PropShop announces TFA Props!

I mean sure, at a TIME right around the movie a Graflex was going for $800-$1100, but that is still closer to the real thing than anything they are making from scratch.

Beautiful pieces but the price is too rich for my blood. I have a premier Anovos Kylo Ren helmet on order. Besides the base and the chip there doesn't seem to be much of a difference. Also, it looks like they're only producing what they're made for the Force Awakens.

While it's nice to see another company in the mix, I wish there were more reliable companies (Sorry eFX) that could hit the same price point MR/EFX were fitting with their offerings.

I'm just hoping this leads to better reference for someone to do a GREAT replica of the Kylo Hilt...

Until then, I'll just keep modding my crappy Disney saber I bought for 30 bucks.

I'm just hoping this leads to better reference for someone to do a GREAT replica of the Kylo Hilt...

Until then, I'll just keep modding my crappy Disney saber I bought for 30 bucks.
Well, there was pretty good reference already, here's what I have in 3D so far:
Kylo_saber_render2.pngKylo_saber_render3.png
I haven't seen the new pics yet, but hopefully they can help make it more accurate.

I think I'll settle on a decked out Ultra Saber for less than half the price.

That Melted Vader Mask is $3,500? You'd think at that price it would come with JJ Abrams' signature, or something like that. For $500 cheaper, I could have gotten that "Star Wars Frames" book set that actually included George Lucas' signature. From the looks of it they're not even including an acrylic enclosure which would be essential for a replica like this since dusting this sucker would be a hassle.

Not sure where to start. Prices are just way too high.

Add to that shipping from wherever they are and the fact it said import fees or whatever - yikes.

However, a 40" or more staff, a (face it) graflex flash with grips, and a kylo hilt. ALL 1250???? The kylo is much harder to make, loads more detail than the graflex. The staff, i'm not sure but it seems to have lots of detail to it, wrapped cloth, etc. No way they're all the same price. <He who shall not be named> made dead on graflex hilts and MPP's for 150 each in the past. Someone else is doing them now for less than 300 i think. Yet a repro graflex is 1250??? Especially when we know they bought actual flashes from people here for the flick.

EFX isn't the greatest name, but they're limited Vader wearable helmet was 999 and had a run of 350 or so. 3500 for a melted blob? I understand that may be harder to replicate but still.

I'll admit the wooden shipping crate seems cool, but not an extra 900 cool. After taxes, fees, and shipping, i'm scared to know what that total would be. 1500? 1750?

That licensing fee musta cost them massive amounts of cash to come up with these prices..... Icons was was what? 299? MR 349, Efx 369 - 1250 is no where near the next logical spot.

Where are these even being made? Is this the price we're paying in order to have replicas that aren't made in China?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back