ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

Did you order the electronics? Probably your best bet, $25.00, shipped with your kit. You can put it together for about the same price, maybe $5 less but youre going to pay more with shipping. Not sure if they come pre wired, I got my chamber 2nd hand, but he said he didnt touch it.

Good to hear. I have the chamber coming, just got to get a kit from Roman. Really looking forward to this.

6 and 5 are just pressure fit, you could put a VERY tiny dabs of super glue on the inside lip of 6 but i would not.

i have a quick question. i just received my romans static saber. my balance pipe isn't tight enough to fit correctly, if i stand the saber up, the balance pipe falls down. i see you said you dont like super glue to keep it together.
roman7.jpg

i was wondering if mine is too loose or if everyones is like this, and if so what everyone is using to keep the balance pipe together. i was wondering if e6000 do be ok? i know a lot of the r2 builders use it on all their aluminum parts, it also dries clear
http://www.homedepot.com/p/E6000-2-fl-oz-Clear-Adhesive-237032/203279322

Once the screw to hold the cone in place is to your liking, then a drop of superglue or e6000 will hold the outer part onto the inner part. You don't need much.

i have a quick question. i just received my romans static saber. my balance pipe isn't tight enough to fit correctly, if i stand the saber up, the balance pipe falls down. i see you said you dont like super glue to keep it together.
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/Romans Empire OBIWAN/roman7.jpg

i was wondering if mine is too loose or if everyones is like this, and if so what everyone is using to keep the balance pipe together. i was wondering if e6000 do be ok? i know a lot of the r2 builders use it on all their aluminum parts, it also dries clear
http://www.homedepot.com/p/E6000-2-fl-oz-Clear-Adhesive-237032/203279322

Finally got your Roman MK1! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @halliwax ! There's a wee-little allen head screw on the outside of the balance pipe. Just tighten it in and you should be good-to-go!

- - - Updated - - -
@halliwax , yep! Here ya go: Step 9...

http://romanprops.com/assembly/

yes i got to that part, my problem was the outside of the balance pipe :(

I see you've collected and created another lightsaber ... indeed you are powerful :)

Chaim

chaim, i bought this thing friday. i dont know what shipping roman has but the sucker showed up today about 3:30pm on my back door. texas to massachusetts in less then 72 hours thats freaking amazing!

Once the screw to hold the cone in place is to your liking, then a drop of superglue or e6000 will hold the outer part onto the inner part. You don't need much.

thank you i was alittle confused. im going to grab some more e6000 the next time out. while im out there picking that up ill grab the 2 bolts as well. though i want to eventually upgrade to romans 3 piece sink knob. it never ends!! lol

thank you all for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @halliwax ! There's a wee-little allen head screw on the outside of the balance pipe. Just tighten it in and you should be good-to-go!

- - - Updated - - -
@halliwax , yep! Here ya go: Step 9...

http://romanprops.com/assembly/

I see you've collected and created another lightsaber ... indeed you are powerful :)

Chaim

Finally got your Roman MK1! Congrats!

yes its been a long time! probably 3 years of hard core saber collecting, and finally i was able to pick this up. its a christmas gift for myself. roman had a black friday sale and i figure now was the only time, so why not?!

this is a fine piece of engineering... i cant believe the attention to detail in everything. this is my holy grail of sabers, im very happy with it. the crystal chamber will put me over the top with it. it will really surprise the person im showing it to as well, the crystal chamber is something un expected

my balance pipe isn't tight enough to fit correctly, if i stand the saber up, the balance pipe falls down. i see you said you dont like super glue to keep it together.

i was wondering if mine is too loose or if everyones is like this, and if so what everyone is using to keep the balance pipe together.

My Roman's weathered static was the same. Without careful handling the outer-emitter would constantly fall back onto the grenade neck.
I eventually used a thin 'smear' of 5-minute epoxy on the inner surface recess when the weathering was complete, since I don't envisage ever needing to separate the two parts again.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you have a 4-piece sink knob on that hilt. :D

Glad you like it!! :cheers

i dont think so? i bought a static version. my sink knob doesnt have threads on the inside :wacko so confused lol

- - - Updated - - -

My Roman's weathered static was the same. Without careful handling the outer-emitter would constantly fall back onto the grenade neck.
I eventually used a thin 'smear' of 5-minute epoxy on the inner surface recess when the weathering was complete, since I don't envisage ever needing to separate the two parts again.

i think im going to do the same, i am making a special tool right now to tighten the balance pipe from the inside using the holes. basically a miniature tool plumbers use to install and uninstall tub drains

ill post my tool when im done making it. probably this weekend. if my hand holds up, i have a heck of a time drilling with it still

Last edited by a moderator:
360a4d89399168f56eb13c5105175f1b.jpg

yup roman, i screwed up!!! LOL i thought because it didn't have thread to screw onto the booster that it was a solid piece

i want to upgrade to the "FX" version so it screws onto the booster

Yup, that top cap pops off as well. :)

Order off my site whenever you are ready. Just send me an email that you'd like it weathered instead of chromed. :)

If you need anything else just PM me. I don't want to hijack Spirit's thread. :$

Oops, I just realized this thread was specific to Spirit of Ob1 chassis mods. Didn't mean to intrude.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back