Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Man, it sucks to be you right now. lol

If I wasn't already committed to the DeAgo Falcon I'd be all over this new Bandai kit because I love the 5ft Falcon as well...with ESB mods. But at the current exchange rate I'd be looking at paying over $500 AUD for it so it won't be happening for me, same with the Zvezda Star Destroyer, Bandai's AT-AT, X-wing, Y-Wing and more AT-AT's.

I think I'll go out to the garage to find a rope....

Crap. I'm so torn.

Just the other week I gave up waiting for a 1:72 Bandai, and bought all 100 parts for the De Agostini Falcon. And this announcement hits!

De Ago pluses:
- fun to detail up the cockpit and hold, and make it go from toy to model
- impressively big
- I own it now
- I like the ESB ship in terms of hull lighting

De Ago negatives:
- It's too damn big. It's frickin' huge.
- I actually don't like the 32" Falcon. I much prefer the 5 footer
- I'm likely going to be moving, and the sheer size is a hassle
- The quality of the molding simply isn't up to Bandai standards

Bandai 1:72 pluses
- Very convenient size
- It's likely going to be totally perfect in terms of molding quality and accuracy
- It's the beautiful 5 footer

Bandai 1:72 negatives
- May be a hassle to get hold of
- I like the ANH design, but it wouldn't be right to stick ESB external lights on it
- No fun toys like the hold details
- The accuracy actually means less fun work fixing up the problems!

And I really don't want to have two huge Falcon models in the house. So I have to decide which way to go at some point.

What do you think?

It isn't a TOY . I love my deago Falcon ( even though the slight inaccuracies/missing outer parts - yet to be provided!!!) , it's SS and the only other option is a ( if/when available ) , MR one which would set you back how many thousands ?
Still , if I were to win lotto I'd still want the Bandai 1/72 as well cause it's the ship that blew me away ( the film also ! ) way back as an 11 yr old . :p

Well, I said the cockpit and hold of the De Agostini were toy-like. The exterior's pretty good, on the whole. But the interiors are pretty weak.

Sounds like an opportunity, there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nkg LOL!!! , yeah the cockpit and hold area are pretty ' sparse/inaccurate ' , but that's the beauty of it ( the hold is a bonus ! ) . You can actually choose to super/detail it to your hearts content.....or not . Set , Studio , Filming Miniature Accurate or not . Surely these options and others must be considered under the ' Pro ' column ? . I'm hoping to purchase the Bandai 1/72 ANH Falcon too one day fingers crossed ( just love her curves ! ) .
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

That does sound pretty nuts, when you put it that way. :-/

That does sound pretty nuts, when you put it that way. :-/

$1500 to have a replica of one of the greatest studio model ever?

Not at all.

The only reason I didn't do it is the size...AND I was waiting for a version of the GREATEST studio model ever.

Thanks bandai!!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Crap. I'm so torn.

Just the other week I gave up waiting for a 1:72 Bandai, and bought all 100 parts for the De Agostini Falcon. And this announcement hits!

LOL! I also just ordered the entire 100 parts early last week. Only saw the Bandai news this weekend. No regrets really. Shapeways has some upgrades I may use for the cockpit.

I also have the Master Replicas Falcon, 2 of the 1/72 Fine Molds kits unbuilt and plan on getting one of the new Bandai kits once released. Just LOVE me some Falcon! :D
sw_01.jpg

Last edited:

I believe all Bandai kits are snap. I don't know of any that require glue so there is no reason to believe this kit will require glue.

I would assume so too, but I can also see the size of the kit and the level of detail making a snap only kit a challenge. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if there were screws included to hold the upper and lower saucer hulls together.

I would assume so too, but I can also see the size of the kit and the level of detail making a snap only kit a challenge. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if there were screws included to hold the upper and lower saucer hulls together.

The owner of the local hobby store showed me some of the really big Bandai Gundam kits and talked about how none of them required glue. I agree that maybe some parts may need screwing down after all I don't want the Falcon falling apart while going up against the Empire. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back