LUCKY SCORE!!! Obi-Wan ANH Sink Knobs!!! UPDATE 8/28 for JY

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
***EDIT Aug 28, 2015***

These will be for sale in the PROJECTS section of Classifieds later today if anyone is interested :thumbsup

They won't be in the Junk Yard because they are still getting chromed.

***ORIGINAL***

I finally got lucky!!

First, I had to outbid someone (probably a member here), but I scored two (2)!!

Then, the same day, I contacted someone about the larger tub handles and asked if they had the matching sink taps. They said yes, AND said they had another complete sink/tub set... do I want them?

YES!!! Yes, I do!!!

So I'm expecting two (2) correct taps from the auction, and four (4) correct taps from the 'tub listing'. Packages show up Tuesday and yesterday...

I got my first two (2), sweet!! Toss the larger tub taps in a junk box.

Then I open the other box yesterday and search for four (4) smaller, correct taps. I find a couple smaller correct taps, then a larger tub tap (toss that one in the junk box)... then find the last two (2) correct taps...

So I've now increased my collection by six (6) sink knobs!!! BUT wait...

I still have that box with three (3) larger, incorrect tub taps and I'm about to toss them... But they are wrapped in paper, and yes, I recycle... so I begin to open them. First one was the larger tub tap. The next one feels smaller... lo and behold!!! It's another sink knob!!! Then I get excited and rush to grab the other... same thing, feels smaller... BOOM! Another sink knob!!

I wound up with eight (8) more sink knobs in my collection in two days!! :cool

This is the first time I really feel like I got lucky with a prop hunt!!! Thank the Maker!! :)

IMG_20150618_140029.jpg

Last edited:
Re: LUCKY SCORE!!! Obi-Wan ANH Sink Knobs!!!

Nice it brings back memories of when I had six in one hit :) I still have a few of them three on my original parts sabers and one for a display collection of parts.

very cool find! what did the original ANH saber have H or C? i recently hit up a HUGE local factory filled with antique tubs and sinks, i went through all of them had to be over 500 tubs and i didnt find one hand wheel... now knowing that the came in clear, im going to have to go hit them back up i was looking for chrome.

very cool find! what did the original ANH saber have H or C? i recently hit up a HUGE local factory filled with antique tubs and sinks, i went through all of them had to be over 500 tubs and i didnt find one hand wheel... now knowing that the came in clear, im going to have to go hit them back up i was looking for chrome.
They don't appear too often either

They don't appear too often either

next time i go im going to take a picture, the factory is 1300ft long and its got to be 200ft wide and its filled with sinks and tubs... i checked everyone but now im double guessing myself because i was only looking for chrome

So what's the plan? Chrome them?

Or is there a use for non chromed I'm not aware of....?

YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GOT THESE

Congratulations Roman :D This is truly an epic find!

I finally got lucky!!

First, I had to outbid someone (probably a member here)...

LOL that was me, ya lucky *******!!! Great score, man. I'm glad it was you! I just wish I had know. It was you and we wouldn't have driven the price up...although for a haul like that, you got them for a song! THE song of ALL songs!

Thanks guys! I haven't stopped messing with them since yesterday. Lining them up side by side. Checking they all fit my real booster... they do. Flipping the cubes. Lining them up with flipped cubes... :lol :lol :lol

what did the original ANH saber have H or C?

I don't believe anyone really knows, but I like to think it was cold since that would be the blue. :thumbsup

So what's the plan? Chrome them?

Yes sir, I plan on chroming them. :cool

LOL that was me, ya lucky *******!!! Great score, man. I'm glad it was you! I just wish I had know. It was you and we wouldn't have driven the price up...although for a haul like that, you got them for a song! THE song of ALL songs!

Sorry! Well, kinda sorry! ;) The price was my fault for bidding 15 seconds before the auction ended. I just wasn't sure I was logged in, and didn't want to snipe at 1 second only to find out I wasn't logged in. I'll make sure you get one when they are chromed if you still need one. :cheers

So... were the originals found clear and then chromed, or are there just two (or more) variants?

and me :lol Im glad it was you too.

Haha! It was a three way battle! Damn, we could've each gone in for a nickel and come up with an extra pair. Plus the bath tub wheels with a larger grenade for a HULK sized OB1!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back