Spiderman: Printing and sewing vs. Purchasing full suit

elmas156

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, so please take it easy on me. :) I have a question for those who have made/customized Spider-Man suits or any other zentai suit. I am looking into a project very similar to many of the Spider-Man replica suits that I've seen here. I've done research as to what others have done, and I'm seeing a lot of people that have purchased prints and uploaded them to Fabric On Demand to have the finished material sent back for sewing, and I've seen others who have purchased a suit already sew by uploading their measurements to the sellers website and having it "custom made." I've seen what appear to be great results with both methods, however, taking the route of purchasing a print, or even using a free one by Ken Landrum (http://kenlandrum.com/kl_website/artwork/tasm2.html), and having it printed by Fabric On Demand is significantly more expensive. My question is what is the advantage of going this route vs. purchasing a suit by a manufacturer that prints and sews the suits and sends them to you complete and ready for your customization? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

I've done both methods.

I prefer using a reputable company like the rpc studio to do a full suit. The cost is nearly the same, and there are significantly fewer headaches when you're dealing with one company as opposed to several different people. The rpc studio handles everything in house and they never ignore email questions or requests for updates; the last suit they did for me took about a month from placing my order (with a custom pattern I submitted) to receiving my suit.

Getting it printed in one place and sewn by another might save a few bucks, but it can lead to delays and frustration. Just my advice.

The rpc studio handles everything in house and they never ignore email questions or requests for updates; the last suit they did for me took about a month from placing my order (with a custom pattern I submitted) to receiving my suit.
Wow, I did not know they did custom work. What kind of pattern did you send them, do they have some type of requirement or format?

Wow, I did not know they did custom work. What kind of pattern did you send them, do they have some type of requirement or format?

It was a pattern by Mark at 4neodesigns (not one the rpc studio currently offers on its site). I made some slight changes to it. It was a tiff file, which is what rpc prefers. They have no problem using patterns you send as long as they're not stolen.

I have been searching for a seamstress to stitch the fabric that i have and i can't find any seamstress that is good and affordable. Do any of you have any recommendations?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back