ROTJ AT-AT pics?

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Are there any good pics of the ROTJ AT-AT walker floating around? I want some good pics to make the Bandai 1:144 AT-AT into the ROTJ version.
Thanks,
Lynn

Sculpting a Galaxy has at least one or two pics of the ROTJ AT-AT fitted with the lights

I have that book and it has one nice big pic, but it is the same as most I've found just bigger, but it doesn't have a good side pic so I can see weathering detail. I hoped you guys would have had some more and better and different pics of this one.
Anyone got pics of the one Georges display case? the one I've seen was kind of small and I couldn't make out a lot of weathering detail.

The ROTJ version also seems to be missing the raised detail strips on the leg fronts and I want to try and confirm this as well.
Lynn

These are the only two I've come across and I have done extensive searching on this subject for my own project. I hope they help.

03 Displaying of AT-AT 007.jpg 03 Displaying of AT-AT 010.jpg

These are the only two I've come across and I have done extensive searching on this subject for my own project. I hope they help.

View attachment 719006 View attachment 719007

OK, that is what i have as well, thanks. Are the legs supposed to be missing the lined details on the lower legs? The back lower left leg is the only one that has them, pics of the AT-AT from the movie stills seem to support it.
I was hoping to see how the lights were mounted under the head as well.
Thanks,
Lynn

OK, that is what i have as well, thanks. Are the legs supposed to be missing the lined details on the lower legs? The back lower left leg is the only one that has them, pics of the AT-AT from the movie stills seem to support it. I was hoping to see how the lights were mounted under the head as well.
Thanks,
Lynn

No, they're not. After the films were done, those models were put into storage, so I suspect those pieces were broken off afterwards. Unfort, a screen cap of the scene doesn't provide much info either.

rotj at-at.jpg

View attachment 719006 View attachment 719007

OK, that is what i have as well, thanks. Are the legs supposed to be missing the lined details on the lower legs? The back lower left leg is the only one that has them, pics of the AT-AT from the movie stills seem to support it.
I was hoping to see how the lights were mounted under the head as well.
Thanks,
Lynn

No, they're not. After the films were done, those models were put into storage, so I suspect those pieces were broken off afterwards. Unfort, a screen cap of the scene doesn't provide much info either.

View attachment 719009

OK, I'm guessing this is not a shot from the movie as the AT-AT appears to be in the same pose the pic you posted?
KIa0bGy.jpg

That is where I was getting confused as to the AT-AT in the movie was missing those parts.
Lynn

So how do you think the feet are weathered since we can't see them too well? A mix of greens and browns to look like it has been going through forest undergrowth? A little green staining here and there on the body from rubbing on trees etc?
Lynn

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's right. ILM's photography department did a lot of still composite for Empire and Jedi. They must of have photographed the model after filming and composited with a plate of the 'Platform' matte painting.

Bummer, I wondered that, I'm glad I asked, because I would have taken them off of my model thinking it was correct.
Lynn

So how do you think the feet are weathered since we can't see them too well? A mix of greens and browns to look like it has been going through forest undergrowth? A little green staining here and there on the body from rubbing on trees etc?
Lynn

Exactly. The first shot of that scene is somewhat dark, but when seen on the big screen those details will show. You really couldn't know for sure unless can see the model used in that scene, which is in George's display. The second picture below is, I think, is from when they did the animatic and not for the actual shot. Cause I can't see them animating on that plywood.

rotj at-at a.jpg

ROTJ spfx 025.jpg

I don't have the book, but from this pic of the new Star Wars Chronicles looks like there is at least one page on the Endor AT-AT

Book%20Star%20Wars%20Chronicles%20Vehicles%2003_zps39zexsew.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back