Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

Hey guys,,does anyone know how to obtain the weathered look that the grenade section of the saber in this photo has?? Ive seen some weathered grenades turn out black,while others look greyish and some look more rusty brown.I am wanting the rusty brown look for mine..Ive heard Roman uses Perma Blue,but noticed all of his weathered sabers vary in color.So I was just wondering if anyone out there knows how to obtain the rusty look?Thanks
View attachment 674498

i love that display stand

WOO-HOO!!! Check out what was waiting in for me in my mailbox, when I got home from work today :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg
A genuine Armitage Shanks "Cold" sink knob! & it's predrilled for the d-ring. Thank you Kurtyboy! You the man!!! :cheers

I will need to tap some threads for the bolt.
image.jpeg
This will be going onto my weathered Romans. Or do others have a better recommendations for installing this on a Romans? I have yet to disassemble it, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm still enjoying just holding it.

WOO-HOO!!! Check out what was waiting in for me in my mailbox, when I got home from work today :)

View attachment 676923 View attachment 676926
A genuine Armitage Shanks "Cold" sink knob! & it's predrilled for the d-ring. Thank you Kurtyboy! You the man!!! :cheers

I will need to tap some threads for the bolt.
View attachment 676927
This will be going onto my weathered Romans. Or do others have a better recommendations for installing this on a Romans? I have yet to disassemble it, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm still enjoying just holding it.

very nice score!

Speaking of sink knobs..I just bought another Romans sink knob the other day and its got a totally different finish than my previous Romans sink knobs.Instead of the high shine chrome,it instead has a flat aluminum finish and the top of the knob is a darker color..The difference is not as noticeable in pics...Did Roman change these up? Regardless,I like it ;)
IMG_1028.JPGIMG_1029.JPGIMG_1030.JPG

Hi Everyone!
I finally came to post some photos (not so good...) of the Roman's beauty...
I swear the pictures won't do it justice

IMG_6459.JPGIMG_6458.JPGIMG_6457.JPGIMG_6456.JPGIMG_6455.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6453.JPGIMG_6452.JPG

And here it is in it's final resting place that I finished building right now :D

IMG_6444.JPG

The spots left belongs to the Roman's Graflex that I'm eagerly waiting for, and another Randy's ESB
IMG_6460.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6444.JPG
    IMG_6444.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

View attachment 678972View attachment 678971View attachment 678970View attachment 678969View attachment 678968View attachment 678967View attachment 678966View attachment 678965

And here it is in it's final resting place that I finished building right now :D

View attachment 678980

The spots left belongs to the Roman's Graflex that I'm eagerly waiting for, and another Randy's ESB
View attachment 678973

Just amazing, that wall display is awesome, an inspiration to all, well done...

Love the wall display... how did you go about getting that done?

Like the actual hilt hangers... completely custom, or can I find them somewhere?

Thanks @Timbuktu !

Love the wall display... how did you go about getting that done?

Like the actual hilt hangers... completely custom, or can I find them somewhere?

Hi NeoRutty All custom, laser cut MDF, acrylic sheet for the backlight, 5m led strip, metal shelf brackets supports, and the most difficult 6 mm acrylic cuts molded on a "hanger shape" on my kitchen oven :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!

View attachment 678972View attachment 678971View attachment 678970View attachment 678969View attachment 678968View attachment 678967View attachment 678966View attachment 678965

View attachment 678980

View attachment 678973

that sure is a beautiful display!

Hey danzig! Looks like Roman's site shows the knob by itself is available in an 'fx' version and a 'standard' version, both are listed as chrome, but I bet he'd send you a chrome one if you asked him to swap out the 'machine finish' one you got. The knob you have is bare aluminum and the cap is steel, hence the difference in the finish and the difference in color. I like the look of it too,...

I REALLY WISH ROMAN WOULD OFFER THE WHOLE FX KIT IN STAINLESS STEEL!

Hey lmuzzin! That saber stand wall piece is awesome! I thought your last two would have been a Luke ANH or ESB and a.... Yoda maybe. Looking forward to seeing you get her filled up!

Hi Everyone!

View attachment 678980

View attachment 678973

Congtats on your Romans! It is a thing of beauty for sure.
But great googlie, that display is awesome! :love

Congtats on your Romans! It is a thing of beauty for sure.
But great googlie, that display is awesome! :love

Thank you russellsch !

Hey danzig! Looks like Roman's site shows the knob by itself is available in an 'fx' version and a 'standard' version, both are listed as chrome, but I bet he'd send you a chrome one if you asked him to swap out the 'machine finish' one you got. The knob you have is bare aluminum and the cap is steel, hence the difference in the finish and the difference in color. I like the look of it too,...

I REALLY WISH ROMAN WOULD OFFER THE WHOLE FX KIT IN STAINLESS STEEL!

Hey lmuzzin! That saber stand wall piece is awesome! I thought your last two would have been a Luke ANH or ESB and a.... Yoda maybe. Looking forward to seeing you get her filled up!

Thanks Ridire Firean !

You'll have one halliwax , I've been dreaming with this beauty since the day I saw it for the first time, and while waiting for my other dream saber (Roman's Graflex replica) couldn't resist to pawn my kidney for this, and it was totally worth it (?) :love

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @russellsch !

Thanks @Ridire Firean !

You'll have one @halliwax , I've been dreaming with this beauty since the day I saw it for the first time, and while waiting for my other dream saber (Roman's Graflex replica) couldn't resist to pawn my kidney for this, and it was totally worth it (?) :love

i tried pawning my brain, that was until the doctor told me i didnt have one :wacko

i tried pawning my brain, that was until the doctor told me i didnt have one :wacko

Some Swedish inside information, IKEA are going to start selling brains next year. It will require some assembly but even brainless folks are supposed to handle it :p :lol

I hope you get your Obi-1 saber. Just keep chanting: "she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine" ;)

Hi Everyone!

View attachment 678980

View attachment 678973

Best saber display I've ever seen. If you decide to do a run, I'm in.

Yeah I actually like the look of it..I was just curious about it is all,since he dont offer a non chrome knob on his site..
BTW: Nice display Imuzzin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back