John Wick 2 Blood Oath Marker

I got my set in on Monday and finally got some pictures.

View attachment 778373View attachment 778374View attachment 778375View attachment 778376

Notice on the third picture I placed a coin edge on at the bottom left to let you get the scale of the thickness. The coins feel very light (like aluminum light, but the thickness does give them "some" weight). Detail on the coins is great...rays on the lion side and fine horizontal lines on the statue side. The Blood Oath Marker is heavy and has tons of fine detail work both front and back. My big negative on the marker is that it only opens about half way up. The picture shows it open to its fullest. Now it "might" open up more, but it looks and feels like it would break the hinge.

Mine doesn't open all the way either. One of the bumps on the surface seems to be blocking the hinge from opening more. Pretty poor design actually.

Unfortunately it's very clearly unintentional. Mine has very obvious sanding marks from cleanup.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/317a2668642065c0edc5787fe59d90f5.jpg

It's still a great piece!

These are very clearly not cast directly from a screen used prop. Same for the coins. Not that I really expected them to be. Although, its possible that maybe they were but then tweaked quite a bit.

Mine's not as bad but there's a little rough spot on the edge. 20171211_200222.jpg

Still waiting for mine, I`m tipping the sharp bit for drawing blood is missing, guess as an adult I cant be trusted not to hurt myself with it, anyone thought about how to add one? It is a very important part of the actual prop.

An actual push pin where you cut off the push pin spike and maybe a tiny dremel drill bit to cut a tiny hole for the pin.

Still waiting for mine, I`m tipping the sharp bit for drawing blood is missing, guess as an adult I cant be trusted not to hurt myself with it, anyone thought about how to add one? It is a very important part of the actual prop.
I think the needle was added digitally in the movie.

Still waiting for mine too but I am already disappointed the triangle part at the right of the thumb print is missing. I was hoping the final product would have it.
bom.png

Wow. I don't see how they can say this was cast from a screen used prop at this point.

As I said earlier, there are discrepancies between the screen shots and this "screen used prop cast". In this same shot, you can see only the hint of a texture to the thumb print area. My 3D model had NO texture based on this picture. But their official object has a definite texture in the metal. What you see is NOT what you get.

As I said earlier, there are discrepancies between the screen shots and this "screen used prop cast". In this same shot, you can see only the hint of a texture to the thumb print area. My 3D model had NO texture based on this picture. But their official object has a definite texture in the metal. What you see is NOT what you get.

Yeah. I'm a little disappointed in it. I guess for the price it's not bad but I think they are misleading people. The coins are pretty nice. I was worried they'd feel too light after reading this thread but it's not too bad. I'm tempted to buy one from here to feel the difference.

Also got mine in yesterday. I tried to remain optimistic -- and I do enjoy the sculpt itself and the quality of the finish -- but the lid closure is a major bummer. Doesn't open up nor close fully, sitting at an angle propped up by the awkward curve of the hinge.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait for reviews when considering future purchases from Chronicle.

Also got mine in yesterday. I tried to remain optimistic -- and I do enjoy the sculpt itself and the quality of the finish -- but the lid closure is a major bummer. Doesn't open up nor close fully, sitting at an angle propped up by the awkward curve of the hinge.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait for reviews when considering future purchases from Chronicle.

Yeah. This was my first purchase from Chronicle and now I have a low opinion of them.

Yeah. This was my first purchase from Chronicle and now I have a low opinion of them.

To be fair, I bought this item blind, and completely understood the risk of paying into an unproven company. They can easily win me back by producing great replicas in the future, I just wont be one of the early adopters any longer.

To be fair, I bought this item blind, and completely understood the risk of paying into an unproven company. They can easily win me back by producing great replicas in the future, I just wont be one of the early adopters any longer.

I feel misled with the pictures of the fully open marker and the claim of using casts from screen used props. I'm not really mad but I would say I probably wouldn't buy from them again.

I never printed my 3D model of the oath marker. But, when I made the model, I did comment that I was making a more obvious hinge compared to the invisible hinge they showed in the pictures. I feel the type of hinge they used is the potential problem.

Im getting a bit sick of being sold " cast from screen used" items that just are not. Its about time for a Court case to put an end to this once and for all.

The thing is, it might be from a screen used piece but they may have been just using a stunt version. If there's no need for the top to open and they don't want the lovely detailed metal version to get dropped on the floor and possibly break, then they give the actor the solid hockey puck cast in rubber/foam to pass over and boom, that's now a screen used piece Might be the one from the beginning of the movie where it's slid across a table, might be from the scene where it's being handed over. We'll never know unless the company tells us, and more than likely they don't know because this sort of thing isn't really kept in records during a shoot..

Might not be the one we were hoping for, but there's lots of hero props and lots of stunt copies for pretty much anything in a high budget film.

I got mine, and while I'm a little annoyed there's no needle/spike it's still cool enough for me. I hate that it can't open fully but it's not like they emailed me and asked me about it.

Chris

Mine arrived today after paying £32 in charges, this prop replica is not cheap! I echo whats been said about the hinge and the weight of the coins. I must confess, to feeling a little disappointed by the finish and quality of the piece, or is it just me? :p It Takes A Lifetime To Build A Good Reputation And Only Minutes To Destroy It!

Really, the oath marker isn't a horrible piece.

But it never should have shipped with the holes / bubbles / marred finish that people are saying. That's just not professional.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back