What prebuilt options are there for sabers with sound/LEDs but WITHOUT blades?

atgm

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to go all out with a graflex 2.0 and the various mods necessary to get a crystal chamber + sound + LEDs... but are there any no-blade prebuilt options out there?

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to go all out with a graflex 2.0 and the various mods necessary to get a crystal chamber + sound + LEDs... but are there any no-blade prebuilt options out there?

so you want a saber with out a blade? do you want the emitter to glow as well? or only a crystal chamber? do you want sound as well? im sorry im just a little confused on what you want exactly

if you have some soldering skills, the graflex 2.0 is really straight forward. and there is also some great 3d printed crystal chamber chassis available for them right on shapeways

so you want a saber with out a blade? do you want the emitter to glow as well? or only a crystal chamber? do you want sound as well? im sorry im just a little confused on what you want exactly

I don't think you're confused at all -- that's what I want.

if you have some soldering skills, the graflex 2.0 is really straight forward. and there is also some great 3d printed crystal chamber chassis available for them right on shapeways

The Darth Ryo stuff is exactly what I've been looking at, but I'm having second thoughts because:

1. cramped apartment with no ventilation and two pets

2. no soldering experience whatsoever

3. no tools

hmmm i think your best bet may be to commission someone. theres some great saber smiths on here, maybe they might be interested in doing it?

I know you said no-blade but what about the Hasbro Black Series Lightsabers. The blade is not removable but that can be upgraded later, comes with sound and lights up.

I know you said no-blade but what about the Hasbro Black Series Lightsabers. The blade is not removable but that can be upgraded later, comes with sound and lights up.

My main issue with blades is that they add a fortune to shipping to Japan and also, I don't really have space to store one with a blade. If it comes down to it, I might have to find someone in the US who can accept an order with the blade, then just remove it for me... though I don't know how functional a hilt would be without the blade.

hmmm i think your best bet may be to commission someone. theres some great saber smiths on here, maybe they might be interested in doing it?

I'll look around, but honestly I was hoping to find something pre-built since commissions are the most expensive.

In general, there are two types of blades for sabers with electronics, LED string blades like what is in the Master Replicas and Hasbro Force FX sabers and empty blades that are lit up by LEDs in the hilt itself. Empty blades (the only thing in them is light diffusing material) are removable and do not affect the functionality of the electronics whatsoever and when it comes to unlicensed sabers even the majority of LED string blades are removable. 99% of custom sabers, including the Graflex 2,0, use empty removable blades. Also, even though it's designed to use a blade, the Graflex 2.0 does NOT come with one. I know of no sabersmith that would refuse to do business with you just because you don't want a blade. In other words, when you have the funds, just buy a saber and don't buy a blade or put a blade in the saber. Many fully installed sabers are sold without blades all the time. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I know of no sabersmith that would refuse to do business with you just because you don't want a blade. In other words, when you have the funds, just buy a saber and don't buy a blade or put a blade in the saber. Many fully installed sabers are sold without blades all the time. I hope that helps.

Yeah, I'll have to find a sabersmith. I tried some of the big stores (ultrasabers, etc.) and they said they won't sell without a blade.

Yeah, I'll have to find a sabersmith. I tried some of the big stores (ultrasabers, etc.) and they said they won't sell without a blade.

Sorry to hear it. That's pretty lame of them. Another option to contacting a sabersmith for a commission is to try ebay and the sales sections here at the RPF, the Imperial Royal Arms forum and the FX-Sabers forum.

Sorry to hear it. That's pretty lame of them. Another option to contacting a sabersmith for a commission is to try ebay and the sales sections here at the RPF, the Imperial Royal Arms forum and the FX-Sabers forum.

Yep. I've been around the RPF before (albeit over a decade ago), so the junkyard is the first place I went. I'm a bit hesitant to go buy stuff off forums I've never been on before, for various reasons, though, which is why I was hoping there was a store that allowed no-blade customization before I started looking into the more expensive sabersmith route.

All the companies I know offer their sabers without blades. Most of them offer their hilts empty for DIYers too if you want to add a different companies electronics.
Don Mac.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back