if that's the 3/4 scale verion. For the painting, I use a variety of techniques like drybrushing, washes, etc.. It's quite a lot by the end of most guns :)

Here's a couple quick photos from yesterday. I've had to deal with a kidney stone for the past 3-4 days and although I've kept up a good pace, it has kept me from wanting to move a whole lot :/

First photo is a couple new resin kit builds. The Letmat was just sprayed with a basecoat to see where I need to smooth out some resin

IMG_7690.jpg

The second photo here is just a few interior shots of the Element film prop. All the screw holes have been filled and I epoxied the two halves just after these bad photos. :) You can also see the pieces of rebar I hot-glued to the interior to add a little heft

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

Awesome thread, everyone. I finally made it to the end, and was so inspired, I decided to do some conversions that my kids will be enjoying this Christmas! (I originally posted this in my "random gun theatre" thread, but I had to share with fellow Nerf modders, so here we go:)

nerfg1.jpg

This of course is a converted Longshot, a Recon with a converted stock, and a converted Nite finder painted up with a sort of hard sci-fi military theme a la Aliens. I juggled the parts around for fun, since they finally all matched in color. The modular nature of the guns is pretty cool that way.

nerfg2.jpg

Here's the two main guns with their original parts configuration (aside from the conversion work, of course). Actually, the stock on the recon is from the Raider. Or was it one of those super soakers? The double mag is just two 6 shot mags with a zip strap to link them, plus some foam padding between them for friction.

For the Longshot, I removed the front grip and installed a cylinder instead. I also removed the bipod legs and replaced them with a Remington foregrip. I even installed a flashlight in there- because the button is on the back, you just push in to turn it on and off. I added a small set screw from the bottom to keep the flashlight in place.

nerfg5.jpg

The stock is also completely replaced with this scratch-built one, made from the bottom panel of a keyboard, some ABS plastic, cylinders cut from PVC pipe, and some black foam padding:
nerfg4.jpg

The Recon also got a modified stock. I cut down and rearranged the parts of the original stock, and added some tubing to give it more strength. I also added a cut down piece of floor mat for the rubber pad on the back.
nerfg3.jpg

Here's a shot of the core guns. The Nitefinder is pretty basic, I just cut down the silliest looking bits, and added disc shaped details (actually bases from old Heroclix figures, heh heh).
nerfg6.jpg

For paint, I sanded everything, primed with flat black, then masked and painted with satin olive (cheaper than the ultraflat camo paint, and almost as good looking), plus detail parts primed with bronze. To dull down and dirty up the guns, I used a mix of dark brown and black acrylic paint, stippled into the cracks and wiped / patted down with paper towels to remove the excess. Then to finish off, I used a silver Sharpie marker to stipple scratch marks on all the edges. A bit overboard, but it really pops out the details.

I might paint up an Alpha Trooper with the military scheme, since it can take the spare Recon stock (plus I already painted the drum from it). And of course, one of my Vulcans will be getting the military treatment at some point...

But the next scheme I'd like to try is a District 9 kind of feel, like:
nerfo0.jpg

Especially for the more sci-fi looking guns (Another Longshot, a Firefly, and whatever else I can find lying around). I'll try to incorporate more cool protruding metal details in those conversions.

=I=

Awesome thread, everyone. I finally made it to the end, and was so inspired, I decided to do some conversions that my kids will be enjoying this Christmas! (I originally posted this in my "random gun theatre" thread, but I had to share with fellow Nerf modders, so here we go:)

This of course is a converted Longshot, a Recon with a converted stock, and a converted Nite finder painted up with a sort of hard sci-fi military theme a la Aliens. I juggled the parts around for fun, since they finally all matched in color. The modular nature of the guns is pretty cool that way.

Here's the two main guns with their original parts configuration (aside from the conversion work, of course). Actually, the stock on the recon is from the Raider. Or was it one of those super soakers? The double mag is just two 6 shot mags with a zip strap to link them, plus some foam padding between them for friction.

For the Longshot, I removed the front grip and installed a cylinder instead. I also removed the bipod legs and replaced them with a Remington foregrip. I even installed a flashlight in there- because the button is on the back, you just push in to turn it on and off. I added a small set screw from the bottom to keep the flashlight in place.

The stock is also completely replaced with this scratch-built one, made from the bottom panel of a keyboard, some ABS plastic, cylinders cut from PVC pipe, and some black foam padding:
nerfg4.jpg

The Recon also got a modified stock. I cut down and rearranged the parts of the original stock, and added some tubing to give it more strength. I also added a cut down piece of floor mat for the rubber pad on the back.
nerfg3.jpg

Here's a shot of the core guns. The Nitefinder is pretty basic, I just cut down the silliest looking bits, and added disc shaped details (actually bases from old Heroclix figures, heh heh).
nerfg6.jpg

For paint, I sanded everything, primed with flat black, then masked and painted with satin olive (cheaper than the ultraflat camo paint, and almost as good looking), plus detail parts primed with bronze. To dull down and dirty up the guns, I used a mix of dark brown and black acrylic paint, stippled into the cracks and wiped / patted down with paper towels to remove the excess. Then to finish off, I used a silver Sharpie marker to stipple scratch marks on all the edges. A bit overboard, but it really pops out the details.

=I=

Fantastic work and thanks for sharing the photos! I've done some D9 guns in the past and they do look great in that color. Good luck with them and feel free to share them here when you're ready!

Cheers mate, coming from you it means a lot.

Erm, let's just say it's a work in progress :rolleyes Trying to figure out a cool stock for the longstrike, something about the original puts me off. Going to try to do it more as a blaster rather than a sniper rifle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back