Black Canary 2.0 from CW's Arrow

I just called the Somerset store in Auburn Hills, MI and they said they currently have one pair of Petite/Small. 248-643-1910

I called a store in Indianapolis and the lady who picked up asked what was up with the gloves because she got two calls yesterday for the same ones. I explained and told her it probably wasn't the last call she would be getting. heh

URG all 3 of the stores in Washington State are sold out!! Well, one had them until yesterday but they were damaged so they sent them back to their damage center.
Update: Every store in Los Angeles area is sold out as well but I called one in Modesto and they are mailing a pair to me! So if you guys can't get them locally, just keep calling stores because they will send them to you. (This may be common knowledge, but it is a new concept to me!)

Last edited:
Sinrider, you must be super close to me. Somerset is the second closest store to me and I ended up ordering from the Indianapolis store last night. :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
pinder91 I called it from Minnesota. :p BUT! I'm from Michigan originally and have been over to Somerset a-plenty. I have family and friends in Troy. (huh, I said Auburn Hills earlier. copy&paste oops!)

A couple of people msg'd me and asked for detailed pics of the SA garter belt so I took pictures and measurements and made an album. If anyone is DIY'ing it I hope this helps. Apologies if some of the pics are a little unclear, my good camera started malfunctioning at the beginning of the weekend. If any clarifications are needed just let me know. Album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/By8V8

I never noticed that the only glint of gold on the whole costume is from the little button on these gloves. I want to replace the button with a silver one to be consistent but it is actually gold in the image. >.<

gold.png

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Oh well.

They look great, though.

So, since the SA boot hasn't been ID'd I went ahead and purchased a very similar alt, the Topshop Destroy Boot. It was very difficult to find a leather (or even faux leather) over the knee boot that did not have any zippers and also had a low heel. These are the closest I've found and, at first, I thought they might be SA but the tread and lines are a little bit different. I plan to set a zipper in the back and then add the (15!!!!) buckles per boot.
If any one wants to check out the boots they are here.
boot.jpg

So, since the SA boot hasn't been ID'd I went ahead and purchased a very similar alt, the Topshop Destroy Boot. It was very difficult to find a leather (or even faux leather) over the knee boot that did not have any zippers and also had a low heel. These are the closest I've found and, at first, I thought they might be SA but the tread and lines are a little bit different. I plan to set a zipper in the back and then add the (15!!!!) buckles per boot.
If any one wants to check out the boots they are here.
View attachment 451802

Herg. So pricey.

I picked this pair of boots up and plan to attach the straps and buckles.
s4ffron, What buckles did you pick up?

Herg. So pricey.

I picked this pair of boots up and plan to attach the straps and buckles.
@s4ffron, What buckles did you pick up?

I bought these from Tandy Leather (at least I think it was the 3/4" might have been 5/8"). I have a membership there so they weren't too expensive. Not completely accurate but...they will do for now!
And yeah, the Topshops are suuuper pricey but...I figured if I was going to pour a whole lot of time into making them look like Laurel's I should get the closest base boot I could, plus they are comfy! I couldn't bring myself to purchase Sara's boot so this is my reward, right? :D
...I am getting expensively obsessed with this cosplay.

I bought these from Tandy Leather (at least I think it was the 3/4" might have been 5/8"). I have a membership there so they weren't too expensive. Not completely accurate but...they will do for now!
And yeah, the Topshops are suuuper pricey but...I figured if I was going to pour a whole lot of time into making them look like Laurel's I should get the closest base boot I could, plus they are comfy! I couldn't bring myself to purchase Sara's boot so this is my reward, right? :D
...I am getting expensively obsessed with this cosplay.

I know those feels. hehe.

I have a Tandy membership, too. Thanks for the tip!

Those look great! They actually look like they do good work, so I contacted them a week ago about mini power ranger boots. See how that goes!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back