Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Would CAD models help? And the gears are most likely Nylon

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

They could. I would still have to source or have masters made up first. Fully cured epoxy is D80. Basically you never strip the teeth of the cog made from that. And it is 40% lighter than the same part made in say perspex.

Actually, laser cutting perspex might be a way to go here.

Do the gears have recessed parts? If not, laser cutting is simple because it is an x,y operation. If you need recesses, then those part need to be broken down along the z axis and layered up after cutting. As long as you have a centre pin for alignment, not too hard.

They could. I would still have to source or have masters made up first. Fully cured epoxy is D80. Basically you never strip the teeth of the cog made from that. And it is 40% lighter than the same part made in say perspex.

Actually, laser cutting perspex might be a way to go here.

Do the gears have recessed parts? If not, laser cutting is simple because it is an x,y operation. If you need recesses, then those part need to be broken down along the z axis and layered up after cutting. As long as you have a centre pin for alignment, not too hard.
I don't think they have recessed parts, I can't take at look at the moment

Anyone here that's knowledgeable about gears and metal, what metal should the new gears be made out of? Something durable, and heat resistant / heat treated. I was told titanium, but it's also a bit brittle

Titanium in its most common used structure, Titanium (6al4v) is actually stronger than the most common used steel

New QC picts.

They even shot a video that lasts 30 minutes to show me the shoes stay lit.

I think I'm going to accept them, but if someone sees anything glaring, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_7090.JPG
    IMG_7090.JPG
    466.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7089.JPG
    IMG_7089.JPG
    364.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7088.JPG
    IMG_7088.JPG
    417.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7087.JPG
    IMG_7087.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6971.JPG
    IMG_6971.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6970.JPG
    IMG_6970.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6969.JPG
    IMG_6969.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6968.JPG
    IMG_6968.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6967.JPG
    IMG_6967.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6966.JPG
    IMG_6966.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the new QC pictures. I don't really see anything wrong with these. The only thing I see is the swoosh is lower on one shoe. Other than that nothing stands out to me.

What do you guys think?
f9fac6e663e041b204a09fff90aa5c0b.jpg
b64455b636a8b08b21235b0bb638935b.jpg
98f2fcc67e29304214eeaa1b163dda46.jpg
6dfcb2f6fde5d5f9708fa10f9f9c199c.jpg
4f7ecd1c555f51b4ec853603b8db0ad5.jpg
c800a21e0468fb6d0104409172fba8bb.jpg
6751ed24a8c37b6a3625fdd95151451c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Question for those who have updated the lights in their V2 shoes to match that RD Mags. Have you or anyone else attempted to put this light system into the V3 shoes? Seems like a much more reliable way of getting the lights last longer than five seconds before breaking.

Jedifyfe have you tried this with any of yours?

I've been in touch with "David" twice in the last two weeks looking for non functioning Mags. First time he said he had none, then just this morning he has some for $200 which I am going to buy if it's a real offer.

cavx. Where did you get your GITD kit? Looks like a great option for the shoe if you want to wear them, which is what I plan on doing with these ones.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Aside from the swooshes being at a different height, I wonder about that bulge on the right shoe. Something looks a little weird there.

- - - Updated - - -

they look like a pretty sweet pair of v3.1's to me! What size did you get, and did you think they fitted true to size compared to other Nikes you've bought?

I bought size 10.5. They fit true to size.

Just got my quote for having new gears made. $15000
Bye Felicia

Hope you didn't mention what they were for. There are some things that immediately incur a '"privilege tax" if you mention what the purpose is. Examples are weddings and home cinema where you can expect to pay 400% for the same item just for mentioning the those words.

So what are these gears made from? Hope they are gold plated.

Update on my V3 clear soles.

I now have 2 good front oval part molds.

I also have had a good casting of the inner wing parts. A bit of flashing but at least no pockets of air trapped.

Outer wings are coming along nicely and in the coming days I will be creating the base molds to complete these sets. Then will be darker tinted blue.
aebd49e8847f94f5dcb43ad4b4a4b523.jpg
fe703991fb2cf589122e70fc2784e5b1.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Hope you didn't mention what they were for. There are some things that immediately incur a '"privilege tax" if you mention what the purpose is. Examples are weddings and home cinema where you can expect to pay 400% for the same item just for mentioning the those words.

So what are these gears made from? Hope they are gold plated.
Some kind of cheep soft metal

Some kind of cheep soft metal

That is a crap price.

How many cogs are there in the set?

Do you have CAD files for the parts?
I do think laser cut Perspex is going to be the strongest and most affordable way to go.

I haven't worn my Mags out of the house yet... Too wet and snowy here in Ohio since I've gotten them. I also am looking for the right occasion.

I got super excited thinking about going to Ready Player One with my Mags. That's not until March, but they seem like the perfect shoe for that trip to the theater.

Made another discovery about my first pair of Mags. I've been trying to wear them around the house some, just to break them in. The right shoe felt a little uncomfortably snug.

I'd never looked until today, but they sent me size 10, not 10.5 like I ordered.

Thankfully, they're not so tight that I can't wear them, and I think in time they will loosen up. The left shoe feels OK right now as it is.

For those buying new shoes, you might consider having them take a photo of the tag too.

Made another discovery about my first pair of Mags. I've been trying to wear them around the house some, just to break them in. The right shoe felt a little uncomfortably snug.

I'd never looked until today, but they sent me size 10, not 10.5 like I ordered.

Thankfully, they're not so tight that I can't wear them, and I think in time they will loosen up. The left shoe feels OK right now as it is.

For those buying new shoes, you might consider having them take a photo of the tag too.
Do they actually make these in half sizes or just calling then that by changing the tag on the box?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back