Anyone know where to get a small sound effect device aka voice chip?

ae35unit

There a lots of those keychain sound effect novelty items around. The little push button toys that play back farts and movie clips when you press a button. Does anyone know where you can get one the average person can program on a PC? Or how to reprogram an off the shelf one with your own effects. I can find some voice chips you can buy, but they're all rather large ones made for dolls that you squeeze. There's a series called "In Your Pocket' aka "Mr. T in your pocket" "Dr. Who in Your Pocket" that sound great and are really small, but how the heck can you hack one of those? Maybe someone here knows a way to create a customized version of a commerial produced model? Small size in important and I just can't find any small ones. Anyone have a source for one?

Sparkfun has one similar stuff to Adafruit (actually released there's first IIRC), and tend to be a little more reliable, so there's that option too.

i'd go the cheap route and rip one out of one of those record your voice greeting cards. something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10sec-10s-S...174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566c4d42de
bang 2 points ultra:cool

Thanks for the suggestion. I love cheap, but I timed my samples and I need 1 minute sound capacity. Otherwise, $2 buck. Oh yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

These look great and the price is excellent! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Sparkfun has one similar stuff to Adafruit (actually released there's first IIRC), and tend to be a little more reliable, so there's that option too.

I'm checking out their website and don't see their sound module. Must look some more. thanks for the tip!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back