Insidious The Last Key: correct whistle?

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking for the correct whistle from Insidious: The Last Key. It's easy to find very similar whistles for only one dollar on eBay, but the back of these whistles is not 100% screen accurate. Here is a bluray cap of the whistle. Someone has a lead to the correct one?

vlcsnap-2018-07-14-15h04m57s264.jpg

As you can see, the correct rope is a round leather one. All in all I guess this is a very cheap, but for the movie iconic prop to replicate, certainly if you don't want it to be 100% screen accurate. If you look on eBay for "Metal Police Whistle" you get a bunch of very close whistles that are very cheap...

Yep it's a conductor or police whistle. You can find them very easily, but the back, where the ring goes through the whistle, is somewhat special.
The one you posted might be close to the screen used one. You have more info about that one?

Yep it's a conductor or police whistle. You can find them very easily, but the back, where the ring goes through the whistle, is somewhat special.
The one you posted might be close to the screen used one. You have more info about that one?

pm incoming

Bump this thread for this little prop. In the meanwhile I found a whistle that comes pretty close to the screen used one. I also sourced a 2mm leather rope to attach the whistle to, but I think I'm going to replace it by a waxed cotton rope.

Some pics of the whistle:

20221030_175612.jpg

20221030_175551.jpg

Close up of the rope:

20221030_175716.jpg

Doesn't look too bad, but I think I'm going to order this rope (2mm waxed cotton), since it looks more screen accurate. What do you guys think? All opinions are welcome!

1667149379871.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back