The Fifth Element - Element Stones WIP

UPDATE: I stuck my printed decals on to find an issue.

688ca6f17f5d598bf12c593fbfaee5cd.jpg

So what I discovered was that this file, when scaled for the 12.0cm width I need, is the 29.5cm tall version and I need 24.0cm.

So I just remapped all 4 files to be 240mm tall. This means I have had to slightly vertically compress the image which will distort the waves slightly, but not enough to look bad. Ideally (based on my last stones) the patters should be half the height of the stones themselves.

The new version of the files are here.

Attachments

• Final Template EARTH.jpg
    Final Template EARTH.jpg
    1,006.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Final Template FIRE.jpg
    Final Template FIRE.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
  • Final Template WATER.jpg
    Final Template WATER.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 292
  • Final Template WIND.jpg
    Final Template WIND.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
And what the new decals look like.

Front of the stones needs a flat edge. So the edges of the paper look to be my guide.

a5ad8a410c694e337429ae603635531d.jpg

Backs

abbf429fe2fcba842c146a59beb8cd46.jpg

Now you can see how I have altered the graphic to make sure that the pattern are half height.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks to really rough (not to mention dangerous) setup using the 5 inch grinder and #16 sanding disc.

c1a1507cfac5585c7af09db338aa5ecb.jpg

My stones now have a flat face for the front.

14274a64730064a1f4ef22729e849dd7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So today is distressing the stones and carving in the cracks so they look like old stones - as old as time itself :p

Also been thinking of the base to display these on. Part of me wants to make the top of each pillar with a small recess for each stone to sit, something like this.

Attachments

• Logo 5.jpg
    Logo 5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Logo 4.jpg
    Logo 4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Logo 3.jpg
    Logo 3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Logo 2.jpg
    Logo 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 108
My granddaughter wants me to make her a set of the Fifth Element Stones. I'm thinking of making them out wood, and painting them with the stone paint. Does any one have patterns for them? And what are the dimensions? My research has brought me hear to RPF. The people I spoke with all told me if anyone had the patterns and dimension, it would be the RPF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My granddaughter wants me to make her a set of the Fifth Element Stones. I'm thinking of making them out wood, and painting them with the stone paint. Does any one have patterns for them? And what are the dimensions? My research has brought me hear to RPF. The people I spoke with all told me if anyone had the patterns and dimension, it would be the RPF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HERE are my modified patterns that I used.

These were originally made for a taller version, but I wanted a 9" version, so modified the pattern to work at that scale. The full height pattern is back a page.

cavex, I got the drawings and loaded in sketchup. Thank you very much.

Your welcome. As I explained in the Email, these don't have the etching on them, so you can't 3D print these. It was just more for me to see the size and scale before I built them.

Wanted to add my contribution to the help I received in this thread. I used the templates and glued up 4 layers of 3/4 MDF. Cut to shape on the tablesaw and routed the lines with an 1/8" router bit. Sealed the raw MDF with watered down wood glue. Added the texture by using Durham's water putty and stippled on with a trimmed down chip brush. As it started to stiffen a bit I used a putty knife to flatten down the high points. Cracks where carved in with an exacto blade, and rotary bits. Sealed again with some more watered down wood glue and primed. Base coated with a 50/50 mix of putty/bleached sand acrylic paint and weathered with some brown Folkart antiquing mediums and sealed with a matte coat.
2019-02-21 11.49.40.jpg
2019-02-21 11.54.32.jpg 2019-02-21 11.55.17.jpg 2019-02-21 11.55.36.jpg 2019-02-21 11.54.15.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back