Lightsabers for mid dueling under 130$?

Petar

Hello guys,

I would like to ask you for your help.
I'm looking to buy lightsaber that is good for mid dueling for 130$,(if they're making them for that price).
Since I'm total noob for lightsabers and i don't know much about them,so i was hoping you could help me.
I don't need sound,or fancy hilt,but something that glows bright and is good for mid dueling.
I was thinking about Ultrasabers,but they have pretty high number of unsatisfied customers.
Shipping should be under 30$ if that's possible.

If you know someone who makes saber for affordable price,please tell me.

Every comment is welcome :)

you can always build your own at thecustomersabershop.com

depending on what electronics you use and stuff you can build them for a little more then your price range.

I love my Ultrasabers. Well, for the price anyway. You can't beat them. I've done a couple of full contact duelling classes. They held up great.

I'm going to buy 2 more (cheaper to buy as a staff) smaller ones to practice spinning and fancy stuff

Thanks for fast answers guys.
I have few questions tho...
If I buy saber from Ultrasabers without sound,can i buy sound system from thecustomsabershop and install it in my saber?
Also,is basic ''stunt'' saber made for dueling or only for display?

Last edited:
No idea about sound.

I went basic stunt, single colour, no sound, basic battery set up. Any of their stunt are fine for duelling. They do have a heavy grade and mid grade blades.

Thanks for fast answers guys.
I have few questions tho...
If I buy saber from Ultrasabers without sound,can i buy sound system from thecustomsabershop and install it in my saber?
Also,is basic ''stunt'' saber made for dueling or only for display?

Yes you can install sound later and use any manufacturer's sound board. However, unless there is a pre-existing chassis for your specific saber, you will need to learn how to make your own.

In the custom saber communities, the term "stunt" usally means a saber with a light up blade but no sound.

Until I can afford more Ultrasaber ones, I made myself 2 out of aluminium and steel tube. Wrapped coloured tape around the blades.

Then made my 4yr old twins one each using a timber rod (for safety of course)

@ARKM i was planning to buy this saber:
https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Express-Apprenticev4&CartID=1
Do you perhaps know is that one have pre-existing chassis?
Also,where can i buy cheap (which can be shipped internationally) sound board that have all effects like power up/down,clash,swing...?
And last thing-how can i install sound board,because i don't have much experience with that stuff.
@Sith Lord I see you're satisfied with Ultrasaber company, and their sabers.
I hope everything will go smooth with my order as well,because for money they seem pretty good.
I read reviews and some people (at least 7 from what i read) had very negative experience with them,even here on RPF,and that's the only thing that i'm worrying about.
PS
I see you're from Australia,and since it was oversea shipping,how long did it take to get your lightsaber from date you ordered it till day you got it?
I live in Croatia,so it's international shipping too.

@ARKM i was planning to buy this saber:
https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Express-Apprenticev4&CartID=1
Do you perhaps know is that one have pre-existing chassis?
Also,where can i buy cheap (which can be shipped internationally) sound board that have all effects like power up/down,clash,swing...?
And last thing-how can i install sound board,because i don't have much experience with that stuff.
@Sith Lord I see you're satisfied with Ultrasaber company, and their sabers.
I hope everything will go smooth with my order as well,because for money they seem pretty good.
I read reviews and some people (at least 7 from what i read) had very negative experience with them,even here on RPF,and that's the only thing that i'm worrying about.
PS
I see you're from Australia,and since it was oversea shipping,how long did it take to get your lightsaber from date you ordered it till day you got it?

As far as I know, there are no preexisting chassis for any saber by Ultra Sabers. To be sure, your best bet would be to ask them. As for where to learn about where to buy sound boards and how to install them, There are many threads on these subjects at the Imperial Royal Arms forum, The Custom Saber Shop forum and the FX-Sabers forum. If you want to this yourself, you need to read, read and then read some more. Of course there is also the option of paying a sabersmith to do this for you. You can find several sabersmiths that will do this for you on the first and last forum I mentioned above. There are of course other sabersmiths that are not a member of those forums that can easily be found via Google. Just search for "saber" "sabers" "lightsaber" "custom sabers", etc. and you will find them.

As far as I know, there are no preexisting chassis for any saber by Ultra Sabers. To be sure, your best bet would be to ask them. As for where to learn about where to buy sound boards and how to install them, There are many threads on these subjects at the Imperial Royal Arms forum, The Custom Saber Shop forum and the FX-Sabers forum. If you want to this yourself, you need to read, read and then read some more. Of course there is also the option of paying a sabersmith to do this for you. You can find several sabersmiths that will do this for you on the first and last forum I mentioned above. There are of course other sabersmiths that are not a member of those forums that can easily be found via Google. Just search for "saber" "sabers" "lightsaber" "custom sabers", etc. and you will find them.

Thanks for info,I already have account on FX-Saber forum,but i can't post links from other shops,I'll try and ask admin why.
I have only one more question.
Is there any chance i can make my own crystal chamber like in this video and put it in my saber from Ultrasaber?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9moBORo47A
Just put video on 7th minute.

Thanks!

Thanks for info,I already have account on FX-Saber forum,but i can't post links from other shops,I'll try and ask admin why.
I have only one more question.
Is there any chance i can make my own crystal chamber like in this video and put it in my saber from Ultrasaber?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9moBORo47A
Just put video on 7th minute.

Thanks!

If you mean "Will that gray PVC pipe fit into an Ultra Sabers hilt?", the answer is "probably". I have no experience with their hilts so that's the best answer I can give.

TCSS chassis parts and their Battery/speaker holders will fit most US sabers except the thinnest ones. In fact I think their Battery/Sound card/speaker unit might be a TCSS part.

Don Mac.

The one thing I don't like about Ultrasabers and the only thing holding me back from my next order, is the shipping. They ONLY use FedEx (to Australia at least), so it was very expensive. Almost as much as the saber! However it only took 4 days from USA to Aust. Super quick!
So make sure you get your shipping quote before you get too excited...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back