Kenobi ANH lightsaber dimensions

Hey Brandon21 ! Welcome to TheRPF! That's a LOT of measurements to take. There are no "slots to add in the grip pads", it's all one piece of metal. Search for parfaitelumiere's posts in the Obi-Wan threads, he mentions that the Hale's Grenades are made from "font" (if I remember correctly, I believe it translates to a type of white metal). But I'd be less concerned about metal types and heat treatment and all that, and go for something unique... like all 316 Stainless Steel, or all Inconel.

Here's a link for you to learn more about the Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber via Real Parts Replicas...
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482

And here's a link to the most accurate (measurements taken from real parts and interchangable with real parts) Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber replica that you can buy...
http://romanprops.com/product-category/kits/

This isn't the one stop answer you were hoping for, but it'll get you started. The GRAFLEX Clamp is 2.000" long.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i created this print about 13 years ago based on the Ep iv lightsaber.
as mentioned already it was based in the existing knowledge at that time. since new discoveries have been made the demensions may not be as accurate.
at that time the clamp and grenade were identified so i used that as a starting point to extrapolate the scaling if the other parts using reference photos.

Hi Darth
As mentioned by yourself, wenow have all the original parts accounted for. I am a machinist that has already produced 4 lightsabers to date (mostly using your dimensions as my main guide, thanks for those!). I have now turned my attention to making obi's ANH saber, I would be more than happy to create updated dimensions however I am not in possession of any original parts to base measurements on, would you be able to assist on my quest or do you know of anyone who could?

I have studied the 'Re: The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group', however no-one has posted any dimensions. I hope that we could have some definitive measurements that could allow people like myself to immerse themselves in creating their own props.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back