Blade Runner 2049 Deckard Blaster Bluray Collectors Edition.

But the watergun has no paintjob,has no weight,not the correct markings and is not a limited Collectors piece.
But with a little more effort, like the receiver moulding being straight towards the front of the gun and adding the grip details as you mentioned It would have been great. As it is it's not worth £110 as an inaccurate collector's piece. I'll stick with my modded water pistol. It does the job for me.

But with a little more effort, like the receiver moulding being straight towards the front of the gun and adding the grip details as you mentioned It would have been great. As it is it's not worth £110 as an inaccurate collector's piece. I'll stick with my modded water pistol. It does the job for me.

The "worth"is always a very personal thing.;)
And "inaccurate" are both.Only the Coyle and the Tomenosuke are really accurate.But for what it is..the bluraypiece is a great colletors piece..if you can live with the mistakes or wanna mod it.What I like is that it has the right size,markings and the paintjob looks also good.
The watergun is also a great piece..but you must spent a lot of work in it to look and feel really good.

At least mine is on its way, should have it in the morn. Can then watch the film again as the Mrs refuses to see it in English (have the ENG Blu-Ray) , don't ask me why...its a German thing I guess :p

Has anybody attempted to separate the glue yet?
Also, is this static, no moving parts? Are the grips seperate, can they be removed?

If no one beats me to it I could post some pics later today. As far as I know there are no moving parts, but as said will post when I have it.

Received mine yesterday and have to say that I like very much what I got for my money. It's a big chunk of resin with some warped spots here and there, but the overall look and feel is ok, similar to a stunt prop weapon. I'm pretty sure that it can be improved with a bit of (heat and paint) work. The amber grip looks solid to me. I managed to remove it from it's base pretty easily with the help of a sharp knife. The base of the grip was not flat-glued to the base, but has a piece of resin which is actually part of the blaster casting sunken into the base to make it more difficult to remove it from the base. Don't try to break the blaster off it's base, when I tried it, I accidentally broke off the resin trigger guard.

I must say that I am pretty impressed with the Blaster, sure there are some warpy spots like vadermania said, but over all not bad for the price, and its no hollow plastic toy its a proper resin cast. As far as I can see its done by NECA (says so on the back of the box) they could have picked a much worse Manufacturer in my opinion,

Some pics

fullsizeoutput_33f.jpegfullsizeoutput_341.jpegIMG_0030.JPGIMG_0029.JPGIMG_0028.JPGIMG_0032.JPGIMG_0031.JPGIMG_0033.JPG5alsDAOKSNeKpBTTSZKc2Q.jpgIMG_0034.JPG9ckNwVOgRW+ujoIBbWOC4Q.jpgiOdr5rccTImMBWGxTspAsg.jpgIMG_0035.JPGH6V%9cfjTMi9TeXAXsV82w.jpg%CU4tMpFTmqfl3TMnrFtmg.jpgfullsizeoutput_342.jpeg+YmGyi5oTmmC3sUWgBOJOA.jpg

All in all I am pretty happy with it...until my Tomenosuke arrives :p

fullsizeoutput_33f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_341.jpeg

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

fullsizeoutput_342.jpeg

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

iOdr5rccTImMBWGxTspAsg.jpg

%CU4tMpFTmqfl3TMnrFtmg.jpg

5alsDAOKSNeKpBTTSZKc2Q.jpg

9ckNwVOgRW+ujoIBbWOC4Q.jpg

H6V%9cfjTMi9TeXAXsV82w.jpg

+YmGyi5oTmmC3sUWgBOJOA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After hours of blood and sweat I was able to remove the blaster from it's base without destroying it. The base is made of wood material or such. the front part of the barrel and the bottom of the grip are keyed into the base, as vadermania stated, and glued in place. As I thought it's just (lightly) glued in place, I sucessfully tried to saw it it off. At first I used a long exacto knife and later on I used some guitar strings as a saw. At that point I didn't know that I was cutting trough solid resin. After few hours work and a slighty scuffed base, I cut through the large chunck of resin in the base of the grip.
Now I have a nice Ltd. Ed. replica of Deckard's Blaster, which can rest on it's base, if I choose to do so.

It looks great. So the entire German-exclusive PKD is made of resin? Does anyone know if that's true of the Spanish-exclusive version, which is more expensive, also?

EDIT. I now see that the Spanish version is more expensive, because it also includes 4K and 3D versions. One of the YouTube reviews embedded in the hidefninja page indicates that the Spanish blaster is only partially plastic. In addition, another poster at HDN said that it wasn't difficult to remove the glued-in barrel from the stand. However, he is having difficulty removing the grip, which is attached by three nails to the stand.

Last edited:
i'm trying to remove the base of the german version. does anyone have experience with this model? out of the box it had a couple of chips, was pretty dusty and was glued in poorly. (not to complain, overall it's great for the price! ) i started a bit brutally removing the glue of the front part. it had some squeeze out - please don't mind the chips i will repaint it - and i ran into a metal rod. thoughts on how i should continue?

best from Berlin!

IMG_1536.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1542.jpg

ohh, poor guy and thank you @cjchiu for the link. Here's a closer look to keep it in one place.

View attachment 796324

awwww.........fffuuuuuuuuuu!!
this hurts and I also have accidently broken pieces while trying to mod them. Sucks more when its a expensive or rare piece.
So, I feel your pain

But seems the blaster can be saved and repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they used different methods to attach the front part of the blaster to the stand. Mine had definitely no metal pin to secure it to the stand, it looked more like a small wooden pin.

Yep, that attachment is not constant (it seems) with every gun. As the vid said: first take care of the grip part (no metal there) and then the other side could be cut with a saw.

The blaster is from Neca...and with some work it can look like the best low budget blaster I think.
Started the work on mine also.:)

if you don't care about the stand. just cut into the sections where the gun is attached.
Then work around those sections, without having the whole base attached to the gun

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back